It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Lee From “Dukes of Hazzard” Losing Its Confederate Flag

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think this should serve as a very important lesson to all:

If you have an agenda...scream, yell, go completely bonkers and make as much noise as you can for as long as you can -- soon it will suck other people into it and take on its own life.

If a handful of people can cause an entire nation's focus to shift -- imagine what tiny little stupid things I could accomplish if I made enough racket?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I said I did not remember, not that there were none. Interesting enough that there was not a singular regular black that was part of the actual story line, though?

So? There weren't any black people on Giligan's Island or Three's Company, either. Doesn't mean the shows were racist..

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: introvert

Well, lots of people sure are whining about this flag being removed from a TOY!

I don't know why. It's just a symbol on a damned toy.

I wish we took more time to look at what's in the heart and minds of individuals, who create death and destruction, than the symbols they decide to attach themselves to.
edit on 24-6-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

If you have an agenda...scream, yell, go completely bonkers and make as much noise as you can for as long as you can -- soon it will suck other people into it and take on its own life.

If a handful of people can cause an entire nation's focus to shift -- imagine what tiny little stupid things I could accomplish if I made enough racket?

This is exactly how the gay 'marriage' debacle got before the Supreme Court.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

I just had a thought. I wonder if they'll change the name of the car, too.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

Hmm, reminds me of a woman named Rosa Parks...

The gay marriage debate is entirely different, though, it's about equality, and neither of those are stupid little things.

The whole flag thing kinda is, though, especially removing it from the stupid car.
edit on 24-6-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

No, I see gay marriage as being treated equally by the government under the law as written.

If I made a big deal about not getting McDonalds breakfast for lunch and raised hell and got national media exposure, that would be more in-line with what I'm talking about.

#mcmuffinforlunch
#McDbreakfast4lunch
edit on 24-6-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

Are we so weak as a country that symbols and flags shake our very foundation of liberty. This flag just like the Gay pride and Black panther flag and should not be banned. Just because your ideology does not support it does not mean it is not covered under free speech.

If ideology is put before liberty we will fail as a society in short order. Tyranny will rise to use this fear,apathy,ignorance against the common man. How do you think men like Hitler gained power.......He went after Communists at first and banned all the symbols of that................
edit on 24-6-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Yes. Its an autotrader magazine commercial. I worked on the commercial along with a friend of mine who was the stuntdriver who jumped the general. We had a blast. Shot it down here in Louisiana.
I also worked on the remake. We shot a chase sequence down in New Orleans as downtown Atlanta.
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Houston, we have a problem!

What do we do with the city of Robert Lee here in Texas? Their high school is Robert E. Lee High School.

Maybe it's just me, but when does it stop? If there are really 2/3 of American's behind removing this flag from all government buildings and land, (which I highly doubt) where are the protests and unrest?

Couple of friends over last night drinking beer and hanging out on the patio. This came up, and 1st thing out of one's mouth was," it was not very long ago that this flag was put up over the state house in S. Carolina, and still reflects the attitudes of racists in the south".

When I mentioned it was a democrat controlled legislature and senate who voted to put it up, "well that was so far in the past it doesn't matter now", was his response. One black guy fell out of his chair laughing.

This whole thing has gotten crazy. What a waste of resources, which could be better used to address the real problems.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I saw this in the comments on USA today's website and had to post it.
Jaddy Baddy
Let me see if I understands ya'll.
Ya'll got to ban the Southern flag
because that particular arrangement
of shapes and colors found on the
Rebel flag drives good ol' boys into
a mania of black hatin' murder?

Given that line of reasonin', I guess
it's a good thang Indians got shoved
out on the reservation where your
average flag wavin' black and Yank
don't have to see them, hear them,
deal with them and murder them.

Yankees think nobody ain't nothin' but
one of Pavlov's dogs, completely
discombobulated by Stars and Bars and
Stripes.

Good thing we all got the NAACP to
keep us on the straight and narrow,
like OJ, Henry Watson, John Allen
Muhammad, Lee Boyd Malvo, Jeffrey
Dahmer, Charles Manson, David Berkowitz,
Albert DeSalvo, Custer, Reno, William
Calley, Robert Bales and the Tsarnaevs.

Come to think on it, when you tally
up all the victims, maybe ya'll bannin'
the Wrong Flag.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I said I did not remember, not that there were none. Interesting enough that there was not a singular regular black that was part of the actual story line, though?

So? There weren't any black people on Giligan's Island or Three's Company, either. Doesn't mean the shows were racist..

And don't forget The Beverly Hillbillies. Granny loved General Lee. We should definitely ban Granny!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Might as well get started taking it out of the history books as well. No sense having it lurking around where some impressionable child might find it and learn something.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

Now that's funny about the conversation with the friends

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Notice in the AutoTrader commercial they do not ever show the top of the Duke's car. You do NOT see the Confederate flag. They are purposely suppressing it prior to the shooting.

At the end of the commercial the Dukes (the DUKE boys for cryin' out loud!) are seen driving away in a new car and you actually are shown the top of that car which has no Confederate flag. They've traded. You see now that they have traded away their heritage while being dazzled by the smart phone, the internet and the tablet.

This stuff is orchestrated. There is a group of people working behind the scenes to script this drama for the public. The reason nobody talks about it is very few know about it. Only the ones at the top who delegate the work are in the know.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If the Confederate flag caused the shootings in South Carolina, what flag caused the 1120 shooting in Chicago this year?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Wrong thread - moved
edit on 6/24/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: awareness10

The first amendment isn't under attack. No one is legislating that you can't be racist or display the flag. These people are removing the flag voluntarily.

Well it looks an awful lot like pussification 101 to me by a small group with big mouths.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: awareness10

The first amendment isn't under attack. No one is legislating that you can't be racist or display the flag. These people are removing the flag voluntarily.

Well it looks an awful lot like pussification 101 to me by a small group with big mouths.

Whatever it looks like to you is irrelevant, because what I said is exactly what is happening. You can disagree with it all you want, but it is their decision to make. You wouldn't want the government to tell them they can't remove it do you?
edit on 24-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Why not, why wouldn't anyone have the same right to do so? Oh because they'd be labeled for it so it really boils down to one group having all the say and pussifying America, and the other group which is much larger 'but don't happen to be movie stars and work with mass media' have to close their minds and their mouths and just take it. Okie dokie..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join