It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karma Collection Club

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Karma, loosely translated as 'action', is the reciprocal repayment of positive deeds with beneficent results and negative behaviors with adverse consequences.

And like the amount of money in your bank account, never can you have too much good karma.

To that end I've got an ongoing habit. I wake up every morning and go through every day always looking for little things I can do that'll generate even more good karma. I hold open doors and let people cut in on the highway, I put quarters in random parking meters and pick up (non-gross) litter in the park where I walk. I'm not saying I'm anything special; I'm just giving a few examples of the things I do to help mature myself on a celestial level.

And I'm always looking for new creative ideas to help me develop my spirit even faster. So help me out, ATS:

What are some things you regularly do to generate good karma?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Mostly what we do for (or to) others.

Instead of picking up litter or randomly putting money into parking meters (the city has big enough coffers), put the effort onto people that actually need it.

Really, really destitute looking people need it most. For whatever reason, their lot should be the most compelling. Give them those random dollar bills in your wallet. You won't be curing or harming them, just making their next day a little bit easier. They could use the relief…

whats that set you back?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

may I ask a few questions? i am just trying to understand it a little better

you didn't seem to mind talking about your life yesterday

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Be sure you know why you are doing these good things. If it's to get a better room in Heaven, I'd not bother. If it's to make you feel better about yourself, that's not all bad, but still not there yet. If it's just because you know it's the right thing to do, then you've got it. Don't tell people what you do, don't do it for the Kudos of the back slaps. Do it because it needs to be done, and if not by you, then who?

Just watch your surroundings. You will know when someone is calling for help. Just be there when they do. It might be as simple as sitting down and talking to an elderly person. Or smiling at a child. It doesn't have to cost money.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

what in the world is good karma

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Good advice.

Motive surely matters, and my intentions are to make performing good deeds an unconscious habit so I'll always react to situations with appropriate instincts. Too many people just walk or drive past strangers who need aid... I wanna be the person who immediately and unconsciously helps.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Sounds cool to me..
I'm repairing someones roof or I am measuring the wood anyway.
They supply the materials, I fix it, and that's it... Nothing else.

It doesn't even really make me feel good, it's just, what I do.
Looks like soon I will be helping an overweight (400lbs?) person clean up their house.
Spend time with them and keep them positive. They are down 30 lbs so far.. Yikes..

Homeless people are the best.
You would be surprised what some of them can do if given a chance.

You know that actor, in guardians to the galaxy or whatever that movie was called. The main guy with "blond" hair?
he was homeless, once.. People just need more chances. Sometimes it just takes a little help.

I believe Karma is a thing, but I never think about it. That seems like tempting fate, or being disingenuous.
I think it's more about what you want, than what you do.. I don't have tons of money, but it's not something I focus on.

edit on 26-6-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

For sure, I also believe in helping out people in need. I donate to the homeless, etc... just didn't want to pepper the OP with too many examples lest people start thinking I'm bragging about being some kind of saint

Good advice, though. Helping people is definitely more important than helping inanimate things.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

actually if i can be upfront what I want to talk about is benefits.

If you do know how it works be good for me to talk it out with someone who knows for sure

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I am interested that you say you can never have enough good karma?

Do you do nice things for people because it's the right thing to do or because you feel that it will at some point benifit you as you will recive good karma back again.

This is a genuine question, I am not attempting to bait you.

I have always felt that true karma cannot come from what is in essense a selfish act.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I have always felt that true karma cannot come from what is in essense a selfish act.

If you know the rules of the game you can use your mind to make favorable outcomes for yourself..
whereas using your heart just because you care is natural.

I do think intent is accounted for assuming something like karma is real..
I'm pretty selfish most of the time, but my heart pulls me when I see something.
I never know when it may happen.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

hey

you sound like a person to pick their brains

I would want to know how would you describe one week right now what are u facing or what ever you want to point out

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
My Karma just ran over your dogma....
edit on 26-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

start thinking I'm bragging about being some kind of saint

I didn;t get that from you. You asked for ideas how people help others to improve their lives.

I used to live outdoors, I know what people go through. Most are self sufficient to some degree, they aren't asking for help, or have some disability that prevents them from living in regular society (thats a long read).

Mostly though they will accept some kind of handout. if only a small pittance to the provider it means much to the person who has little.

Don't give it to the beggars, they are looking to get their next fix. These stand at ATMs, store entrances or approach on the street with their hands out, carrying signs "will work for food".

Give them stuff, like a folding poncho, a little flashlight, a lighter, wool cap… get my drift, these are useful things that provide comfort and can't be used to buy drugs or alcohol.

Other kinds of people looking in trash for cans or pushing shopping carts that look old and raggedy are most helped by a coupe bucks. Its a warm cup 'o soup or coffee.

You may even feel good afterwards. I know I do.

Again, you aren't going to cure them of their malaise or harm them with such a small gesture, just make their day that little bit easier.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

actually if i can be upfront what I want to talk about is benefits.

If you do know how it works be good for me to talk it out with someone who knows for sure

I private messaged you (the little white envelope at the upper right of your screen).

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I have been homeless before.
My favorite thing ever was I gave a guy one of my last cigarettes, but then he took me behind a restaurant, gave me a beer, and then brought out Mexican food from the back door.. That was Amazing.. And we could barely talk to each other.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I do it primarily because I like to help, but I also believe karma can be a win-win... the recipient of the action benefits from the kind act, and the doer benefits by getting cosmic brownie points.

Of course there's still some element of ego involved--I often catch myself doing good things simply to pad my stats, so to speak--but I'm working towards ironing out that unwanted element of my intention.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

thank you for your reply..

i am not sure yet what i am asking

it would be good to just know ok like what was the hardest moment and stuff like that

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

I have been homeless before.
My favorite thing ever was I gave a guy one of my last cigarettes, but then he took me behind a restaurant, gave me a beer, and then brought out Mexican food from the back door.. That was Amazing.. And we could barely talk to each other.

Those are the best.

Real generosity is giving of what little you have without any expectations of return.

When you have little, giving a little doesn't matter so much.

Theres less anxiety involved with owning little. People with a lot to guard and protect worry more about it.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
ok i am asking because i do have a situation.
there is someone i am miles away from who told me two days ago they will be homeless like i dont know that night

said they will slit they throat. ok and know they have completely disappeared . i am so lost . my hand is opened they said it is pointless and

#n shut me down and walked off. this is the fifth day i have not slept six going on i am on stand by praying for them to be alive and reach out
this is just ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join