It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death of Dixie.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Indigo5

I'm sorry you didn't get the reference.

Darynn Roof felt persecuted and was angry. It pushed him over the top and left 9 good people dead and many families wounded.

These actions are going to make a lot of people (including me) feel persecuted and angry. Some of them will be pushed over the top and will commit atrocities. That is more than a symbol; it is a beloved symbol of pride in ourselves; desecrate it and you symbolicly desecrate us.

I realize people want to ban our flag we fly so proudly; I realize people want to desecrate our cemetaries; I know people want to tear down our monuments.I understand no one cares how we (Southerners) feel. I get it. We get it. We know that people hate us because of where we were born. We know people wish we would go away. We know people want us to burn in the fires of hell for eternity, so strongly that it might be the only thing keeping some people from abandoning religion altogether.

We get it, really. Those who meet the any of the above description, which is apparently the vast majority of non-Southerners are

RACIST.

No need to keep proving it; we really do get it.

TheRedneck

Why exactly would you fly the most treasonous symbol in American history?!?! I bet you claim to be a patriot and love America at the same time as flying the flag a bunch of racist murderers who caused one of the deadliest terrorist campaigns in history.

PS: I'm a "white" (race is fake) male who grew up and still live in mississippi. Out of all my years hear I have yet to meet some one who sported a confederate flag for some historical reason. Because there isn't one.
edit on 27-6-2015 by Entreri06 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu calls for removal of Lee Circle statue

www.nola.com...

www.sonofthesouth.net...

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

BECAUSE it IS American history.
AND it represents THOSE who fought for their beliefs who WERE Americans.
I of course GET the Prog wave to decimate history and it's eventual DOWNFALL will be a bitter pill.
SO in the matter of warioors I say this. T
he Wermacht in WWII had heros too GREAT men who fought well as did the Vietnamese who were fighting against French Colonialism that WE supported I raqis as well ,I COULD go all the way back to our enemies in the Revolutionary war.
As a warrior I learned a great deal from those we fought,I enjoy the Japanese culture.
TO attempt to deny or erase WHAT IS is childish and ultimately will fail once ther TRAD in Chief gets booted.
THERE is FAR more to southern culture than slavery,we ARE disturbed and ashamed of that,but SLAVERS didn't HAVE a flag the 'Stars and Bars" is a battle flag represnting the men who fought ,not slavery.
DEMANDING of America to comply with this WARVE of P.C. trash is about to backlash on all of them.
I suggest they learn politeness REAL fast.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu calls for removal of Lee Circle statue

www.nola.com...

www.sonofthesouth.net...

Nice!! We shouldn't have glorified those traitors in the first place. Sure, some were military geniuses, but so where the 911 terrorists in that case.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Your flag is a symbol of treason, white supremacy, and a reminder that the south was kept afloat on the back of black slaves.

The men you have erected statues of should not be honored. They were traitors who were living high off of the hog until they were told that they had to actually pay for labor instead of living like barbarians, enslaving other humans.

Southerners got off lightly for their treason. Your flags should not fly. Your traitorous ancestors should have been hung. You take pride in being traitors and racists. No wonder the south is so poor and uneducated.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Darynn Roof felt persecuted and was angry. It pushed him over the top and left 9 good people dead and many families wounded.

I realize people want to ban our flag we fly so proudly; I realize people want to desecrate our cemetaries; I know people want to tear down our monuments.I understand no one cares how we (Southerners) feel. I get it. We get it. We know that people hate us because of where we were born. We know people wish we would go away. We know people want us to burn in the fires of hell for eternity, so strongly that it might be the only thing keeping some people from abandoning religion altogether.

We get it, really. Those who meet the any of the above description, which is apparently the vast majority of non-Southerners are

RACIST.

TheRedneck

HOLY SH*& Red!!

You went from taking the flag down from the state house to people wanting to desecrate graves and see southerners burn in hell?

You got some issues...serious issues..

You do realize that people are already talking about digging up graves? You may think he is dealing in hyperbole but look again. The mayor of Memphis, TN is talking of digging up a Confederate general and his wife. Monuments are being vandalized. More and more examples of exactly what he said can be found. Things are getting out of hand. Funny how even members here were posting on a thread calling for the flag to be burned and then want to pretend they aren't really calling for violence.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

things are not getting out of hand, things are becoming the way they need to be

America is finally standing up and saying NO to the racism that has plagued our country. We are the most diverse nation on earth. It is time to embrace it, and to crush the old ways underneath a firm boot. that includes southern racism.

No more hatred. If it takes the extermination of symbols of racism, so be it.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

BECAUSE it IS American history.
AND it represents THOSE who fought for their beliefs who WERE Americans.
I of course GET the Prog wave to decimate history and it's eventual DOWNFALL will be a bitter pill.
SO in the matter of warioors I say this. T
he Wermacht in WWII had heros too GREAT men who fought well as did the Vietnamese who were fighting against French Colonialism that WE supported I raqis as well ,I COULD go all the way back to our enemies in the Revolutionary war.
As a warrior I learned a great deal from those we fought,I enjoy the Japanese culture.
TO attempt to deny or erase WHAT IS is childish and ultimately will fail once ther TRAD in Chief gets booted.
THERE is FAR more to southern culture than slavery,we ARE disturbed and ashamed of that,but SLAVERS didn't HAVE a flag the 'Stars and Bars" is a battle flag represnting the men who fought ,not slavery.
DEMANDING of America to comply with this WARVE of P.C. trash is about to backlash on all of them.
I suggest they learn politeness REAL fast.

They were no more American then Bo bergdahl. The constitution has a clear path to make changes through elections and such. They renounced there citizenship commited terrorist attacks against America. It is like sporting an alquieda or nazi flag. There is no honerable history behind it.

I grew up in Vicksburg MS, the most imortant city in the Civil War. I was force fed the history. Undeniably they were traitors and murders.

No one is erasing history. It's finally getting remembered. Now these traitors who were brainwashed and very good at killing good patriotic Americans shouldn't be glorified on public land. Have the name plate read the actual truth and no one would care. Such as..

"Helped murder thousands of American soldiers while participating in unsuccessful coup of the southern states."

But that's not what they read. Is a serial killer brave whenever he attacks a tough guy? Or is he an evil killer? Who's evil rampage cost lives....
edit on 27-6-2015 by Entreri06 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: Indigo5

RACIST.

TheRedneck

HOLY SH*& Red!!

You went from taking the flag down from the state house to people wanting to desecrate graves and see southerners burn in hell?

You got some issues...serious issues..

You do realize that people are already talking about digging up graves? You may think he is dealing in hyperbole but look again. The mayor of Memphis, TN is talking of digging up a Confederate general and his wife. Monuments are being vandalized. More and more examples of exactly what he said can be found. Things are getting out of hand. Funny how even members here were posting on a thread calling for the flag to be burned and then want to pretend they aren't really calling for violence.

I'm not saying dig people up but would you want to bury Bo bergdahl in Arlington?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I can ONLY wonder how you feel about our troops TODAY then?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join