It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watcher letters force family to sell house

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: stormson

So I heard this the other day. Some thoughts about this "Watcher";

The person could very well be a person that wanted the home, but was out bid by the buyers. Then out of malice starts writing creepy letters to devalue the house, and get it put back on the market.

The Person claiming to be "Watcher" could very well just be a neighborhood bully, and didn't like something about the people that moved in.

What I really doubt the "Watcher" is;

A line of families that watch the houses. This makes no sense since if it were true then they wouldn't have informed the people about the "Watcher" family.

The Freemasons, Masonic Lodge, or any other "known" group of people. If these groups wanted the house they could have just bought it.

Anyways that's just my thoughts on this topic. Its not creepy just stupid. I feel bad for the family involved, but they could also be the ones creating the situation to get out of the house too (you know "Buyers Remorse").

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Since we really don't have ALL of the facts/truths, I am making a suggestion based upon my own understanding -- aside from the non-disclosure issue we really don't know for certain if the buyers asked the sellers if there was anything they should know about the house that purposely wasn't disclosed and were outright lied to and/or if the sellers didn't know that 'the watcher' would continue terrorizing the home's occupants once the house changed ownership.

There are too many conflicting stories at this point that some want to believe are factual.

So, with that said, instead of entering into a lengthy, drawn out, financially and emotionally draining legal battle (that the lawyers will surely profit from) maybe they could just 'nullify the sale' and both parties go their separate ways, each eating their current costs; moving costs, attorney fees/closing costs and inspections. Anything is better than a lawsuit. Lawsuits are known to tear families apart, cause divorces, job losses, emotional distress leading to serious illnesses, and even break up friendships, aside from the emotional drain and financial loss.

I get that the seller will be stuck with a house that is worthless and won't likely sell, but entering into a legal battle (realistically) could drag on for years and will only drain the buyers' AND the sellers' bank accounts, while lining the pockets of greedy sociopathic attorneys -- guaranteed. Just nullify the sale.

I realize seller's don't have to disclose a murder, etc., in the home unless they are specifically asked, and that liars and lawyers alike will hate this idea, but 'nullifying' will send a strong message to seller's to disclose EVERYTHING, rather than risk having the sale of their home nullified at the 11th hour.
edit on 25-6-2015 by Jana12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure that I would start checking the walls and for weird crawlspaces and loose floorboards. I would be so intrigued by such letters I would Investigate it.

Think about it, you spend 1.3 million on a house and you have this coming in through physical letters. A physical object that ghosts, ghouls, etc couldn't produce theoretically. So you turn the letters into the the police and have two policemen patrol the house while you investigate it yourself.

Could this be the beginning to a letter tracking system? No different to IP addresses and Email. Letters that don't have return addresses on them get coded when they are picked up, so each letter knows which mailbox address it came from, and each "blue box" or public mailbox has a camera associated with it in order to see who puts letters in it. Find which mailbox the letters come from and use facial recognition and high zoom cameras to see what and to whom is being delivered. Seems like a terrorism Homeland Security propaganda story.

Do the the letters have stamps? Why would a ghost use stamps to send letters. If they use stamps then it is clearly a neighbor or past resident of the house.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Cowards for leaving. A letter? Really now. Me thinks this family watches too much Ghost Adventurers or something like that.

Heck, I'd try and flush them out and then let the police handle it.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
LOL, someone thsat wants the house scared them out of it....nice

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I saw this on Cracked yesterday and looked up the article in question. It really IS creepy.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: iDope

At one point the Watcher asks them "Have you found what's in the walls yet?" Sounds like a good place to start to me too.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Sounds like the plaintiffs borrowed from a plot in a preteen novel I read a few years back. I think it was called "The Listeners" and was about a murderer who watched a house for decades after he murdered his family in it and started stalking the new family. The Listeners were actually the ghosts of his murdered family trying to warn the new family. I read this years ago to kill some time at the beach so don't hold me to all the details or even the title name, but it is close enough.

Since there were threats to children involved, according to the article I had read elsewhere, I can understand the family not staying. But since they seem to be dealing with an actual person I would definitely be going over that property piece by piece, inch by inch looking for hidden cameras and audio devices, motion sensors and anything else that doesn't belong.

Anybody could have set up anything when the house was open for showings or even open houses. I had a friend whose house never went up on open house yet they lost jewelry and other valuables while the house was being shown by realtors. Which just goes to show you what people can get away with when a house is on the market.

Also a house of that size and price likely was kept up by a maid or other service and it could be a disgruntled ex-worker. It could actually be the butler who did it, lol. Though the house doesn't look so grand it required the services of a butler.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think it's probably a good idea to bring in a cadaver dog and start sniffing around to see if there is anything inside the house or around the property.

This "Watcher" is probably a very close neighbor. Maybe even next door...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: blackmetalmist

Reading some of the descriptions of the letters he/she sent, I'd say you are likely right. The Watcher seems to know an AWFUL lot about that house and the goings on in it. I'd direct the police to start with the immediate neighbors.

To be honest, this whole thing sounds like the premise and start of a horror movie. Except in the horror movie, the couple would be insanely stupid and ignore the creepy warnings mailed to them and move in anyways.
edit on 26-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I read he said some thing about bodies in the walls?
and a creepy cellar.

Bet its just so he can buy the house cheep.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

No all he asks is if the people have found anything in the walls yet. He doesn't allude as to WHAT that is though.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I think they really should start questioning the immediate neighbors. Most of the stuff that happens, happens right under your nose! We've all read those stories about people being held captive for years and the next door neighbors didn't have a clue what was going on. I say bring in the cadaver dogs and set up a surveillance team.

And have the family move in... I know it's dumb... but that is the only way they are gonna capture whoever it is. The Watcher will eventually slip and give away his location. It's forensic psychology 101, the perpetrator is happy he is getting the attention, he will only get bolder but at the same time dumber.

Has there been any statements from the previous owners?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Well if the people have the backing of the police and decided to be bait, then it isn't as dumb as what I was referring to. In a horror movie, the family always ignores the cryptic warnings and signs of trouble, alerts no authorities and just rushes head long into danger with both eyes closed. I'm sure you've seen your fair share of horror movies to know what I mean.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Oh yeah lol. It would be kinda funny but at the same time I am glad that they are least playing it safe and not moving in.

Would be kinda interesting though if they did decide after all to move in
just to kinda see what happens.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I just want to know what the reasons for this are. Is it a mad potential buyer who wants to buy the house on the cheap? Is it REALLY a creepy family that lives across the street and watches the house? It's just so engaging to think about, so much so that I can almost guarantee that SOMEONE is going to sell the movie rights to this story to Hollywood.
edit on 26-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Me too. I totally wish I was an investigator in this case. Hopefully they keep us updated on this case and we find out more info.

It's gathered the media's attention so they will probably keep their eye on this. If they do make it into a movie, hopefully it's a good one and not a cheesy Lifetime movie lol

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

There are only TWO ways to take this as a horror movie. Super realistic and super creepy or over the top cheesiness. Nothing in between.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I completely agree !

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

There are only TWO ways to take this as a horror movie. Super realistic and super creepy or over the top cheesiness. Nothing in between.

My vote is a Rob Zombie version!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join