It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who thinks Hailey is a creation of chance? Caution: Heart warming.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
What a beautiful little girl. I don't care if there are 50 infinities, this ANGEL is not the result of chance. Please help her cause if you can Hailey's Harvest link

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Since your link goes to Facebook, and I know a lot of people here don't use it, I thought I'd contribute to your thread a bit.

Hailey is an amazing little girl. 9 years old and already trying to affect change in her world.

The 9-year-old from Bremerton, Washington, is creating individual shelters to distribute to homeless people in her community. After receiving a grant, Hailey plans to make 11 of the small homes for the town’s permanent Tent City, which is expected to open later this year, KING 5 News reported.

"It just doesn't seem right that there are homeless people," Hailey told the news outlet. "I think everyone should have a place to live."

Huff Post Article

Hailey's Harvest Website

edit on 26-6-2015 by MojaveBurning because: added info

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Thank you, that's an appreciated contribution!
a reply to: MojaveBurning

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
What an awesome little girl.
I wonder if she could somehow incorporate a small veg garden on the roof of her shelters?
Maybe you could suggest this to her on her facebook page,donktheclown.

If she carries on doing things like this,I bet we will hear a lot more about her in the future.

I hope the authorites will support her project-they should give her a load of money and a medal for being a good citizen IMO.

Thanks for sharing such a positive story donk.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

if you wish to demand that credit be given to some external agent for ms fords endeavours - then the same agent has to be held culpable for mr roofs attrocities - you cannot cherry pick

PS - why did you even bring " chance " into it - could you not bear to give ms ford credit for her own actions ?

EDIT TO ADD :

oh and before the first idiot attempts to attack me - i have nothing against ms ford or her endeavours - i simply object to the blatant attempt to shoehorn an irrelevant adjenda onto them
edit on 26-6-2015 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
What a beautiful little girl. I don't care if there are 50 infinities, this ANGEL is not the result of chance. Please help her cause if you can Hailey's Harvest link

What do you mean by a creation of chance?

I am very proud of this young girl and anyone else who takes time to be productive. Bonus points to her for using her time and skill to help others.

But that is not really what your asking. Your asking if she is a creation of chance. Or the idea that because she is charitable, therefor the idea of creation is more viable? You are setting up a scenario where if anyone disagrees with you, you can pretend to take a high road and demonize them.

I love that this girl is charitable, but whether her charity is chance? I would assume that she learned this behavior from her family and friends.

Does her being charitable, some how add something to the idea of creation? Absolutely not.

Kudos to this young lady and everyone else who is a productive member of society.

to people who use some one else's positive story to promote bad science.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Wait a minute people. It was a rhetorical (asked to produce an effect) question. I just posted a nice story, so take it how you like.

a reply to: Woodcarver

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
You know, don't you? I am saying that our CREATOR made this girl. Time and CHANCE would never have made such a wonderful being.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

this ANGEL is not the result of chance.

Together Rising is a women and girl empowerment non-profit organization. The good done is obviously not chance.

togetherrising.org
Glennon Doyle Melton

Studies show that around the world and here at home- the surest way to lift a family or community is to lift a woman. When a woman rises, she brings her people up with her. When she rises, families rise, communities rise, and the world rises. Together Rising exists to heal the world, one HER at a time.

Todays twitter:
6/26/15: The Supreme Court affirms the right of gay partners to marry in all states. Love Wins.

edit on 26-6-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
Wait a minute people. It was a rhetorical (asked to produce an effect) question. I just posted a nice story, so take it how you like.

a reply to: Woodcarver

So you wrote a bait worthy title about a story that never mentiones religion, and you put it into the religious forum..... Well here we are. Nom nom. This is the part of the internet where we discuss these exact kinds of claims and whether they have any merit to them.
It is a nice story and i wish the girl the best, but you're just using this story of a nice little girl to claim proof that some deity created the world, the universe, and 50 infinities.

To me, your just saying, " look how great my god is. Look How it made this perfect little angel. "

You're pointing out one person, who may or may not agree with your version of god, and claiming that your god made her this way. Instead of giving this girl and her family the credit they deserve. Even if they are religious, your only using their story to promote your version.

I'll just go with some of the obvious reasons why your model of how the world works doesn't make any sense. By your version, god also made every murderer, every rapist, every virus, every cancer, all of the atheists, and anything else you can think of that you don't like. I don't see you praising god for giving cancer to kids.

And how about, why would your god make this nice girl build homes for adults. Why not make all of those adults handy enough to build their own damn homes. That would be a miracle that would convert me.

P.s. There are no rhetorical questions on the internet.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ah the sweet innocence of youth.

Give it ten years and the world will have crushed her.

That will part of God's plan too. Crushing her.

Heh.. the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away..

Btw, time and chance can produce an awe inspiring amount of things. Lord willing time and chance will result in this girl being an atheist, or perhaps agnostic (oh and not crushed by the world).

edit on 6-26-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Lord willing time and chance will result in this girl being an atheist, or perhaps agnostic (oh and not crushed by the world).

As far as we know she is atheist. The outfit sponsoring her is definitely feminist humanist. Empowerment can potentially lead to resistance to crushing.
edit on 26-6-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

no - you attempted to hijack the story with your religious agenda - how about just being honest and admitting it ?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I guess honesty isn't your strong suite.

top topics

join