It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston bomber speaks out for first time: 'I am sorry for the lives I have taken'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Well that ruins all the silly conspiracies that he wasn't guilty, at least he cleared the air on that before going to the gallows.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Ok, that's fine any thoughts about my first post, or did I just stumble into a backslapping thread?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

Who's backslapping? I posted it because he finally opened his mouth in court. I thought it was noteworthy.

His attorney doesn't fight guilt or innocence cases. She never has. Her mission in life is to secure LWOP sentences for people facing the death penalty, or getting death penalty cases commuted to LWOP.

Would it really matter if there was video of him saying he did it? I don't think so. It's not going to stop the theorists from theorizing. So no, I don't sweat it much.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The issue I have with this is he went thru with the killings. Repenting after being caught is disingenuous. Would he have apologized had he not been caught?

Judging by the behavior of his mom it seems crazy doesn't fall to far from the tree.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

CNN just gave a lot of the statement in which he says

"In case there are any doubters left, I did do this with my brother."
Hope that clears things up for ya. You don't have to go around defending a mass murderer any longer.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

i wondered how long it would take the first sympathizer to chime in when no one pulled their chain.

a court room of oh lets say 100 or more witness to his statement is not going to convince you.
plus according to abc new report back in 2013 he offered to plea guilty for a life sentence, the government said no.
listen statrting at the 59 sec mark.
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Apologizes for Boston Marathon Bombing

go peddle your love for terrorists somewhere else.

edit on 24-6-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Well OBVIOUSLY the only reason he said that was because they made him so people would stop asking questions.

Duhhhhh.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Agreed.

That thing that struck me, however, was that he said something to the effect that he hopes Allah has mercy over those he killed.

"I prayed for Allah to bestow his mercy upon the deceased
Link

While he did ask for mercy for himself, he also asked it for those he killed.
edit on 24-6-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Exactly.

That seems to be the case with most killers. They don't seem to be sorry until they are either caught or found guilty and sentenced to prison or death. Then all of a sudden it's "I'm so sorry for what I've done."

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Well OBVIOUSLY the only reason he said that was because they made him so people would stop asking questions.

OH right! I forgot. He's an innocent little puppet, at the mercy of his vicious captors.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Who's backslapping? I posted it because he finally opened his mouth in court. I thought it was noteworthy.

I meant that I am the only poster in this thread who has gone against the grain, and it didn't seem very welcome by you.

His attorney doesn't fight guilt or innocence cases. She never has. Her mission in life is to secure LWOP sentences for people facing the death penalty, or getting death penalty cases commuted to LWOP.

If you can show me one other case where a defendant pleads not guilty and their lawyer proceeds to admit their clients guilt in the opening statement then I will eat crow. She should be disbarred and you know it.

Would it really matter if there was video of him saying he did it? I don't think so. It's not going to stop the theorists from theorizing. So no, I don't sweat it much.

Common sense says it matters, what is this Hillary benghazi logic? We haven't heard one peep out of this kid, let alone a confession, kinda strange considering how many times he has supposedly confessed.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance
Does this mean the theories that it wasn't him/his brother, or wasn't the same backpack can finally be laid to rest?

Definitely not.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

We haven't heard one peep out of this kid, let alone a confession, kinda strange considering how many times he has supposedly confessed.

He confessed in front of all the one-legged victims and parents of the deceased child, as well as everyone in the courtroom. If you can't accept that, then your mind is too closed and biased for any intelligent discussion on the matter.

Start a fan club.

eta: As far as your not hearing anything personally, it was determined this case would not be televised, and to continue to give criminals 'air-time' can elevate them to celebrity status, and FINALLY we have finally began to correct that faux paux. He deserves nothing more or less than the cage he is inhabiting.

edit on 6/24/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Now we are getting somewhere, at least this part of the saga has been corroborated, I give credit to you for the link.

go peddle your love for terrorists somewhere else

Pffft please, I have a love for the truth no matter how that makes me look. If the truth shows that he was guilty fine, if the truth shows that he was an fbi patsy who was told to drop the pack where he did then I want to know more about that.

One question for you hounddog, if 90% of the foiled terrorist plots since 9/11 have been fbi stings, how are you so sure they weren't involved here? Remember that the fbi pretended to not know who they were and asked for the publics help in identifying them, and then it turns out they had known about them for years. Nobody seems to care about those inconvenient facts.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

So the way the legal system works is pretty cool. The state can have all the evidence in the world against you. You can walk into a police station, look directly at the camera, and then shoot your mom in the head. And still plead not guilty. Why? Because the state still has to prove it. Why, again? Because if you plead guilty, there goes any chance you had for a plea deal or a sentencing deal. So, it really doesn't matter how guilty you are. You can plead not guilty. And then your attorney can do whatever they need to do in court to try and prove mitigating circumstances for your action, or talk about how your big bad brother/overlord made you do what you did so yes, you did it but you shouldn't be put to death for it.

The attorney can't act against the client's wishes. So if he had a problem with her game plan, all he had to do was say the word and either she changes it or a new lawyer takes his case. His attorney has never, ever contested guilt or innocence. The ONLY thing she does is contest the death penalty. And her clients are aware of that. So no, I don't "know" that she should be disbarred because she did exactly what she's done in every other death penalty case she's taken and still hasn't been disbarred.

And no, it isn't Hillary logic. What is courtroom video of him saying he's sorry for killing people going to prove to anybody? People that want this to be a conspiracy aren't going to change their mind. Would you suddenly change your mind if there was video from the courtroom of him saying "I'm sorry for all the people I killed and hurt I've caused?" It doesn't sound like it.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

eta: As far as your not hearing anything personally, it was determined this case would not be televised, and to continue to give criminals 'air-time' can elevate them to celebrity status, and FINALLY we have finally began to correct that faux paux.

Again I thought we live in a country where you are innocent until PROVEN guilty, are you saying that the trial was fixed and they knew the outcome ahead of time? That's what it sounds like when you claim that they didn't want to give a criminal airtime, how is he a criminal at that point?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

why didn't he take the stand and give all the juicy details since he plead not guilty. I mean he could have weaved a story about his brother was the mastermind of the whole thing Yada yadda. If that was the lawyers strategy, she did a piss poor job of executing it.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Maybe his lawyer didn't think he was believable and sympathetic? Jodi Arias took the stand in her murder trial and jurors questioned her credibility and sincerity by the end of it.

Whether you think she did a "pisspoor" job of it or not is pretty immaterial. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. She's had it work, she's had it not work.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19488875]jaws1975[/post

Uh, I don't know why I bother but there is, in fact, (clear to everybody else but you and perhaps his mother) a video of him putting down the explosive backpack. I'm sure you don't believe that, and I'm not up debate on the backpack.

He also admitted his guilt in the boat, or do you deny that too? He wrote out his confession in his blood in the boat, stating he'd done it, followed by some Jihad Bullsh!t, so they knew going in it, there was "circus" potential. Lots of it. The entire country was highly emotional, and to tell you the truth, the kid was in danger from the public. Hope that sheds some light for you.

Your comment about being all about the truth? Seriously, if you want that to be your cause, the first thing you need to do is take off your blinders, because they are getting in the way of the truth.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

there it is the old FBI sting argument. innocent people, or should i say people that don't want to hurt or harm people don't plan and execute a bombing, regardless of who is egging them on.

plus you don't know for certain that they knew it was the brothers, they weren't able to make a positive ID's until after a DMV records check of their fathers honda that they abandoned.

just because you have pictures of someone doesn't mean that everyone is going to recognize them, plus if a agent did doesn't mean that he knew the name right off the top of his or her head. it take time to go thru records and with out knowing a name it would take longer.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join