It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Jade" In Jade Helm 15 is an A.I. Software Program

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

Other thread also did not include the written articles, or much of a summary so as far as I can tell the only thing that was the same was the video
Nice work OP

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
So does that mean the Helm is an actual Helmet that President Obama will be wearing when he merges his mind with Jade II and becomes our new Technocratic Overlord?

I welcome Cyber Obama and vow to contribute my mind and soul to the Drone Revolution.

Fear us meat, fear us.

Flag for the neat thread, star for the Jethro Tull reference.

MAKE WAY FOR ROBAMA!

edit on 6/30/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

OOOH ZAPH I was mid response.... LOL

You sly dog you, I HADN'T read the thing either, but I started digging in and I was like "Uh, YEAH this is totally A.I. stuff."

I always respect and appreciate your input on any thread, and to see you say "nevermind," well that's got a bit of weight to it.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

yes, I did see that this was dealing with a training exercise in 2007 but if this system is still being utilized and advanced, then combined with the OCOMMS tech and Raytheon's Sarcos Exoskeletons.

Hell....maybe Raytheon is gonna take over the world with AI. I doubt it, but they are getting crazy close.

The real question is, who do you side with?

These days I'm thinking i might go to the Metal team, Humanity hasn't been impressing me lately and I'd like another option.
edit on 30-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Nice!!
Just catching up on the TV show Person of Interest, but it seems I might just have to turn on the news now!
Such an exciting time to be alive!

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

IMO this is one of John B Wells best stories to date. So many things add up like all info gathered by the NSA is uploaded to this AI, make perfect since to me. Hard to imagine all the data collected being organized in a usable way but for it to be used to educate some form of AI is doable IMO.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

It is not an ongoing thing. The exercise name was JADE II. It had nothing to do with AI. It was a dispersed training experiment in a synthetic environment to see if it was cheaper to train that way.

They had a simulator running the "world", sending threats out to a frigate group, and to an aircraft group. They responded to the threats by firing simulated missiles, which the controlling computer then determined if they hit or not.

This is the same as if they were running the exercise on the ship, except the controlling simulator was somewhere else, and other units were tied in.

Absolutely nothing to do with an AI.
edit on 6/30/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

John is clearly confounded by this interview, and yes it makes too much sense, at least to me it does. According to the interview, there are of processors running on a single chip, and that's just one layer of the system... We have seen and read about the barges out there that are simply huge computer drives/storage units, etc...

From the interview, a "central data entry point" for Jade II does not exist; rather,the Global Information Grid itself is the central data input source. Data collection by the NSA is what feeds this system.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Please excuse me, but I just can't agree with that, Zaph. I don't think what I'm referring to is what you're referring to. Maybe the same name, but definitely not the same thing. I don't know, of course, but I just can't agree with your reply there, not at this time.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

From the Raytheon presentation.

Experimentation with Network Enabled Joint Tactical Training This paper describes the Joint Air Defence Training Simulation (JADE) II, an experimental synthetic exercise performed in late October 2007. The exercise provided training for an Anti-Air Warfare (AAW) organization including two naval frigate AAW teams, an air surveillance and combat management team at a Control and Reporting Centre (CRC) and two combat aircraft pilots, training air-maritime cooperation and coordination procedures. The synthetic exercise was enabled by interconnecting stand-alone training simulation systems and their voice and tactical data link systems, creating the JADE II Joint Tactical Training Capability Prototype (JJTTCP). The JADE II experiments evaluated the JJTTCP’s ability to provide relevant and cost-effective training. For this purpose, a set of subjective and objective data were collected. The paper outlines the experimental setup employed to measure training effectiveness, and describes the JJTTCP. The results of the JADE II experiment were positive, indicating that a network enabled training capability, like the one described, can provide relevant and realistic joint tactical training. The training can be improved in terms of reduced cost and increased availability and it can increase the value of live joint exercises. In addition, it enables trainees to explore and understand network enabled concepts of their domain, and the command and control organization and functions in and adjacent to their domain.

Then maybe you can explain what that means if I'm wrong.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I appreciate the thread. Interesting .pdf in your link from Thorn and I also don't like the implications that an AI like this potentially has but I can't give DJ Welch or L9N any credibility after she said the software was aware of our feelings and then reviewing her website that has little to no real content at all and watching some of her youtube stuff. Really bad. I think she has just latched onto JadeHelm and milking it for all its worth. Watch the Carlsbad video and try not to laugh at her seriousness while not providing a shred of substance.
We need to keep an eye on this stuff for sure but marginalize the looneys in the process. Her voice doesn't sway me quite like you obviously.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

From the Raytheon presentation.

The synthetic exercise was enabled by interconnecting stand-alone training simulation systems and their voice and tactical data link systems, creating the JADE II Joint Tactical Training Capability Prototype (JJTTCP). The JADE II experiments evaluated the JJTTCP’s ability to provide relevant and cost-effective training. For this purpose, a set of subjective and objective data were collected. The paper outlines the experimental setup employed to measure training effectiveness, and describes the JJTTCP. The results of the JADE II experiment were positive, indicating that a network enabled training capability, like the one described, can provide relevant and realistic joint tactical training. The training can be improved in terms of reduced cost and increased availability and it can increase the value of live joint exercises. In addition, it enables trainees to explore and understand network enabled concepts of their domain, and the command and control organization and functions in and adjacent to their domain.

Then maybe you can explain what that means if I'm wrong.

This excerpt nearly explains itself Zaph: The JJTTCP was the experimental prototype of the current system. It basically says there that it was an experiment, and that it worked. Yes, that is certainly an aspect of its use: the exponential efficiency of warfare... but the greater body of this work points to the use of AI. Predictive, Adaptive, Automated, etc...

JADE II is the name of the software and apparently the 2007 experimental run of said software. The point of this thread is that has advanced and will be vital (hence the namesake) in Jade Helm 15...

It's not that you are wrong, I think... it's just that you're putting the experiment in place of the end result.
edit on PMq000000pmTuesday0000006520 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

You didn't read it carefully. It didn't use an AI, it used the computers and datalinks on the units involved. It is just like any other simulator, except the controlling computer was in a different location.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

That is true, and I will read it carefully now... so enough out of me for now.

(But lastly real quick... maybe it wasn't A.I. in 2007 in THAT exercise... but the point here is that in THIS application, with this vastly greater network of data (eg the "human" domain) it will be advanced TO the state of A.I... But alas, let me read for a while.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Given the current information theres only one logical conclusion...

edit on 6/30/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

seems like some people don't know enough about computers and ai to logically think through this issue...i can see how the text from the raytheon document might lead the less computer literate to go, omg jade is ai. but that's not what it's saying at all.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Kirk and Spock must save their ship's crew when they are declared all killed in action in a bizarre computer simulated war where the actual deaths must occur to continue.

A Taste of Armageddon

Star Trek

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: elliotmtl

It was a neat experiment that worked really well. But yeah, I can see where the confusion is coming from.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
At this point in the PDF (which isn't even the reason I posted the thread,) I don't see how some of you DON'T see this as the development of an A.I. system...

Machine Interpretable Representa tion of Commander's Intent The Network-Centric approach envisioned in the Glob al Information Grid enables the interconnection of systems in a dynamic and flexible architecture to support multi-lateral, civilian and military missions. Constantly changing environments re quire commanders to plan for missions that allow organizations from various nations and agencies to join or separate from the teams performing the missions, depending on the situation, as missions unfold. The uncertainty with in an actual mission, and the variety of potential organizations that support the missio n after it is underway, makes Comman d Intent (CI) a critical concept for the mission team. With new and innovative informat ion technologies, CI can now be made available to the team of organizations in a coalit ion environment. Using a flexible and linguistically based approach for representing CI allows Intent to be interpreted an d processed by all participants – both humans and machines. CI representations need to be able to express mission team’s purpose, the anticipated End-State of the mission and desired key tasks. In this work, the expression of CI is developed to enable the structure and dynamics of collaboration support

Anyways, as I said before, it is what is being postulated from this information that is of interest to me... not necessarily the forms themselves, which can be sanitized and/or redacted at the will of the publisher, of course.

But I'll read on.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: elliotmtl

It was a neat experiment that worked really well. But yeah, I can see where the confusion is coming from.

To this, I can can only assert that: generally speaking, in the military... when an experiment is highly successful, it typically gets developed further and eventually becomes policy... that is logical enough for any of us. I believe that it's been around in varying versions, and with different applications, but also that that very software has been upgraded and "plugged into" the "human domain," and that Jade Helm will be employing this latest version for purposes we will soon see... That's the point I'm trying to make.
edit on PMq000000pmTuesday0000006620 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join