It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death of Dixie.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesman462002

RACIST!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I'm sorry you didn't get the reference.

Darynn Roof felt persecuted and was angry. It pushed him over the top and left 9 good people dead and many families wounded.

These actions are going to make a lot of people (including me) feel persecuted and angry. Some of them will be pushed over the top and will commit atrocities. That is more than a symbol; it is a beloved symbol of pride in ourselves; desecrate it and you symbolicly desecrate us.

I realize people want to ban our flag we fly so proudly; I realize people want to desecrate our cemetaries; I know people want to tear down our monuments.I understand no one cares how we (Southerners) feel. I get it. We get it. We know that people hate us because of where we were born. We know people wish we would go away. We know people want us to burn in the fires of hell for eternity, so strongly that it might be the only thing keeping some people from abandoning religion altogether.

We get it, really. Those who meet the any of the above description, which is apparently the vast majority of non-Southerners are

RACIST.

No need to keep proving it; we really do get it.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I'm sorry if the following offends anyone but...

Are you Americans f***ing retarded?

I can tell you what's happening here, Washington is getting worried that states will secede, Texas is already in the process of having their gold returned from the rats in Wall Street. Petitions are being signed all over the USA for secession or newly created states to be formed dividing up pre-existing ones. At the same time, they need to get guns, or at least ammunition, out of private ownership. Think the 1920 firearms act in the UK, that was a result of the establishment fear that Britain was about to go the same way as Russia and break out in to a civil uprising. With America in economic free fall, it needs to prepare for civil uprising, but the biggest threat in such a scenario are those that can bind together as a unified response, even if this response is directly and aggressively aimed at Washington.

What this is about is damning and demoralising any form of dissidence and the biggest dissident voice is that of national identity, as it directly opposes what the globalist rat cartel want, conquering through division. If it rips the states apart all the better, but the ultimate game is bring them in line with the globalist ideology. Destroying identity is part of that process.

Working where I work, I often laugh when it comes to false flag attacks and all but a few here and there have I ever been convinced could have POSSIBLY been false flag....Well this is the prince of false flags! 100% I'm telling you now, there is far more behind this shooting than most are understanding. It's worked tremendously politically, but don't allow the rat controlled president in the White House to give already prepared speeches to convince you that "yep we need to eradicate evil flag...then evil southerner whitey...then evil northern whitey...all whitey is evil..." etc etc. It's merely a case in furthering the globalist agenda of modern day enslavement, but the lead up to this is to destroy the biggest threats.
edit on 26-6-2015 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: supremecommander

How many Indians died under the goddamned United States flag that the media protects like it was made of freaking solid gold? Governments screw people over, often killing them or enslaving them while flying their little flags all over the world. Either get over it or scream for all flags to be burned and banished. You cannot have it both ways.

We're talking about slavery that ended 150 years ago and yet here we sit 2 weeks before our annual praise and worship fest of a flag that has come to represent wage slavery, tax slavery, and imperialism...

Perspective, it's what is sorely needed.

The flag in question should be the starting point, and you are correct the flag of murica should also be next. I'm not saying we ban them. But we need to overcome the shackles that those flags represent. Banning the confederate battle flag will do nothing to stop racism. But speaking about the power it represents and helping the blind to see the damage it represents to this day is a good start. We will never be able to break free of the bondage of our imperial overlords unless we first unite as people. And this is an easier target than stars and stripes. We can show the machinations of what this flag represents and then with some seeds planted, some subtle hints, people may make the connection to the fact that we are in bondage, and its not just them poor black folk no moe.

We need to be like the elites, "never let a good crisis go to waste". Use this as a teaching tool. People can't get it until we make the comparisons. Whats the difference between the nazi flag and the confederate flag? Whats the difference between their agendas? Maybe the specifics are different, but people need to know the hurt is very real. Its always different when its your people/countrymen/leaders doing the hurting. We want to minimize the damage when its our folk. "Oh its a heritage thing", yep so is the freaking swastika. Adolf was such a nice boys name too but you don't see many Adolfs anymore do you?
Once people can see the dixie flag is a representation of subjugation, just like the nazi flag they might start to see glitches in the matrix. Then, maybe then, people will start to see that the same tools that were used in the south to subjugate the blacks for hundreds of years are being used on us now. And that our flag represents the very same principles.

We cannot be divided, and the tools and symbols of the Wise Masters must be exposed. Banning the flags will do nothing. Staying the same and just going along as if the flag isn't a tool of division will do nothing. Protesting will do nothing.

The only way out for us is to have understanding. To break down the barriers that divide us. To find our common humanity, and this is a good place to start for us, but we must go all the way. The confederate flag is a symbol of division literally and figuratively in our country. The racial divide is very real to many folks, many I know personally. If we can overcome this division, then we can overcome the bigger division of the people and the Wise Masters.

ps I am not advocating any sort of violence whatsoever. Only through understanding, love, compassion will we go forward.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7
LOL My Point was that Flags are just a piece of cloth.
The Flag that a person Flies Does not mean the same to others that it means to the Flier of
that Particular Flag.
To me Flying a Flag is the persons Freedom of Speech and the Dixie Flag does not mean to most
that they are Racist.
That Flag to me is a Symbol of ones pride and heritage of the Location they live in.
Flying that Flag in my Yard Means to me that I'm Proud of my location and lifestyle.
When I see that Flag I see many things and Slavery ain't one of them.

also I don't think anyone should be able to tell me what to think or feel.
Just My Opinion

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretFace
Exactly the first Strategy in A BATTLE is to Divide and Conquer.
If we all could see this we Could change our Corrupt GOVERNMENT.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The Southern culture associated with slavery has been mostly trivial in modern times…

they may try to say it was all economics, and no is denying these aspects, BUT without the Southern addiction to slavery and the SPREAD of slavery, there would never have been a Civil War.

It was Christian abolitionists in the North who fought and risked life and limb to spread the idea that SLAVERY was morally WRONG…

and it was Southern attempts to spread SLAVERY to even Cuba and Mexico, to rescind the Missouri Compromise. to beat a sitting abolitionist Senator Sumner with a cane (first time this had ever happened) by a pro-slave House member…

SPEAKS VOLUMES: these are people who believed it was ok for one man to enslave another, and who lied to themselves that it was Biblically ok to keep slaves longer than 7 years (as mandated by Bible)…

God ALWAYS punishes slavery, even in the Old Testament, when the jews refused to free their slaves they ended up enslaved...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
“Ladies and gentlemen,” Dayan said with dramatic effect, “this is an Egyptian papyrus that is describing the same plagues that we have in our haggadah.” She explained her view that the 10 plagues were not random punishments inflicted by the Jewish God upon Egypt, but a “declaration of war” on the entire Egyptian system. Each plague, she said, corresponds to a different Egyptian god and the element of creation over which they held dominion. This means the plagues were not merely grave misfortunes but the most humiliating insults to the Egyptian people."
--Egyptologist Galit Dayan

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
practical reasons why trades and skills do not flourish in slave economies…

"If slaveholders are permitted to take their slaves into Nebraska and Kansas, the inequality and injury are to the free white men of the North and the South who go there without slaves…

The effect of slave labor is always to cheapen, degrade, and exclude free labor… The introduction of slavery will retard the prosperity of the State. Slave labor converts the richest soil into barrenness; free labor causes fertility and vegetation to spring from the very rock."

--Richard Yates, House of Representatives, Illinois, Sounding Forth the trumpet p. 376

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
one more time:

"The effect of slave labor is always to cheapen, degrade, and exclude free labor… "

you want to talk about why a Civil War and economics? look no further than men who were tradesmen, artisans and laborers… they would NOT want the spread of slavery as the Souther aristocracy was pushing for…

drawn out to a logical conclusion, is it not likely the South would have the entire world go back to something worse than feudalism and serfs??

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Indigo5

I'm sorry you didn't get the reference.

Darynn Roof felt persecuted and was angry. It pushed him over the top and left 9 good people dead and many families wounded.

I realize people want to ban our flag we fly so proudly; I realize people want to desecrate our cemetaries; I know people want to tear down our monuments.I understand no one cares how we (Southerners) feel. I get it. We get it. We know that people hate us because of where we were born. We know people wish we would go away. We know people want us to burn in the fires of hell for eternity, so strongly that it might be the only thing keeping some people from abandoning religion altogether.

We get it, really. Those who meet the any of the above description, which is apparently the vast majority of non-Southerners are

RACIST.

No need to keep proving it; we really do get it.

TheRedneck

HOLY SH*& Red!!

You went from taking the flag down from the state house to people wanting to desecrate graves and see southerners burn in hell?

You got some issues...serious issues..

And Darryn Roof killed SOUTHERNERS...not Northerners...so your poor oppressed southerner acting out theory only holds when you start thinking "African American" Southerners don't count...which is crystal clear from your rant...since their feelings of oppression whilst living in the south under that flag is a sentiment that offends.

Take the effen flag down...and General Lee himself would agree with me. He refused to have the flag fly at his own funeral and famously said.."... “I think it wiser moreover not to keep open the sores of war”

Jesus...AGAIN..those innocent folks that were murdered in the church were SOUTHERNERS...your own...albeit another color...Not some retaliation to some northern imagined aggression.

AND BTW...How do SOUTHERNERS...or more precisely South Carolinians feel?

According to the poll (.pdf HERE) – conducted by the Missouri-based Remington Research Group – 55 percent of South Carolinians supported removing the flag from the grounds of the S.C. State House in the aftermath of the tragedy. Thirty-seven percent oppose taking the flag down – while eight percent are unsure.

Only 47 percent of whites support removing the flag, though, while 72 percent of blacks support removing it. Meanwhile 80 percent of blacks believe the Confederate flag is a symbol of racism – compared to only 27 percent of whites.

Read more at www.fitsnews.com...

So save your rants about northern aggression for the next meeting or backyard gathering, but know it is SOUTHERNERS that are deciding their own future...and yes, there are a ton of people of color who are born and bred southerners and can count their heritage just as far back as any good-ole-boy.
edit on 26-6-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Could the new slavery of big business be addressed next. For me, a better economy and reward for all workers beats worrying about some flag. Seems forgetting about slavery of the past is more important then the new form that is happening.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The flag shouldn't be banned on public property because it's racist. It should be banned because it's a symbol of treason!! What the south did in the civil war was treason. The us constitution provides an avenue to add and subtract land. They ignored it and turned there arms on there fellow Americans. There is nothing to glorify there.

So all you people who claim you love America and are patriots, yet you sport a flag of treason....

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Aa
a reply to: Entreri06

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

Nope it was a symbol of treason, now it's a part of history... Banning history never works the way people think it will.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

The flag shouldn't be banned on public property because it's racist. It should be banned because it's a symbol of treason!! What the south did in the civil war was treason. The us constitution provides an avenue to add and subtract land. They ignored it and turned there arms on there fellow Americans. There is nothing to glorify there.

So all you people who claim you love America and are patriots, yet you sport a flag of treason....

The revolution was a war of treason. 1812 was another war to bring the treasonous under foot again. But don't worry they will get around to that eventually.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Every time some Islamic nut kills people we are told not to blame the whole of Islam for the actions of a few.

Every time there is a crime committed by blacks on whites the same is said about that.

One kid goes mental and murders people in church and the whole Southern culture is to blame.

Hmm.

Now, I m old enough to know that everyone is different and you can't just lump people together based on some arbitrary notion of group membership, but it seems that lots of people with a voice in the corridors of power think differently.
They obviously aren't actually stupid, so is it just pure prejudice or something more sinister?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Note to our English readers:

Imagine an American Newspaper headline reading Bag the Hag, It's time to get rid of the Queen
edit on 27-6-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
It's very easy to sit here in 2015 and judge the morality of those who lived 150 years ago. A bit too easy. Slavery if you recall was a little gift left by the English, a trade they made a fortune off of.

When the US declared independence it was an experiment in creating a new Nation born on the ideal of freedom - an ideal obviously flawed by the failure to include all men as equals. The Constitution had a defect from the start that allowed for the continuation of slavery. The failure to address this at the very beginning was the real reason behind the Civil War.

Those who hold power never give it up without a fight. So it was with the slave-holding aristocracy. Slavery was a great moral wrong and they paid for it dearly as did every other Southerner who did not own slaves nor profited by the institution. To display the flag isn't a calling for a restoration of slavery but a remembrance of where and who we came from and the very high price they paid and the sacrifices they made.

This argument has gone way beyond just the flag and is now becoming an effort to remove any trace of the Confederacy from public view. This is not to spare anyone's feelings but to erase our connection with our past as well as the idea that there is any power in the US capable of resisting the almighty Federal government.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Progressives banning history? NO WAY?! We never saw that coming.............oh wait......

There you go with that progressive garbage again. Never saw that coming.....oh wait. Ask yourself this question: Have you heard any of the Republican candidates say that the flag should stay up?

No. You haven't. Do you know why? That's because the PC garbage goes well beyond Left or Right.

The agenda has always been to change history, re-write, or forget......

You keep talking about this super-secret hidden agenda. Can you prove this agenda exists? Well, except outside of the loony bat# crazy minds of those that fall for neocon propaganda?

Theyve started in schools, now sometimes you cant even fly the US flag on your own property without having issues.....

That is a lie. You are able to fly a flag anywhere on your own property. Only exceptions are certain apartments and housing developments in which it is part of a contract with the people the own the land. You know, private property rights.

Such hypocritical BS

Indeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join