It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly attack reported at factory in France

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Deadly attack reported at factory in France
Man found decapitated at the site near Grenoble, with attacker carrying an Islamic flag, reports say.

26 Jun 2015 09:25 GMT

An attacker carrying an Islamic flag has killed one person and injured several others at a gas factory in eastern France, AFP reported, citing a legal source.

The suspected attacker entered the factory and set off several small explosive devices, the source said.

A decapitated body was found nearby the factory, another source said.

The total number of casualties was not immediately reported.

The attack came nearly six months after the attacks in and around Paris that killed 17 people in January that started with a shooting at satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo.

French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said he would go "immediately" to the scene, his office said.

More soon ...

www.aljazeera.com...

This is just breaking now. It literally just popped up on the nightly news here which lead me to check online.
When's the crazyness going to end? Now they are walking into factories and killing people? What's next, terrorists are going to break into peoples homes as they sleep and kill them? What a world we live in.

edit - new info.

One person decapitated in suspected terror attack on French factory

Updated June 26, 2015 20:31:58
Attack at the Saint-Quentin-Fallavier industrial area

A suspected Islamist attacker pinned a decapitated head covered with Arabic writing to the gates of a gas factory in eastern France before being arrested, police said.

The suspect entered the factory and set off several small explosive devices, the source said.

www.abc.net.au...

That's just messed up.
edit on 26-6-2015 by mortex because: new info

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

This will continue until the realization that appeasement doesn't work. Until then? Hunker down...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

The IS recruits are then given a new passport allowing them to travel to Turkey.
After several months' training, they return to Thailand, are given back their Australian passports and return home, leaving no paper trail of having travelled to the Middle East.

Just around the corner mate , just around the corner .

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
On a similar vein in the UK a terror suspect had his electronic tag removed because it was in breach of article three of the European convention on human rights.

Story here

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Crap! My husband is in Grenoble right now. He is working in a hospital there- maybe I can get more info from him- perhaps he will see some of those injured.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Ive really had enough now. If David Cameron doesnt step up to the plate now and send in armed forces to protect our borders then I thknk there will be outright civil war. People have had enough. Just this morning it is all ovef the papers Britain is being told by UN and Italy we need to take more. Do the powers that be not read the news. ISIS told them they were going to fill the meditarranean and invadd Rome. Why can governments not see this is whT is happening and yet they are actively encoraging it by giving them a lift here

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Not quite sure what you think David Cameron or the Army can do..

The borders are already as protected as they can be, without actively shooting anyone. The British border extends to into Calais so are you advocated British troops in France? And to do what?

You have a point about the whole migrants issue, but stamping your feet and blaming the PM when he is actively trying to resist these efforts to get us to take some of them is the wrong thing to be worried about.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

FOLLOW THE LIVEBLOG HERE
www.independent.co.uk...
lwww.independent.co.uk...
edit on 26-6-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
Ive really had enough now. If David Cameron doesnt step up to the plate now and send in armed forces to protect our borders then I thknk there will be outright civil war. People have had enough. Just this morning it is all ovef the papers Britain is being told by UN and Italy we need to take more. Do the powers that be not read the news. ISIS told them they were going to fill the meditarranean and invadd Rome. Why can governments not see this is whT is happening and yet they are actively encoraging it by giving them a lift here

I don't have information yet, but I am willing to bet it is just like the other terrorist attacks we have had here - not immigrants. Most likely young, french born citizens, recruted and indoctrinated through the internet.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

Different sources are listing different types of information.. the independent.co.uk press made some of these statements concerning the terrorist attack:

www.independent.co.uk... .html

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

One of the suspects, a man in his thirties with known extremist links,

Why are these people still walking the streets . Anywhere .

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

One of the suspects, a man in his thirties with known extremist links,

Islam is a political movement, and my opinion is that the Muslim faith has been far too offended since Sept 11..They are tired of the West..

I think it would be easy enough for the West and the Occident to contain these types of movements, the problem is political Islam has allies like Russia and China to support and protect them..Communist allies and political Islam together..Now there is the real threat..

See the movie Blade Runner.. Somewhere in the images of that movie, there was all of this symbolism of Islam and Chinese Communism..

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Because the french are so concerned with human rights, they usually have their hands tied, even when they know someone is a threat. Contrary to the opinion of some here on ATS that are quick to cry that France is repressive, they are actually way too passive.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

So your solution to the problem is to take away human rights? Do you know how wrong that is? When you start that process then it will just keep going until the people say enough is enough.
The problem is not the control over the people it's the treatment of the people. These attacks and calls for war are the product of the west's aggressive and greedy lifestyles. Taking from others for their own ends and leaving millions starving. When you are shocked at these terrorists acts of be headings etc it is nothing to what they and their people have lived through. Losing family members, children and partners in tragic senseless wars created by us. Yes us because it is us who allow the government's to run amok. We put them in charge and have the power to stop them. But we don't.

Sad day for those involved. Prayers for the loved ones.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

the problem is political Islam has allies like Russia and China to support and protect them

Both those countries have their own problems with Islam , they just deal with them differently .

Chechnya comes to mind .
edit on 26-6-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
The borders aren't protected sufficiently though are they because many are getting through on a daily basis. Only one lorry out of every six has to go through the heat detector. The army could at least help to do thorough searches at Dover etc.

In the news today David Cameron is already back tracking on how many we will accept so dont make me laugh about him resisting. He hasnt got any leader qualities and the EU know i!
tca reply to: stumason

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Sad to hear that news. France is under heavy attack..That was so beatyfull country

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
All the EU countries are too passive my oen country being the worst culprit. The whole of the EU is a shambles. They keep rescuing these people without any plan of action, idea what to do with them. They could make a start by identifying the people running from terror and the people here for e onomic reasons and then priority should be given to women, children and elderly and not young fit men.a reply to: Bluesma

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969
a reply to: Bluesma

So your solution to the problem is to take away human rights? Do you know how wrong that is? When you start that process then it will just keep going until the people say enough is enough.

You know what? I am not going to spend my time going into this again. When you, like me, has had your house bombed twice, your child beaten, and rocks thrown at you daily, and the police say, their sorry, they cannot do anything... they can't even go talk to the perpetrators, then you may see things differently. Me and my family aren't worthy of having our human rights protected? Just because we aren't scary and violent enough to scare the police?

These are people who grew up in free housing, with free healthcare, with free education, and financial support from the state......they were born here and have never been hungry or seen war. They didn't have their loved ones killed by anyone. They are bullying the state, because they can.

Between the excessive actions of the US, and the excessive passivity of France, there is room for balanced effort at protecting human rights. Ones freedom ends where anothers begins.

edit on 26-6-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens

David Cameron and his crony buddy Sarkozy were hellbent on removing Gadaffi,which makes your precious PM directly responsible for the mass imigration we are facing today. There were no imigrants coming in these numbers before we bombed Libya. Now the trafficing gangs are thriving in Libya. Well done

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join