It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No it's not OK to eat dogs.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ashirah
Borrowing here but...

A dog may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the mf'r.

Elohim, you are the ones that taste like pumpkin pie.Yum

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
But....hot dogs are delicious. I don't care what they can be trained to do, they're delicious.

I now proclaim hot dogs to be hot elohim.Lets see if they are so delicious now lol

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Borrowing here but...

A dog may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the mf'r.

Oh,and I am the only one doing the borrowing..

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

You ever heard the term "longpig"?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Can you teach a pig to become a blind man's eyes?
Can you teach a pig to sniff out bombs and drugs at airports?
Can you teach a cow to track down fugitives in a forest?
Can you teach a cow or a pig to be the hands of a disabled person?

It's already been stated (and linked, no less) that the answer to the above is Yes. Many animals you already eat are just as smart, if not more so, than dogs. My parents had a farm when I was a kid. The cows weren't exactly stupid. The chickens were cuddly. Our ducks were playful. My parents for a short time raised rabbits for meat. They were fun to play with. The pigs were better than the dogs, I was always in their pen playing with them. Fond memories of the smelly buggers, they can play.

We had a couple of baby cast-offs from the pigs, goats & sheep that became house pets (mothers rejected their young for whatever reasons) We still ate all 3, despite having proved they make pretty damn good companion animals. No qualms about eating something I can also befriend, it's still food in the food chain. Would I eat dog or cat? Yeah, sure. I lived in Asia, so I also wouldn't be surprised if one of the meat dishes I ate was either of the two. That doesn't bother me, it's a cultural culinary difference that mattered practically nil in the grand scheme of things.
People eat guinea pigs as a normal deal in South America, nobody complains about that (probably because they have no clue their cute cage pet is food elsewhere)

I would love to try horse some day. I keep getting told by the Europeans I don't know what I'm missing. That intrigues me.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusPrimeOne

I was paraphrasing a line from a very well known movie. Being a smart ass. Or dumb ass, whichever you prefer.

Not into eating canine.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I was paraphrasing a line from a very well known movie. Being a smart ass. Or dumb ass, whichever you prefer.

Not into eating canine.

Paraphrasing a movie still shows you have an interest in eating canines.Not cool.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Am I that transparent? #.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Yea... I`m not so hot on the part of the dog they serve up in the US.
Funny thing is they make bread to fit,and call them buns? how many dogs do you guys go through? a reply to: Shamrock6

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Am I that transparent? #.

Yep..

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I have eaten Horse and yes Dog also.
Both in different country's of my birth and I understand other countries have different cultures to do with food.
Oh and they both tasted pretty good but I didn't know it was dog until after.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusPrimeOne

Wild hog would be healthier.Understand that domesticated pigs are very dirty and full of parasites.Youtube coke pork and you will see what I mean

Try snopes for the truth about coke and worms, we try to deny ignorance here not propergate it

www.snopes.com...

and NO I am not telling you to eat your dog, thats disgusting

I am saying I would eat your dog

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The problem with street meat is you don't know what you're getting most of the time. I've eaten dog, rat, you name it. You go tell those people they can eat only what you allow them to.
edit on 20-6-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Well said.
Thing is is is fine for us who can just go down a shop and buy any meat but some can't and have to eat what they can get. Be it bush meat or whatever.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: hsvenforcer

"There are numerous tribes in the Pacific that practice cannibalism....are you okay with the thought of eating human flesh? "

Would you mind telling me exactly where these islands are as the people of Fiji are nervous .

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I personally could not. Why? Mostly due to social conditioning. As for the morality of it; If it came down to a child needing to eat the dog to survive, or the dog needing to eat the child to survive, I hope and pray that everyone would choose the child's life over the dogs. Sadly, I am afraid people would choose the dog.
edit on 6/21/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

and monkey brain.. smash the skull while they are still alive. my friend thinks is delicious

I like dolphins personally

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

a reply to: KnightLight

You ever heard the term "longpig"?

Not until just now, but always down for new concepts.

Now I want bacon.. Haha..

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
You want to call me a hypocrite because I eat cows and pigs? Go ahead. Because unless you are ok with other people eating humans then you are a hypocrite too.

There are numerous tribes in the Pacific that practice cannibalism....are you okay with the thought of eating human flesh?

Dogs evolved alongside us and were domesticated not for eating but for working alongside us.

Can you teach a pig to become a blind man's eyes?
Can you teach a pig to sniff out bombs and drugs at airports?
Can you teach a cow to track down fugitives in a forest?
Can you teach a cow or a pig to be the hands of a disabled person?

The only way dogs are the same as pigs and cows is in that they are animals too, and in that essence we are animals as well...and if you don't have a problem with eating every animal then surely you don't have any qualms about torturing and boiling alive other humans.
I would never advocate murder to achieve the end of cannibalism, but mortuary cannibalism doesn't bother me in the least. If the person is already dead, where's the problem?
And I personally LOVE dogs. I've had them in my family for all of my life. I couldn't bring myself to eat one. But you are allowing the Western love affair with dogs to obscure an.objective assessment of their actual value. We didn't domesticate them as food animals because they are a naturally lean animal, and hunting the higher-fat animals was a wiser expenditure of energy in our distant past. Also, they are a higher-tier predator. soliciting their aid in hunting is smart. Plus, they have much keener senses, so they are excellent guards. From a practical standpoint, hunting them is just stupid, given their potential.
But, given the state of modern society, most dogs are nothing more than servile companions. A chihuahua has absolutely no practical worth beyond that.
In other cultures, which most Westerners would find fairly alien, when subsistence farming and limited hunting failed to stave off starvation, the hunting dogs were a valuable source of protein. But, that option was unwise because hunting is almost always a viable last resort for survival, especially when aided by dogs. They have better senses of hearing and smell, greater speed, greater agility and better instincts than us. Therefore, a family who had a form of wealth which wasn't based on a consumable commodity could sometimes barter this wealth for more dogs if they had to eat theirs. And, as occurs so.often, what was once an almost taboo survival food eventually evolved into a delicacy. Puffer fish, for example. The only people who would have eaten these in the past were people who brought up nothing else in their nets. Eventually, some people figured out a safe way of butchering them. Now, because of the skill it takes to not poison the customer, the fish is an expensive delicacy. Despite how counterintuitive it is to eat it.
Also, wild fungi. Most are mildly toxic. Many are deadly. Why are they so popular. Even the Morrell. Poisonous when harvested.
So, therefore, in cultures where the famines of the past left people with options that were only differing levels of bad, what was a final resort has become a delicacy.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Again, I would never eat a dog. I would purposely starve first, if that was my only option. Heck, given the crappy nature of the human race, I may be persuaded to eat another person before a dog. Dogs are incapable of evil.
I merely wanted to provide some background and maybe perspective on the issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join