It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Same-Sex Marriage ... 'You Ain't Seen Nut'n Yet'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Can you imagine how it would effect people though?

i mean that is of the assumption that Marriage is defined as "One Man One Women" as it's been redefined numerous times, and of course the religion that you follow etc

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I can imagine a lot of ways society might change, some negative and some positive. I could list them and we could waste time arguing over likelihood, but neither of us can prove anything so I won't.

Perhaps we can both agree that people's perceptions of marriage will change, and leave it at that?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

When you say Marriage, is the first thing that comes to your Mind "Man and Woman"?

The perception of Marriage (save for some) isn't "Man Women" it's the Ceremony, it's the Reception it's the Grand picture of a Couple getting Married, living together as a Family etc
edit on 7-7-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Yes. When I hear a word, I think of its definition. Definitions are not subjective. To change a definition is to redefine.

Marriage is a concept that grew from the natural pairing of men and women for procreation. That is its origin. Cultures around the world have different rituals regarding marriage, but it's always been about society celebrating a relationship between a male and a female. For thousands of years, in fact.

Gay marriage is like an honorary degree; sure, I can hang it on the wall but even I know it doesn't make me a doctor.

Now if you were to propose a new word to use for homosexual unions, you wouldn't hear any objections from me. Garriage? Homonuptial?
edit on 7-7-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Although bi-sexual pedo-polygamy will be the next to last step, then thrill murdering them is another half step, suicide will be the only thing left. It will be exercised often.

The implosion of the Worm in the spirit cannot be stopped.

Horrid.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Marriage is a concept that grew from the natural pairing of men and women for procreation.

www.livescience.com...

What marriage had in common was that it really was not about the relationship between the man and the woman," said Stephanie Coontz, the author of "Marriage, a History: How Love Conquered Marriage," (Penguin Books, 2006). "It was a way of getting in-laws, of making alliances and expanding the family labor force."

The Word Marriage is like The One Ring to Gollum, to some people...

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny

You do know Bisexual is already a recognized Sexuality right?

You know who keeps talking about Marrying Animals and Children? you guys.. think about it

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: yeahsurexxx

originally posted by: yeahsurexxx

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

originally posted by: yeahsurexxx
I bet the OP is coming out of his closet soon enough.
The first part is always denial...

It's weird. I kinda sense by your hostile response to the op that you are in favor of gay marriage, but then you try to use gay as an insult? So which is it?

Why should i bother whom you choose to marry?
The only reasons ppl hate on this is RELIGION, stupidity and insecurity.

Usually when ppl go all crazy over this it's just showing their insecurity, and the OP is a prime example of this.

Sir. That would have been a much better post to begin with in this thread than the one you chose to go with. Much more classy, and actually gives an opinion. Let's stop throwing our site down the #ter due to temporary emotion over text.

edit on 8-7-2015 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join