It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did "White" Slavery End?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think one of the most important pages in the book of human atrocities would be the decision to end "white" slavery but continue African slavery. But I have found little to no info on that specific chapter in history. I was just wondering if any of you knew the particulars of that subject?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

Slavery persists of every skin color. In fact the biggest crime in Western Ohio is child traficking for the sex slave trade. What do you mean by the end of white slavery and the continuation of black slavery? There are slaves of every color in Saudi Arabia and elsewhere in the world held by Saudis and many other people whose culture is permitting of the trade.

Whites are not the sole perpetrators of slavery in recent history or even right now...today.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Not sure it ever did. Lots of sex slaves out there today who are white.

Communists were slaves. Like the Polish who had to grow all their food and give up there resources for the Soviet Union.

My wife watched Downtown abby and most of those people seemed like slaves.

But as far as the slave markets like the ones from Africa...there isnt really a definitive date unless you address a region. Just like black slavery hasnt ended in some parts of Africa. Slavery and racism supposedely anthropologically started in china and india. But its probably older and wide spread than that.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Slavery goes on today in the US sanctioned by the government.

Prison labor is big business. They make $3/hour and government and corporations auction them to the highest bidder.
I used to think the Nazis lost WW2.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
today, its electric slavery. we are owned by the electronic devices we use. everything that goes "beep!" or lights up or connects to a signal or allows you to transmit information or access media. it all owns us.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

I think one of the most important pages in the book of human atrocities would be the decision to end "white" slavery but continue African slavery. But I have found little to no info on that specific chapter in history. I was just wondering if any of you knew the particulars of that subject?

lol, oh man. it's still in effect today. what do you think human trafficking is, sex slave industry, child sex slave industry.
all of those people are either abducted or sold by family members into the trade then shipped around the world.

In all honesty what is the term slave, lets examine the meaning:
slave
slāv/
nounhistorical
noun: slave; plural noun: slaves

a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.
synonyms: historicalserf, vassal, thrall; More
archaicbondsman, bondswoman
"the work was done by slaves"
antonyms: freeman, master
a person who works very hard without proper remuneration or appreciation.
"by the time I was ten, I had become her slave, doing all the housework"
synonyms: drudge, servant, lackey, minion; informalgofer
"Anna was his willing slave"
a person who is excessively dependent upon or controlled by something.
"the poorest people of the world are slaves to the banks"
synonyms: devotee, worshiper, adherent; More
fan, lover, aficionado;
informalfanatic, freak, nut, addict
"a fashion slave"
a device, or part of one, directly controlled by another.
"a slave cassette deck"
an ant captured in its pupal state by an ant of another species, for which it becomes a worker.

verb
verb: slave; 3rd person present: slaves; past tense: slaved; past participle: slaved; gerund or present participle: slaving

work excessively hard.
"after slaving away for fourteen years, all he gets is two thousand"
synonyms: toil, labor, grind away, sweat, work one's fingers to the bone, work like a Trojan/dog; More
informalkill oneself, sweat blood, slog away;
literarytravail;
archaicdrudge, moil
"slaving away for a pittance"
subject (a device) to control by another.
"should the need arise, the two channels can be slaved together"

Origin
Middle English: shortening of Old French esclave, equivalent of medieval Latin sclava (feminine) ‘Slavic (captive)’: some South Slavic peoples had been reduced to a servile state by conquest in the 9th century.
Translate slave to
Use over time for: slave

To be owned by someone and made to work for very little, well i think everyone here that is indebted to a bank no matter there skin colour or race feels like this, we are all serfes now, only the books got a different cover.

edit on 22-6-2015 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What makes you think it did? We just call it the sex trade or human trafficking now to make ourselves feel better about things, but the ugly truth is that slavery of all colors and creeds still exists everywhere.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
You do realize slavery still exists today, and it is ever prevalent in all age groups, cultures, and peoples. Human trafficking is still one of the largest businesses in the world. There was no "abolition of white slaves and a continuation of black slaves", there was just slavery from every corner of the world. It has pretty much always been here and will likely always exist in one way or another.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Slavery still exists throughout the world, and all races and skin colors are affected by it (yes, even white people); I'm talking about real, physical slavery here, where ownership is a reality, and not the hands-across-America for the poor prisoners forced to actually work, b.s., where if they'd made an attempt at being decent human beings, they wouldn't be in the predicament that they are.

Prison labor is NOT slavery. To even imply such, is doing a serious disservice to real slaves suffering throughout the world.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

I think I know what you're talking about. Look into the Popes from the 1700s to the early 1800s. There were many different decrees they issued to differentiate between "just" slavery & "unjust" slavery.

EDIT: Here's a list of the Popes & the times they were power. This can get you started, though a google search of "Pope unjust slavery" may help you narrow it down.
List of Popes
edit on 22-6-2015 by enlightenedservant because: added something. i blame alien deathbeams reflecting off the clouds

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Slavery goes on today in the US sanctioned by the government.

Prison labor is big business. They make $3/hour and government and corporations auction them to the highest bidder.
I used to think the Nazis lost WW2.

They did...
To a much more malevolent and experienced group, who do not take kindly to competition.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Slavery is as old as man itself, I remember reading something about similar traits of forced work in primates
African slavery remains in our mind as its well documented, even to the point that an African queen was possibly well in on it
The Romans were renowned for slavery as were the Greeks, since 300 there seemed to be this belief in the Spartans being noble, righteous even. Where as if memory serves and I may be wrong on this, the Persian empire was against slavery, and actually was much more evolved with things like schooling and social care, and to throw this out there could be traced back through Babylon to messipotania and Sumer so.....
Hell aside from the examples already presented actual slavery is still carried out in some of the Arab nations.
Having slaves of African and Eastern heritage

I don't still get p***ed at Italians though for 100's of years of slavery and oppression

It's like ........what did the Romans ever do for us?
edit on 22-6-2015 by AlphaPred because: Tidied a bit

edit on 22-6-2015 by AlphaPred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
today, its electric slavery. we are owned by the electronic devices we use. everything that goes "beep!" or lights up or connects to a signal or allows you to transmit information or access media. it all owns us.

We all make the choice to allow ourselves (or not) to be owned by devices. They can be avoided almost all together if you truly wish to live that way.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

People are enslaved today more than ever before. When corporations move overseas to take advantage of lower wages, what they are really doing is hiring people where they are so poor already they will literally work for next to nothing.

Apple pays Chinese to make their devices, you are probably wearing some clothing made in an India sweat shop and banana and sugar from south of the continental US.

In EU countries like Italy and Greece, or African countries like well all of them, and even in the US, the chains are the high cost of living and low wages. Just enough to survive paycheck to paycheck, thats slavery.

Its the modern form of Colonialism. Doesn't matter what skin color you have.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
What makes you think it did? We just call it the sex trade or human trafficking now to make ourselves feel better about things, but the ugly truth is that slavery of all colors and creeds still exists everywhere.

This. Slavery didn't end with the American Civil War. Not by a long shot.

It's just called something else now so we don't feel so bad about it.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

You might like to look at this

The Irish slave trade began when James II sold 30,000 Irish prisoners as slaves to the New World. His Proclamation of 1625 required Irish political prisoners be sent overseas and sold to English settlers in the West Indies. By the mid 1600s, the Irish were the main slaves sold to Antigua and Montserrat. At that time, 70% of the total population of Montserrat were Irish slaves.

Ireland quickly became the biggest source of human livestock for English merchants. The majority of the early slaves to the New World were actually white.

From 1641 to 1652, over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and another 300,000 were sold as slaves. Ireland’s population fell from about 1,500,000 to 600,000 in one single decade. Families were ripped apart as the British did not allow Irish dads to take their wives and children with them across the Atlantic. This led to a helpless population of homeless women and children. Britain’s solution was to auction them off as well.
www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
What I heard was a lot of them sought freedom/hide in the hills of West Virginia and the like and came to what we refer to as Hillbilly's.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Guess who was King of England in 1625? It was not James II. James I (aka James VI of Scotland) died in March of 1625 and his successor was his son, Charles I (d. 1649).

The source you're linking is among the most often cited among a certain group of people who seek to minimize the horror of chattel slavery of Africans with ill-informed statements such as "the Irish were slaves and they were treated worse!" typically followed by some nonsense like "and they got over it!"

In fact, White Cargo, the subject of this poorly executed book report and another book called To Hell or Barbados are the primary sources for purveyors of this sort of pseduohistorical would be apologist junk. Shouldn't be hard to find scholarly refutation if you google for it.
edit on 2015-6-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Slavery ended? We are all slaves to this societal construct of greed and vanity.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I ment institutional, lawful slavery. Slavery where if you ran away the "POLICE" would return you to your owner. The kind of slavery you can be born into. Corruption where it is illegal but TPTB turn a blind eye , doesn't count either.

The sex trade doesn't count because it's not sanctioned by governments.

Prison (tho I completely agree where your going) doesn't count either.

I know the humanities history of slavery. I just can't find when the change happened where you could keep all races as slaves to where you could only keep Africans as slaves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join