It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alter rebuilt. Is this the End or Beginning?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

So, basically, the word "coincidence" should be removed from our vocabulary altogether, or just when dealing with prophesies that carry with them a mathematical certainty of happening? Or just when religion is involved? Or travel to Europe?

I study the bible, but that doesn't mean that I believe in its supernatural elements. Millions of people may study prophesy, but that doesn't mean that they all subscribe to the veracity of them, either. You're just upset because I apparently insulted your beliefs by expressing my own, then felt it appropriate to combat my beliefs with yours and pretend you have a moral high ground on word usage.

See, what's happening is!......

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
OP,

The Alter being built is simply assisting in the fulfillment of the rebuilding of the 3rd temple. This along with the latest news in the last 5-10 years shows a buildup to be ready for the next Temple. There was even a (GoFundMe or KickStarter) I believe to finish the drawings and help fund building the new temple. I believe they gained about $150k+ in funding if I remember correctly.

But what most people do not realize is that the temple could be built right now...

Investigator Bob Cornuke has laid out an argument that is so far from what I have researched is bulletproof...

www.baseinstitute.org...

Bob is not a theologian but rather an Ex Crime Scene Investigator... His outside view into these matters has helped him find his way through the lies and traditions and find the true locations of several biblical sites.

His position is that the Temple mount is actually the remains of the 1st century roman fortress and not that of the Temple. In fact through his studies he has found evidence that shows the temple to be just south of the fort (Temple Mount) by ~1000ft. This would put the location of the new temple in uncontested Jewish land...

The rebuilding of the alter is not prophetic but a precursor to the rebuilding of the 3rd temple...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Alright Slap now I'm curious about your studies of the Bible. Can you elaborate? Please.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Just out of respect of the back and forth we've had, I'll give a quick, incomplete run down:

- I was a Christian from "birth" (because my parents were) through about age 20, active in AWANA (my dad started and ran the program for our Baptist church) as young child for multiple years
- I attended many bible studies and church camps as a youth and young teenager
- I gave more than one "testimony" at bible studies and church services, doing extensive research to find stories and verses in the bible I could cite while doing so
- I married a Christian woman when I was 23, but at that point, I had started walking away from the supernatural side of religion because I had begun pretty extensive research into the history of religions, the origins of them, the similarities between them, alternative theories as to what they actually discuss, etc.
- I've read books written by Creationists, fundamentalist Christians, atheists, biblical scholars
- I've watched courses on biblical study (mostly the free ones online from Yale) and many lectures and debates concerning the bible and those that are pro and con the supernatural aspects of it, whether its a literal document, why some books were chosen and others discarded, etc.
- I attend church fairly regularly with my wife (because it makes her feel better to be there with me--I think it's to help with the kids), although certainly not on a weekly basis.
- I discuss and debate the bible and the history of it with my wife
- I actually read the bible from time to time, although mostly to keep brushed up on the more well known stories, remind myself of the discrepancies contained within, or to use certain stories as a way to teach things to my son (much like I would use the story of the tortoise and the hare)

I could go on and on, but that's enough boredom. It's been a long time since I've done any in-depth formal bible study, but that's because most of them don't deal with what I'm interest in (the historicity and origins of the stories)--regardless, I'm better-versed in the bible and its stories and theories of its meaning than nearly any Christian with whom I discuss it, and I live in part of the bible belt.

Anyhoo, hopefully that helps you understand--whether or not it lives up to your expectations of what 'studying the bible' means will wait to be seen, but honestly, that's not my concern nor will it change anything I do.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Anyhoo, hopefully that helps you understand--whether or not it lives up to your expectations of what 'studying the bible' means will wait to be seen, but honestly, that's not my concern nor will it change anything I do.

No expectations Slap and I asked with no intent to judge or ridicule.
As I said I was just curious. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Well, maybe that's what's different between you and I. While my parents made both my sister and myself attend church regularly until we were confirmed. After that it was our call, and they never pressured us to do more than attend.

I never put myself on that sort of religious treadmill; never felt called to. Church is a nice place to hang out with other believers and gain a little moral support or some new spiritual guidance from time to time, but it's hardly my only or even my main access to God.

Instead, I've had other experiences in my life. Things I can't explain that defy rational explanation and only make sense within the context of the supernatural.

It is possible to burn yourself out, and sometimes you just have to surrender.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
New Details Emerge on Rebuilt Altar of Jewish Holy Temple.
“Temple Institute in Jerusalem has completed the construction of the stone altar required for the sacrificial service in the Holy Temple.”
Read more at www.breakingisraelnews.com...
I read this yesterday and thought about. Isn’t there somewhere in the Bible, maybe Revelations, that talks about this?
www.breakingisraelnews.com...
With all the information out there about the 4 blood Moons, Shemita, Jade Helm and Obama being the Anti-Christ, I thought that this was interesting. What do you think?

To answer your question it is mentioned in several places that there is supposed to be another temple built. To list a couple of them.

The prophesies about the branches in Zechariah. There is supposed to be 2 branches that accompany the Lord normally. And each one is predicted to build a temple. The prophecy is only 1/2 done. There's still a branch to go.

The book of Hosea and the day of Jezreel prophecy. While it doesn't mention the temple specifically it does tell you why Israel was destroyed and how long the period of destruction lasts. Per verse 6-2 it appears that Israel managed to incur a 2000 year top level Leviticus 26 curse. An by my best guess it expires between 2025 to 2028. Unless....they work on ending it early.

Matthew 24 and the book of Daniel. This is a end time event according to Jesus Christ.
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: )

Which is predicted in Daniel 11-31.
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

Can't have a desecrated temple unless it's built first. Also since Matthew 24 is referring to Daniel 11-31 doesn't that also extend to the entire prophecy?

And there are probably others that need to be mentioned. I'll think about it and look.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ha...yeah, I'm not really compelled to be on any sort of "treadmill" with religion, the truth is just that I find it utterly interesting. I love reading about the history, social effects, origins, mythology, alternative theories, etc., concerning religion, including claims of divine intervention and supernatural happenings.

I'm one of those weirdos who embraces learning on all topics that interest me--going through everything I do concerning religion is not a "treadmill" to me--it's more like a Tough Mudder (I've done two, and each time walked away with cramps and pains in places I didn't know existed). But it's fun and interesting, and I love debating if I have the knowledge to do so.

However, I do fully place the blame on my mom for making me start looking at religion in more of a scholarly way than embracing it in the traditional way where it resides in one's heart (if they're a believer). But I'm glad she did, because overwhelming me with God-this and God-that ad nauseum allowed me to find religion interesting again, even if it was in a non-believing way.

But you never know, maybe one day I'll have an experience like yours that will revert me back to believing, but until then, my learning and "investigating" into religion is what brought me to where I am, and I'm all good with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join