It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Suggested I might be a Time Traveler

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Okay this one's a bit out there, but I'll try to give all the facts I can.
The following is an ongoing story that is happening to me.

-
A good friend of mine is currently talking to a young woman in California whom I don't know, and have never met before.
To the best of my knowledge I had never talked to or interacted with her before at all, and I can't even come up with a reason to support the idea that we would have spoken before.

The young woman of topic is a waitress at a restaurant in San Jose. During conversation she was briefly
telling my good friend about a peculiar elderly guy who comes into her place of business religiously and always orders
blueberry pie, and a coffee with lots of cream. That's all he ever wants.

The strange man, apparently goes by the name, Charles.
It literally means, "A Man" and would be a good false name for an artistic person, or a witty time traveler.
She said she felt oddly comfortable and chatted with him a little more than you would with most strangers,
but she was intrigued because he was intentionally mysterious about himself.

The thing is, he would never tell her where he was from. When asked he would just say "Around."

My good friend asked his waitress friend for a description of this man, and her description apparently prompted my friend to
leave me a voicemail that evening.

She said "He's tall and lanky. He has a mole under his right ear, and a tattoo of a Fibonacci spiral on his left forearm. It's red, and has a blue square around it. He walks with a dark brown cane that looks handmade and has stuff carved in it... Circles and stuff. He wears silver rings and dresses nice... He doesn't appear homeless at all. He wears nice button up dress shirts. It's just, sometimes he comes in looking like he had a rough night."

My friend jokingly mused to his lady friend, that the patron might be a time traveler. The following day the old man comes in again and she tells him, "My friend says you might be a time traveler. Crazy huh?"

According to her, the old man looked at her flustered and after a second or two, stood up and said "No, it's not."
At this point, he walks out of the restaurant in a bit of a hurry.
The man proceeds to spend the next 15 or 20 minutes just pacing back and forth outside the restaurant talking to himself.
He eventually leaves though.

I was at my friend's house a few nights after this took place, and it was after he'd had an opportunity to talk with the her at length about the strange man. My friend insisted that I call his waitress friend from his phone and talk to her.

Naturally, one of the first things I asked, was if I sounded like "Charles".
The girl broke down and it sounded like she actually might have started crying.
I didn't want to press her then, but after she regained her composure she insisted,
"Yes. Yeah you do sound like him. Maybe just a little bit younger."

I sat outside my friend's house for a solid half hour with this young woman on speaker-phone, as my friend paced back and forth,
listening to the questions I asked and her answers to them.

The story she told me matched verbatim the story that she'd told him with the very same details, but due to my pressing,
it included a few new details too.

First detail being exactly what the man's arm tattoo looked like. This was a little tricky because mine is multi-colored It's not one solid color.
The answer she gave: It's a red spiral, with a dark bluish trace around it; like squares.
I stood in the radius of the porch-light, staring at my arm as she perfectly described my own tattoo.

Next, I asked EXACTLY where this man's mole was, and what color it was.. I paraphrase slightly:
"Less than an inch below his ear-lobe... right ear lobe... And it's fleshy in color, light brown at the darkest."
I actually got shivers at the perfect description, in SPITE of trying to remain objective about the story.

"I love you, but shut up."- Charles

>>>>>>>.

"Charles", saved a lot of people in his timeline, but is now stuck here because he basically
created a dead end or "pocket universe" for himself. He actually claimed to be from a different timeline.
My friend mentioned that the story sounded like that of John Titor, and the waitress replied,
>>>>>>.

I'm only 25 now, but I do have a bad back, and I will almost certainly walk with a cane at 60, and I have a compulsion to have unique items.
A personalized or handmade cane is right up my alley. I've considered whether they're actually messing with me or not... But even after I've tried to call them both out at length, they're insistent that they're not.

As things stand I have all those traits (The rings, the body build, the tattoo, the fashion taste, the bad back, the mole...

The next step my friend made was to show the girl a picture of me.
She apparently insisted of him vehemently, "Yes, that's Charles."

Now, I will say, I might've gone about the last part differently,
but what do you guys think about all this?

--------------

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LAkadian

So you are this guy that has not gone back in time yet?

Also I think you should post a pic of your tattoo.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Get a date lol!!

Weird coincidence maybe u should go see her for urself

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Go back and/or forward in time. You should be able to figure it out by then.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Cover up your tat with a different one....I dunno, one that says "Keep on Truckin'" or something similar.

Either the old guy's tat will change when she see's him next....Or you'll create a time paradox that destroys the very fabric of reality....
Either way, it sounds like a fun time!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Interesting story, but I'm more interested in your tattoo. Pics!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Get a picture of him. Why would he be flustered by the question? If you are him, you know the question is coming already, so it would not fluster you. The only logical conclusion is the person does not have your memories, meaning they are not you.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Freaky story. Keep us updated. I two have a well actually two fibonacci spirals that mirror each other on either side of my spine. The spiral is blue with box around it and dividing lines black. I have silver rings to and have back problems. Maybe we are time traveller cousins or something. Not mocking you at all. I am interested in your story.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Cool story, got a pic of your tattoo to back it up?

Also, what does this part mean?

"I love you, but shut up."- Charles

>>>>>>>.

"Charles", saved a lot of people in his timeline, but is now stuck here because he basically
created a dead end or "pocket universe" for himself. He actually claimed to be from a different timeline.
My friend mentioned that the story sounded like that of John Titor, and the waitress replied,
>>>>>>.

It doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of your text or make sense. Explain pls?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Why would he be flustered by the question?

Maybe he remembers that this is the moment when his younger self found out about his older self, and this is when it all started (the having to save humanity and create a pocket for himself... again.) Maybe he keeps trying to do it differently and not be found out by his younger self, but it keeps looping anyway (like the movie 'Groundhog Day.)

Well, it's fun to speculate anyway!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Trashleigh

Yeah, me too. I didn't get that part.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Interesting story thank you.

The part I don't like is man talking to himself

Usually sign of not being grounded in reality or 100 % sane.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: admirethedistance

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

"I love you, but shut up."

That was a bit of dark humor on my part. I sensed an opportunity for a joke.
Explanation:
My friend said he was texting the girl just before the last time the old man came into the restaurant.
At this point in time my friend is telling her, this story sounds a lot like John Titor.
She didn't know who that was, so my friend starts to explain it to her...
Mainly the bit where the John Titor story involves inter-dimensional travel and like, multiple timelines.
The old man sits down. She walks up and talks to him.

Shortly after, my friend gets a text from the girl's phone that reads, "I love you, but God, shut up."

A while later, my friend asks her why she'd told him to shut up.
--- She answers that it wasn't her words: she was talking to Charles as she served him, and he told her to say that.

"I love you, but God, shut up."
Words that you'd say to an old friend, right?
He said it sounded like something I'd say to him.
We both could agree on that.

edit on 17-6-2015 by LAkadian because: Grammar, G. #tta, grammar ain't no fools game; it's a trick for a pimp.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yeah. Agreed.

Last time she talked to him, he told her, "We won't talk for a while."
This was allegedly BEFORE we asked for a picture.

She did promise us both she'd get a picture of him if/ when he comes back.

I really hate to be naiive, but I'll admit I really do want to believe it.
I feel like I'd run right into the chance to screw with myself like that.
It seems too weird to pass up.
It could go either way,
which makes this whole thing a real mindf^*W

Hey, if he's really me, he'll come back and get photographed, and at that point, I'll show you the money.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

See if you can get an image or some footage of the person and match it up? Or just go talk to them I guess.

I wouldn't be able to not follow it up.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

" interesting " annecdote is ...................

not really very interesting at all

it has already developed internal inconsistencies

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Tell her to record the man on her mobile phone, and text it to you. If he's a bit of a regular there, it shouldn't be a problem. And then post the video here.
edit on 17-6-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I don't get it to be honest. He's an elderly gent with a cane in a 'smart dress shirt' but you can see his bare forearms?

Plus your tattoo looks like it was drawn on your arm with felt pen.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Interesting story........... Does the place where she works have CCTV..??

If so then review the imagery on that and decide.......even better, copy the footage and paste on here.....!!

One thing for me tough that doesn't work is why would a timetraveller (who wants to life anonymously ) move back to a place where he frequented in his youth..??

Regards

PDUK

<<   2  3  4 >>

join