It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open comment to the people that stole my tools last night

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I understand why people steal, Why they need to steal to survive.

I am too much off a hippy ass nice guy, I will take in waifs and strays, I will give my last quid to someone that wasted theres even though I know it will do them harm ultimatley.

As a nice guy and hippy I am going to put this out as a general statement as opposed to a directed attack on those that do this kind of thing.

You took from me because you needed quick cash and I understand this, I feel your need.

I feel no ill toward you but I have an issue with those that bought from you, they have the ability to both profit from and ignore the implications of your actions.

I am screwed now. Without tools I can earn no money yet the person that you sold my tools to would understand this, they value tools as something important, they understand what they can do and how they can earn money with them.

So as an open statement I say I feel no ill toward you but the person you sold then to?

I hope you feel enough shame to never do this again.

Shame.

edit on 22/6/15 by JAK because: Edit at request

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It takes a real tool to steal a tool, simple is that. They's some low frequency motha- f#$%@&*!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

That is a way down low dirty mean trick to steal tools. No matter how desperate I could not take a man's tools by which he earns his livelihood.

Well you are very understanding, perhaps too understanding. You have the right to rant, shout and scream.

Hope you can find some generosity from others in a like manner to your own, who may let you borrow until you can replace them.

It sure is worth getting tools insured. I would advise anyone of that course of action. They are tough and expensive to replace and a favourite with thieves.

I commiserate and salute your kind attitude.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Start a GoFundMe page. Get ya some new tools.

If you tell everyone you're gay and the person stole your tools as a hate crime, you'll be rolling in wrenches by the end of the week.
edit on 6/21/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You are well tempered. ...stealing a mans (or womans) tools breaks all rules...tools are sacred. ..im afraid my response would be a .30 .30 round in their hip...you are a good person and I applaud you, sorry for your loss. I would be devestated.

edit on 21-6-2015 by BlueJacket because: sp

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I admire your ability to look beyond your self-centered need to the consequences to this act.

I am certain that something will open up for you, to enable you to work and support yourself, because of your ability to think beyond yourself.

You are a shining example of humanity. I bow to you.

Best wishes and all the blessings of all the holy ones to you.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

coming from a part of the world that still tends to look positively on shooting horse thieves, I can honestly say that there is no hippy in me. a person who steals from me has a very good chance of a solid beat down coming their way.

a couple of weeks ago a local shop owner was robbed at gun point. He shot and killed the robber who was fleeing. He'd been sprayed in the face with mace, and could barely see to shoot the fleeing robber who was on a bike....but he got him.

The cops didn't arrest (they barely questioned), and he was quietly hailed a hero in the living rooms of people across the area.

The guy is from a family of business owners that operate in pretty rough areas. Anyone who knows them knows better than to steal from them. There are stories of people trying to do beer runs that went missing for a few days before stumbling home beat all to holy hell. Of course, those stories are from wayyy back (and likely just stories). But no one steals from their stores. Ever. The last one who did...i just told you that story.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Start a kickstart or go fund or whatever it's called and I'll send you some dough. Who else is with me?

Heck, send me a message and I will send you what I can from Paypal.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: thought of something else.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

I am pretty poor, but I would be willing to contribute a small amount.

I really do feel for people when stuff like this happens.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I respect you OP

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I really do feel for people when stuff like this happens.
a reply to: Revolution9

Me too. Thank you for being willing to help me (us) like that.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Cool.
The hippie in you should go steal to support yourself.
I mean, they stole your tools which were your means to a living.
I would suggest that you steal from hippies like yourself that won't care that you are taking their hard-earned stuff.

I was just kidding with the above.
Stealing is wrong.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

You're welcome any time.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Start a GoFundMe page. Get ya some new tools.

If you tell everyone you're gay and the person stole your tools as a hate crime, you'll be rolling in wrenches by the end of the week.

My tools Are Relentlessly Stolen. My -insert hate group here- neighbors sent me a letter Saying -insert prejudiced statement here-. And now I want to do -insert for profit business here-.

OP send me a private message. Willing to help if your livelihood is compromised because of this theft.
edit on 21-6-2015 by Ksihkehe because: Typo, damn typo

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
My ex had a purpose built in locker in his van for tools as they were continually being stolen. Insuring those if they are your livelihood is imperative.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Although I am a locksmith, my tool bag, aside from the parts of it which contain the items specific to my trade, is comprised of basic gear. That said, if someone stole my tool bag, I would tear this town apart to find it. I am deadly serious. I love my tools, and I love what I can do with them. There are things which one does not do, and stealing a working tool bag is one of them.

I am so sorry that you have experienced this sad facet of the collapse of decency nonspecifc. I know how you must be feeling, and congratulate you on your attitude toward it. I can assure you, I would not be nearly so placid.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Sorry to hear of your loss. Like others in this thread I'd be lost without tools of trade even though I'm not a qualified tradie. Mate, you are too kind in your forgiveness but its made my morning to know that there are forgiving people like you.

May I ask what sort of tools were stolen from you?

Kind regards,

Bally.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I don't care how badly I ever needed money, I never stole from another person! My husband has had expensive music equipment stolen in the past. It took him a lifetime to finally get the items and then in the blink of an eye it was gone! He worked his life away with extra hours and days to get what he had. If someone is that desperate they should be on welfare. If they fall through the cracks and get no help, so we do we!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I don't understand why you blame one aspect of uncivil society and not its fellow traveler. Are they not partners in a crime?
Can you explain that conundrum?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Im in, don't mind helping a fellow member that uses his hands to make a living....I use mine and lots of tools as well, u don't mess with a persons tools. Pm me if you need some help
edit on 21-6-2015 by neomaximus10 because: added

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join