It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon is still selling the Confederate flag, but not to Americans.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I searched other Amazon sites (different countries) and most of them are still carrying Rebel/Confederate flags and items. The US is being censored (By who? The US Government is what the Amazon chat help service reps are saying).

Check out the link to Amazon Germany.

I am steaming mad.
cut and paste if you have to.
Germany
amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_7/276-7690534-0275036?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=confederate+flag&sprefix=co+flag%2Caps %2C276

UK

amazon.co.uk/GENERAL-LEE-5ftx-3ft-FLAG/dp/B00I05QJZ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435220719&sr=8-1&keywords=general+lee+flag

RT
edit on 25-6-2015 by AmericanZombie because: add info

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
oh well
edit on 25-6-2015 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanZombie

I can see Confederate flag merchandise on the Canadian Amazon website too. We might have a business opportunity here to buy it and then resell it to Americans with a hefty mark up.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Guess they don't sell ISIS flags or Nazi Flags either...

WHAT A BUNCH OF NAZIS

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I was confused by your anger. I think I get it now. You are mad about the perceived censoring, not that they can be had elsewhere?

Funny if what they say is true, the main defense for this is that no one told them to, they did it on their own. That likely doesn't jive with it being a US only block, especially when it is a US specific item.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

ISIS flags and nazi flags aren't even in the same category as the confederate flag. You can't even compare.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

They don't have any history?

They don't mean one thing to one person and another to another person?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

ISIS-has a history of murder, mass killing, destruction. No culture. No certified beginnings or any special persons inlvolved in said history.

NAZI Regime-attempted to erase certain parts of history. Destroyed relics. Mass genocide. Culture surrounded in being the supreme race above all others. Some good named tacticians within the regime and infamous sub-leaders. All of Nazi history is rooted in killing consitently. I doubt that would be considered a memorable history besides the military technological marvels and medical marvels that came out of it. Caused WWII that involved over 7 allied nations and countless million deaths of soldiers on both sides as well as the countless millions of souls lost in death camps. Rich stuff right there-worthy of a gold medal /sarcasm

Confederacy- Rooted in southern farm culture. Slavery was used to acheive the goal of prosperity. Mass killings did take place. However many traditions and other notible inventions did come from the confederacy. Confederates fought to maintain the lifestyle and rejected the unions mission to unite as one country and dimantle the slave trade. Confederates never had a history of blatant killing just to kill. Confederacy helped to form the nation of the US as it is today.

Yeah they all had history. ISIS and NAZI regime is a whole another level of history. Which one would anyone choose to remember out of the three-Confederates

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Thats cool, I'd never want to stop you from buying a square piece of cloth with whatever logo you deem necessary.

However my observation was that I could buy neither of those there, maybe via Mexico though right?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

The point would be Confederacy is a US specific thing that matters simply of the historical fact. Striking it down does little to nothing of the real problem.

But what do I know. Government does all the thinking for me.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

One could say its importance and the others unimportance is based solely off ethnocentrism.

Personally I think you should be able to buy any flag you want, you should be able to buy all 3 and create a designer bag for all I care.

Censorship fixes nothing.

Changes no core beliefs in anyone.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I don't like the censorship WTF are we N. Korea now!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

It's the world liberals want. If they don't like something, it gets banned... or bullied, or harassed... until it goes away. All in the name of tolerance and acceptance.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Ah the core of US values - profit - rules the day.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanZombie
I searched other Amazon sites (different countries) and most of them are still carrying Rebel/Confederate flags and items. The US is being censored (By who? The US Government is what the Amazon chat help service reps are saying).

Check out the link to Amazon Germany.

I am steaming mad.
cut and paste if you have to.
Germany
amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_7/276-7690534-0275036?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=confederate+flag&sprefix=co+flag%2Caps %2C276

UK

amazon.co.uk/GENERAL-LEE-5ftx-3ft-FLAG/dp/B00I05QJZ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435220719&sr=8-1&keywords=general+lee+flag

RT

Hahahahaaaaa no more racist flags good on you Amazon good on you!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

edit on 6252015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

They still sell them, did you read all 4 lines of the thread? It's about Government Censorship and Amazon deceiving the public.

Also they sell Mein Kampf ("good on you Amazon")

edit on 25-6-2015 by AmericanZombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

They still sell them, did you read all 4 lines of the thread? It's about Government Censorship and Amazon deceiving the public.

LOL just not for racists in in America.

I think its a good move we are getting closer to a full on ban.

I think it should be outlawed as it is an offencive reminder of modern day racism.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

LOL just not for racists in in America.

I think its a good move we are getting closer to a full on ban.

I think it should be outlawed as it is an offencive reminder of modern day racism.

LOL, next you will be chanting THE ONLY SOLUTION IS A COMMUNIST REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!

You can pull the wool from a sheep's eyes, but if the sheep is blind it still will not see.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Also other outlets still sell the flag in the US, so in a way it's good for small business's. For once Liberal's may be helping the economy (inadvertently) lol

edit on 25-6-2015 by AmericanZombie because: 's

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join