It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watcher letters force family to sell house

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Not sure if its paranormal, but its creepy. If this is the wrong forum, please move to the correct one.

Posted from my phone, so no links. Google watcher letters nj and you can find many stories.

Basically a family, after buying a house, got a letter from "the watcher" . it stated how "the watcher" owned the house and told the prior owners to bring "young blood" and waits for the houses "second coming".

Two follow up letters were even creepier, and were dated a month apart. One said " now I know your names" and " I will call the young blood and they will come". The new family has 3 kids.

I wish I could paste some of the excerpts, they are creepy.

If someone could paste some, or make a new post about this it would be great. I think a lot of people will get weirded out by this.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: stormson

WESTFIELD, N.J. – It was a million-dollar dream home for one New Jersey family, located in picturesque Westfield, New Jersey — until the letters started showing up.

The threatening notes were signed by someone calling himself “The Watcher,” and the messages were so disturbing they forced the family out of the $1.3 million, 6-bedroom home, leaving the rest of the town on edge.

The troubling messages are detailed in a lawsuit against the former owners, the real estate company, and others. The plaintiffs, Derek and Maria Broaddus, claim the previous owners were so desperate to sell the house they covered up the haunting “claim of a right of possession and/or ownership of the home and his nefarious intentions.”

pix11

Here ya go op, this is a freaky story for sure.

Here is another News report on this:

edit on 25-6-2015 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Thanks! I really appreciate the assist.

I don't know what I would do if this happened to me or my family. Get a bigger dog and gun maybe?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I don't blame them one bit. Those letters are probably way worse than what little has been released which is creepy enough. I'm glad they moved and wish them the best of luck.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Any similar murders/stories from the area in the past ten to fifteen years?

Neat story, but it could just be a bright but trouble teenager.

Of course if the House has been the interest of the "Watchers" family for decades then it could be linked to the Freemasons. They have a Grand Lodge in NJ and it would fit with the second coming theme.
edit on 25-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I saw the story earlier today and it scared the bejesus outta me!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
In my personal humble PC opinion, "The Watcher" is nothing but a "nut-job" (not necessarily a "troubled teen" tho').
I wouldn't have moved...... There are ways to "keep an eye" on who is coming and going to ones home.....

------------
Stormson and LDragonFire you both get a star for a good story.
edit on 6252015 by BobbyRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
That house looks like the Amityville house. Book deal in the making? Movie rights?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Someone probably wants to bring down the value of the houses in that area, could be anyone wanting to purchase a house there. The more sound reason for the letters probably has something to do with money somewhere down the line...

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: WeSbO

the watcher aspparently said in a note that his father watched the house and his grandfather watched the house before him.....ssooooooooooooooooo creepy

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Very creepy, almost ties into an urban legend sorta thing. It's probably more common than thought of with these situations.
edit on 25-6-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

So it's got to be true then ? I think the person was aiming to be creepy...

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I don't know if it's my love of mail, or my love of rationality, but I don't believe this would scare me. No one has died at the house before at the hands of "The a Watcher". So far, the couple can't prove the previous owners were ever on the receiving end of any letters before they had bought the house and were close to closing.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this is a scam by the Broaddus's in an attempt to recoup from buying an expensive house that maybe they couldn't afford. I know in Canada there are laws that protect buyers from moving into houses where murders, gang activity, drug activity, and sometimes even hauntings have occured, but not been disclosed before purchase.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
So if the grandfather and father of the "watcher" both "watched" the house that would be a pretty good lead. To find the current "watcher".
LoL.
Seriously?!

Also I don't know about NJ but it's generally not something which must be disclosed... "Creepiness".

It's interesting they are suing the former owner and real estate brokers.
a reply to: research100

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
" "All of the windows and doors ... allow me to watch you and track you as you move through the house," The Watcher allegedly wrote.
After remarking that the plaintiffs had made the home "so fancy," The Watcher said "it cries for the past and what used to be in the time when I roamed its halls," the complaint states."

Courthousenews

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
"The complaint names the sellers as defendants, as well as Chicago Title Insurance Company and A Absolute Escrow Settlement Company. Neither returned a request for comment.
The plaintiffs seek damages for fraud and breach of contract, claiming that they "are entitled to a refund of the entire purchase price [of the home] with interest, while also being entitled to retain fee title to the home."

I'm going to look up the attorney, maybe there is something in the history of his career which will shed more light on this.

Edit: nothing apparent in a search for the attorney which would lead one to see a pattern of frivolous lawsuits.

About NJ Disclosure rules, found this on one site, NOLO NJ Disclosure

What to Disclose If the House Is Haunted or Otherwise Stigmatized There are some "intangible" problems with a property that buyers cannot discover through an inspection. A property may, for example, be "stigmatized" if it is affected by psychological or other factors that have nothing to do with its physical condition but affect whether it would be desirable to live in. Examples of such stigma include a house that is allegedly haunted or where a violent death took place. In New Jersey, you do not have to disclose these things BUT, if the buyer asks you about them, you must answer honestly.

"
edit on 25-6-2015 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I don't know if it's my love of mail, or my love of rationality, but I don't believe this would scare me. No one has died at the house before at the hands of "The a Watcher". So far, the couple can't prove the previous owners were ever on the receiving end of any letters before they had bought the house and were close to closing.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this is a scam by the Broaddus's in an attempt to recoup from buying an expensive house that maybe they couldn't afford. I know in Canada there are laws that protect buyers from moving into houses where murders, gang activity, drug activity, and sometimes even hauntings have occured, but not been disclosed before purchase.

I'm rather inclined to agree with you. I would be unsettled though. With modern technology it would be possible for a "Watcher" to really watch what goes on inside the home and possibly record it. This person seems unhinged enough for that to be a possibility. I don't know if I would be particularly frightened for anyone's safety but I would recognize that as a potential scenario. I would be more creeped out by the stalkerish-ness of the whole business. I like my privacy. I can see why the new owners are peeved regardless.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Fee title means they expect to be rewarded the price of the home plus interest AND retain the title.
Seems pretty unreasonable!
If it were me I may offer some sort of reward for info on this "watcher".

Edit: upon reading court documents published on Gawker
Documents I am revising my snap judgment, which didn't give much credit to the couple's claims.

The fee title plus cost of purchase plus interest is just one of the possible outcomes sought, as listed in the document.

Also, the question of "material disclosure", maybe the "creepiness" and "haunted" tags in the media are not accurate because this is about a possible crime, the "watcher" is a person. I don't think that counts as paranormal activity but something tangible and subject to disclosure. Just an idea, not saying with certainty.

This is an interesting thread, thanks for the heads up, OP!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Found this interesting local blog.

Read the comments, it appears this is stirring up a small controversy in the town. The blogger claims the current sellers are not disclosing that which they are suing for having not been disclosed when they were the prospective buyers.
Others are accusing the blogger of inferring that from the listing, and not from actual documents of disclosure.Here

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I believe it will come out that the Watcher has a relation to the last name of Bakes.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join