It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Demands Probe into U.S. Moon Landing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

yet was not recorded and preserved for posterity in as crystal clear quality as could be managed at the time and made available in stunning quality for all to see and more importantly examine?

You know why Australia got the transmission, right? It has to do with where on Earth the Moon was in the sky at the time

There were technical difficulties at Goldstone with the relay from Australia but fortuneately Honeysuckle was able to get the best video recording possible. It was indeed "recorded for posterity."

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Oz got the transmission because it was in the right place to receive it, yes.

So...what you are in fact saying is that i'm absolutely correct.

The only version of the most momentous, culturally significant event in all of recorded Human history...is that grainy, laughable clip filmed directly from the flickering screen of a low resolution monitor display.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

yet was not recorded and preserved for posterity in as crystal clear quality as could be managed at the time and made available in stunning quality for all to see and more importantly examine?

And that seems reasonable to you?

Yes, it is reasonable, if you remember that at that time even simple color TV was considered almost as a miracle.
I think that there wasn't direct broadcast (that would be indeed miracle) and this is all cover up. I'm also not sure that even today direct broadcast from Moon is technically possible.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

The only version of the most momentous, culturally significant event in all of recorded Human history...is that grainy, laughable clip filmed directly from the flickering screen of a low resolution monitor display.

False. There were many videotape recordings of the transmission.

Nafzger's team, which included Apollo-era engineers like himself who helped produce the 1969 live broadcast of the moonwalk, acquired the best of the broadcast-format video from a variety of sources for the restoration effort.

These included a copy of a tape recorded in Sydney, Australia at the video switching center where downlinked television from Parkes and Honeysuckle Creek tracking stations was received for transmission to the United States; original broadcast tapes from the CBS News Archive recorded via direct microwave and landline feeds from Johnson Space Center in Houston; and kinescopes -- recordings of the television broadcast made by filming the picture from a video monitor -- found in film vaults at Johnson that had not been viewed for 36 years.

www.space.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Funnily enough a group of us were only talking about this very subject yesterday afternoon. I still can't get my head around the fact that man went to the moon with the computer power and technology of the 1960's.

I can't stop wondering why we stopped going after having made that huge leap. Money can be found by any government, especially the American one for this kind of venture especially if it involved military superiority and the possibility of weapons to threaten any country on this planet.

I think Russia shaking the tree on this one, whatever their motive whether its football _ God help us or whatever or some other little hatred!

This is a hoot and I hope to laugh a lot and - maybe learn more about some of my questions

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

This is the third thread now dealing with the same subject this week.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why not join one of these discussions.
Oh and just to clarify Russia is NOT questioning the moon landing as your thread title suggests. They want to investigate missing film and rocks.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Well there goes that argument that we must have put men on the moon because Russia doesn't deny it.

I will laugh for the rest of my life if it turns out to be true.

Some people only read thread titles and it becomes obvious when their post doesn't relate to the actual content.
Here's one now.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: intunewithmyself

Here's another. Lol

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: VincentG

Didn't anyone actually read the opening post?
This is not about the US hoaxing the moon landings. Godalmighty people.
It's about missing film and moon rocks! ! !

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

How odd. I thought it was about soccer.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Majic

I'm really not sure how to answer this since you're an administrator of the site.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Rock On

a reply to: AutumnWitch657

As long as your answer doesn't violate the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use, answer however you like.

My role on the staff bears no relevance to my participation in the forums. When I opine on a topic, I do so purely as a member of ATS (which thankfully I still get to be despite my staff duties) and recuse myself from taking any staff action in any thread I participate in, so please don't be shy about disagreeing strenuously if you think I'm wrong!

In other words, I would be insta-booted from the staff by the owners if I were ever stupid enough to abuse my position, so please don't worry about retaliation in any way, shape or form if you think my opinions are out to lunch and say so.

It's totally okay to take me to task on anything I post here. I promise.

Hearkening back to the topic, sorry about the "pithy" one-liners if you think they're too capricious.

I do think they're pertinent, though, because unless MSN is misquoting Vladimir Markin of the Russian Federation Investigative Committee (aka The Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation), they are the ones linking the moon landings to the FBI's investigation into FIFA corruption.

Thus, absent fraudulent reporting on the part of MSN or Isvestia (whom MSN is quoting), the absurdity of tying together FIFA and the moon landings is the sole property and responsibility of Vladimir Markin and the Russian Federation Investigative Committee.

Hence my original reference to misdirection, because this is about as obvious as it gets.

tl;dr: The moon landings have nothing to do with FIFA corruption, and it would probably be a good idea for Mr. Markin to avoid trying to use them to deflect attention from the FIFA scandal and Russia's possible complicity in bribing FIFA officials, because it isn't working, looks silly and invites well-deserved ridicule.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
They are going to be featuring this story over www.podcast13.com Should be hilarious

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik
a reply to: Phage

Of course, Russian scientists do not "demand" investigation. This was a trolling opinion from some Russian lawyer.
In original article it is clear that he was kinda trolling, appropriate for ATS conspiracy junkies, but not as a serious proposition.

Russians are Trolls? and I thought the WORST aspect of their being was (when pushing communism) they were atheists. So the pot calls the kettle black/Putin is playing dirty pool (could be fun).
edit on 20-6-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Honeysuckle was able to get the best video recording possible. It was indeed "recorded for posterity."
The best recording possible was supposedly on the SSTV tapes and they never found those, did they? Apparently they were erased to record new data on the tapes years later.

Apollo 11 Mission Archive Mystery Unspools

the SSTV was better than the scan-converted images that were broadcast at the time--which is the only version currently available, Sarkissian concluded.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

No problem.. the investigation can run at the same time an international investigation into crimea occurs.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Damn shame I wont be here to see the 100th anniversary of the first moon landing, the press, TV, news sites, conspiracy blogs, all shouting at each other, perhaps even a few murders?
A sudden surge of Ebay moon rock sales, a space firm collecting regalith from the landing sites and selling that,
3 centimetre squares of space suit material selling for thousands of gold dollars, Armstrong's ****skin worshipped in the church of the later day spaceman.
Guided tours of the Chinese launch sites where the moon rockets actually took off from, Russia still demanding that the Americans pay for the Saturn's that the Russians sold to NASA (No Actual Science Allowed).

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Russia should be more concerned and their own affairs and stop trying to be an international player. They have a joke economy, a military that is outdated and unaffordable and a dying population (if I was Russian I would want to die to) Does anyone even like them?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
a reply to: VincentG

Aren't the missing films and validity of moon rocks to do with the Moon landing hoax conspiracy? If not what are they to do with?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

If you actually read the OP and the linked article you wouldn't have to demonstrate ignorance!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join