It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart makes ISIS cake, bans Confederate Flag cake.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Oh, an ISIS flag on a cake...

We're doomed. This is, frankly, even sillier, than the debate on the Confederate flag.

Seriously, there are more serious things to worry about...or is there?

totally agree with that. still something to think about.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I think a more apropos experiment would be to see if Walmart would make a Mohammad cartoon cake in addition to the ISIS flag cake.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: imd12c4funn
FYI, I just spoke with one of their employees and was told that most likely no on knew the meaning of the ISIS Flag Cake.

In fact, that is the truth of the matter.

Wal-Mart Employee Didn't Know It was an ISIS Cake

Walmart spokesman Randy Hargrove wrote an email to The Daily Caller insisting that the associate who accepted the ISIS flag did not recognize what it was or what it stood for. “Our local store made a mistake. The cake in the video should not have been made and we apologize.”

Huge fail for Mr. Netzhammer.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: buster2010

So, you would rather them not lose their job because they don't produce more than $15/hour even though their employer pays them that. I didn't think so.

Not that it has anything to do with the thread.

It's called paying your employees a livable wage. Is it really that hard for you to understand?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I would wager if a group of young children saw the cake, they wouldn't give a crap what was on it, and just be waiting for it to be cut up and enjoyed.

I bet the cake taste the same no matter what is put on it.

People need to stop over-reacting. We've become a Jerry Springer nation.
edit on 28-6-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

Wait... Nobody's asking the most obvious question: did Wal Mart really sell that kinda cake, or was it just a fake?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Echtelion

He shows a order forum and a receipt but I can't read what the receipt says.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Anybody in their freakin' right mind would know better than to bake and sell such a cake.
Unless. I wonder who the 'baker on duty' was.

BS, if the person making it doesn't want to lose his/her job, they will bake it, until told by management to not bake it....the grunts that work at Walmart don't have a political say. blame the multi-billionaire owners....but somehow Obama and liberals will get the blame.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echtelion

Wait... Nobody's asking the most obvious question: did Wal Mart really sell that kinda cake, or was it just a fake?

Walmart IS NOT a government entity, it's a business....this has nothing to do with taking the confederate flag down from government buildings............this has been said hundreds of times already on ATS....do the people that keep saying this crap, understand the context of sentences or what words actually mean????....as a liberal, keep your flag, fly it anywhere you want to. put it on your cakes, your pick-up trucks, your tee-shirts, have it waving on a big flagpole in your front yard, we don't care, because that is your 1st amendment constitutional right!!!...the court has said that, liberals have said that, Obama has said that, congress has said that, Nikki Haley, governor of South Carolina has said that.......everybody and their friggin' brother have said that........and yet.......
edit on 28-6-2015 by jimmyx because: additions

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
At least this guy know what an ISIS flag looks like.

unlike CNN

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

but Walmart accepts corporate welfare right?

so that means they must 'listen" to government coercions.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

or...........they have a lot of black people that shop (and work) there, and spend millions and millions of dollars every year in their stores.....

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

then take that up with the Walton heirs, the billionaire families that have ownership of Walmart

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I think they have already taken that up.

edit on Jun-28-2015 by xuenchen because: [_ ''o'' _]77

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Reminds me of how Amazon.com has banned the sale of Confederate gear, but Nazi memorabilia is still freely available.

This entire fiasco is nothing but a knee-jerk reaction and isn't helping the situation at all, if anything it's making it entirely worse and I'm pretty sure the social engineers know exactly what they are doing.

These so called "libs" can't even figure out that at its base it's a form of discrimination... America is so effin' backwards.
edit on 28-6-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Now that Gay marriage is legal nationwide I wonder if they will make me a cake of a Lesbian orgy screen printed on from one of my favorite scenes of love in cinema history? "We don't do cakes representing full nudity," they may say. "Well there are 16 nipples being shown and it is my lesbian daughters 16th birthday, just stick candles in those to censor them if you choose. Or else here is a picture of a beheading by a group you sympathize with if that will due. Oh it will, death is more appropriate than sex now?" I would say.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

I seriously doubt the twelve dollar an hour bakers at Walmart had any clue about what kind of cake they were making. Some good ole boy came in with a design and they probably didn't think twice. For all we know he told them it said "happy birthday" in Hebrew.

Exactly!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Something tells me it wasn't an actual member of ISIS and was probably a racist white guy trying to make some stupid point cause he wants his confederate flag cake to show his true ignorance.

Trolling Walmart basically.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
But how does this fit in with Jade Helm?

Now that was some funny stuff right there.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Someone go to walmart and see if they will bake you this cake. Be sure to record and youtube the reaction.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join