It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sirenum Fossae - PIA11777 - HiRISE 

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...
I worked with the tif (15mb) for the zoom.

First zones to examine:

Zone 1:

Zone 2:

Zone 3:

Zone 4:

Zone 5:

Is there like a village...
I'm sure there are more things in that picture. If you found more things, or improve the things i see in the zones marked, bring it here.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Clonevandal

I have to say, that I am unconvinced by the conclusions you have drawn from these images. Without secondary angles to confirm your reading of the pictures you have posted, it is impossible to make an accurate assessment of the nature of these shapes you have identified, and in situations such as these, it is wise to assume that any hoofbeats you hear are horses, not zebras.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

A village?

On the side of a crater that clearly has eroded and collapsed?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It never stops.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
In zone 4 that long triangle looks made. Not natural. Even has space open underneath it. There is no reason to simply dismiss it as if man is the only life form around.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
There are lots of penises/dildos and monkeys in your interpretation.

Have you had a look at the original HiRISE imagery at hirise.lpl.arizona.edu... using their HiView application?

Here's "zone 1" from the original image, at 1:1 scale:

One key factor to remember here is that the photo was shot looking top-down, so any houses or structures that would be there would also appear top-down.

Luckily, there are HiRISE observations of the same crater taken at different times, which can give a more informative view of the area:

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...
and the "zone 1" area from it:

and hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

So, with lots of imagination (and ignoring the geometry of a top-down view) you could see houses and other kinds of structures there, but to be realistic and objective, you're looking at natural terrain.

edit on 27-6-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Pareidolia much? If you stare at a picture long enough, one can imagine all kinds of different shapes. SMH.

edit on 27-6-2015 by Blazemore2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Zone 1 kinda looks like a house with a wiener....those silly martians

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Good eye OP. Hopefully NASA will release some clearer images so we can get a good view

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Zone 1: I see a a misshapen skull.
Zone 2: I see R2-D2 and another couple droids standing behind him.
Zone 3: I see a person on a swing.
Zone 4: I see a giant bear paw print.
Zone 5: I see an X-chromosome.

Pareidolia is a funny thing.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
One of the pictures looked like a toilet seat..
Conclusion.. Rocks and shadows.

I wonder why people try to seek similar patterns in architecture and physiology than we have.. when most likely if there is life out there it most likely doesn´t look nothing like ours ?
edit on 27-6-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This is a ridiculous stretch of the imagination, even by ATS standards. And why does your "house" have a penis?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance
This is a ridiculous stretch of the imagination, even by ATS standards. And why does your "house" have a penis?

It's a Martian frat house

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

This is what happens when you over zoom images, you join dots that are not there and make yourself look kind of silly.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance
Freud would say it might have something to do with that dream where the OP was smoking a cigar while riding a train going through a tunnel and watching everybody eating weiners.

I think most people can see a face in the original image of the face on Mars, so we all have pareidolia to some extent, but I agree this is beyond a stretch, and just like the face on Mars when you look at things at more different angles you get a better representation which isn't considered in these types of 2-D perspectives.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

No rocket lifting off?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I can't believe I'm posting this image for the third time in as many weeks:

Which is brighter, square 'A' or 'B'?

the brain is a funny thing that shouldn't be trusted!

edit on 28-6-2015 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
What hurtful comments, anyone is attacking you on here, you don't need to be defensive.

I'm gonna improve what i see in the picture to enhance what is seen.

a reply to: MarsIsRed

Are you a wizard?

edit on 28-6-2015 by Clonevandal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Good eye OP. Hopefully NASA will release some clearer images so we can get a good view

I don't think the 25 cm/pixel resolution in the first image I linked could get any better for an orbiting telescope, unless you build a big one (like the Hubble) and send it up there, or get the telescope into a much lower orbit. But then (in both cases) the orbital speed of the telescope will make the images blurred due to motion during each exposure.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Why would I be a wizard? Seems like a strange thing to ask!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join