It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart makes ISIS cake, bans Confederate Flag cake.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Why would anyone go to Walmart for an ISIS cake or a Confederate cake? They screw the cakes up all the time anyway!

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Then boycott walmart, it was their decision to do both deny and make the other cake.

Me thinks when the guy ordered the cake he didn't tell them it was an ISIS flag and the person was ignorant to what that was.

That flag is also in the same situation as the confederate flag.
The message of that flag, as in what it says, is used by plenty that don't have anything to do with ISIS.
But has been hijacked by people that want to distort it.
Just like how the white supremacist of our nation cling to that confederate flag.

But I would agree it has no business in our stores or on a cake because of what it currently stands for.

The message written on the ISIS flag is common to all Muslims, true, but the flag has not been hijacked. It is an original design thereby making the message of the flag itself unique. You can see the shahada sentence in other places and it simply means, "There is no god but God and Muhammad is His messenger."
You can see the seal of Mohamed in other places and it simply means, "God Messenger Mohammed."
But... When you see that flag, using the black standard, it is clearly and only ISIS, and it is clearly and only representative of authoritarian hate, torture, and murder. That flag has not been hijacked.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Would not an Isis cake be a form of idolatry . I heard they are not to big on that .
edit on 27-6-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
Somehow I am not surprised. Apply walmart 'logic' to 'life' and you will get a jist of UK politics. ''careful not to stir the 'multicultural' pot'' mentality from officials.
Just recently. a walmart worker refused to make a gay marriage cake. They were scolded and walmart stated they had no such policy. So, I am imagining that walmart bakers were looking for 'policy'. The policy stated 'no confederate flag cake' or certain colors. A picture comes in to put an ISIS flag on a cake and either the worker was worried about being scolded and looking for policy' that he/she could not find or had absolutely no idea of what the picture was. I do not believe this is a conspiracy to accept ISIS flags over the Confederate flag.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom Some dumbazz did this for youtube cred. Some poor walmart worker will never be able to live it down. They tried for both cakes. It was a stunt.

edit on 27-6-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Ok so this guy probably went to Walmart with a picture of the Isis flag and said I want this on a cake. Come on folks, most people don't give a damn about the middle east or anything happening there I guarantee you I could go to Walmart and ask everyone in the store if they are familiar with that flag and most of them will not be.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
Ok so this guy probably went to Walmart with a picture of the Isis flag and said I want this on a cake. Come on folks, most people don't give a damn about the middle east or anything happening there I guarantee you I could go to Walmart and ask everyone in the store if they are familiar with that flag and most of them will not be.

Let's not forget that this is Wallmart. The people making the cakes probably work two or three jobs. These people probably don't have time to watch TV, or pay attention to the news. I know that when I was working 80 hours a week, I didn't watch the news or read the newspaper. I didn't have a clue what was going on besides what I saw at my job.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Sadly...... Very, very sadly..... This pretty much sums up the state of our country at the moment. A bad joke.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

I get your stance and the principle of it.

I just don't agree with willingly knowing that flag stands for isis and making it.

If that is against the constitution then so be it.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Exxxxxxxxactly. Isis who?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Gee, maybe the Babel Fish was accidently baked into the cake! That's where it went, of course.

edit on 28-6-2015 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Not surprised considering Obama is still running things.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
a reply to: Komodo
Walmart has no policy for "ISIS" cakes yet, what are they supposed to do? ....more stirring the sh•t.

Use common sense and refuse them business?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
All of the BS going on in the world and people are arguing whether or not a flag is racist.......

Or whether gay people can get married (If you're straight, then why do you even care?!)

The ignorance and stupidity in this country has reached a critical mass of totally epic proportions.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I dont think the cake or the flag is the point
its the us and them mentality becoming evident.

Its the end of the UNITED States of America

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Are we sure this is an "isis" cake? or just a muslim cake?

Lets not jump to conclusions.

Its so funny that this dumb redneck thinks hes onto something
edit on 28-6-2015 by veracity because: dumb redneck

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

No one says you cant be gay and a racist

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: buster2010

So, you would rather them not lose their job because they don't produce more than $15/hour even though their employer pays them that. I didn't think so.

Not that it has anything to do with the thread.

If you don't think Walmart can afford to pay employees 15$ an hour you're sorely, sorely, mistaken.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Oh, an ISIS flag on a cake...

We're doomed. This is, frankly, even sillier, than the debate on the Confederate flag.

Seriously, there are more serious things to worry about...or is there?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
People can hate on Dahboo as much as they want.

this guy has some really good stuff to share every now and then. Thanks for posting it here!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join