It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many Southern California Beaches are Covered in Red Crab (Strong El Niño Coming)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

This was taken by a friend of mine this morning in Newport Beach Ca.

I haven't seen this many Crabs since I was a kid.

These Red Crab (not sure of their real name) bring with them a warning.

When you see these Crab, it is a very strong indication of a El Niño year.

These Crabs need a lot warmer water than Newport's normal temps.

I'm not making a prediction....The Crabs are.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It's looking to be a monster, science tells us that... the crabs agree. About the only good thing that could come out of this El Nino is that it could be strong enough to push the Ridiculously Resilient Ridge off the coast of California and let some rain in.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
maybe they dont like radiation,been a few shark attacks recently to ,are we begining to see fukushima's legacy to the world is anyone close enough to grab one and send it to the health ranger for Analysis

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
maybe they dont like radiation,been a few shark attacks recently to ,are we begining to see fukushima's legacy to the world is anyone close enough to grab one and send it to the health ranger for Analysis

It's happened before. It looks like a mass beaching.

But, They are still alive. Hopefully high tide will take them away.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Woohoo. El nino also will extend the swimming season in the ocean this year. Bring a lot more tuna north for fishing and make my plumeria & heliconia blossom.

Lots of good things about el nino too

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Woohoo. El nino also will extend the swimming season in the ocean this year. Bring a lot more tuna north for fishing and make my plumeria & heliconia blossom.

Lots of good things about el nino too

I think if it brings moisture in any form it will be great.

If it comes all at once is what I worry about.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Are they edible?
I could see myself shoveling up baskets full if they are.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I thought the exact same thing, started looking up recipes and #. I mean, they kinda look like crawdads so im certain they'd be good eating.

well and that song from the Little Mermaid with the cook.
youtu.be...
Enjoy.
edit on 16-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I predict calif will follow Texas and get flooded.

It will start with big thunderstorms this summer in the calif desert as the tropical storms and Hurricane form off the west coast of Mexico and come north hitting Calif and AZ

Its time to start building arks here in calif.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Are they edible?

Yes, tasty but really small.

In a survival situation it would be red gold.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: butcherguy

Are they edible?

Yes, tasty but really small.

In a survival situation it would be red gold.

Problem is they may have died of red tide and may be toxic

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Some good info.

What are these things, and why are they here?

The Pleuroncodes planipes, also known as pelagic red crabs or tuna crabs, are about 1 to 3 inches long, and typically live in Baja California. It’s not unprecedented for them to come up here, but other than a smaller number earlier this year on Balboa Island, it’s been decades since their last visit.

It’s too early to say what is causing this, but many other unusual creatures have turned up in Southern California over the past year, and climate scientists have pointed to warm water as a reason.

The unseasonable warm patch of ocean – extending from the Bering Sea to the waters off Southern California and showing up as a red splotch on temperature-indicating water maps – even has been given a nickname by the scientists: “The Blob.”

Can we eat them?

Not unless by “we” you’re including birds, sharks, yellowtail, tuna and blue whales. All those creatures love tuna crabs.

But they’re not great for human meals. They don’t have much meat in their shells..........

........Anthony Martinez, program manager for the county’s Environmental Health Department, said there are no human health concerns believed to be associated with the handling of dead tuna crabs.

Sounds like something common but rare and nothing dangerous about it.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Good info , But I have to say , I am an Alaskan Fisherman seasonally . I also fish in southern CA , I have notice a big change in the amount of Catch in Alaska since 2013 .

So bad that the company I worked for had to close down one of its floating processors.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it . But its common word around Alaska that change Is notable.

Something is going on with the weather or water .

edit on 17-6-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

It's that damn alien war in the pacific.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I've seen some articles about colder water up here being the culprit the last few years. If the water is warmer one place it's colder another.

I don't know much about that however. Catch it, cook it, eat it is my only fishing experience. Hate the combat fishing though and I prefer trout fishing and walking streams when I was still able.

I suppose fish have been going through these changes since long before people set foot on land. Our experience is too short on this planet to even know the patterns.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

So maybe you can tell me why the Blob doesnt move?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I've seen some articles about colder water up here being the culprit the last few years. If the water is warmer one place it's colder another.

I don't know much about that however. Catch it, cook it, eat it is my only fishing experience. Hate the combat fishing though and I prefer trout fishing and walking streams when I was still able.

I suppose fish have been going through these changes since long before people set foot on land. Our experience is too short on this planet to even know the patterns.

Regarding the patterns , That is how we catch them
by patterns , the way they eat , the way they migrate , the depths they move to when the water temp changes etc.

The problem is that they are not reproducing fast enough for some strange reason or they have just gone .

I think it has to do with environment and climate. I would hate to speculate on over fishing but that could play a roll as well.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I'd imagine its a combination of things. I know who to hit up now for fishing facts

Overfishing must be high on the list of potential problems.

More on topic, that mass of red on the beaches must be quite a sight. Seems like they should find a use for them like pet food or something.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

I can barely get myself to move some mornings, let alone keep track of the Blob.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Whatever it is if it brings rain to CA it is good...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join