It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas To Remove One Billion In Gold From NY Fed’s Vault

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The Governor of Texas signed a bill the other day that sets up construction of a special vault to keep gold.

At first I thought this was some kind of joke.

But guess what .... it's apparently true.

And Texas has plans to recall loads of gold from the Federal Reserve vaults !!!!

What IS Texas up to?

Texas To Remove One Billion In Gold From NY Fed’s Vault

During 2011 an endowment which oversees funds held by the University of Texas System and Texas A&M University, had taken possession of physical 6,643 bars of bullion gold, or 664,300 ounces, in a Comex-registered vault in New York owned by HSBC, a London-based bank (as opposed to ‘paper gold’ as in the Exchange-traded Fund, ‘GLD’).

And now, in 2015, Texas Governor Greg Abbott has signed a bill (HB 483) into law on Friday, June 12, that will allow Texas to build a gold and silver bullion depository. In addition, Texas will repatriate their $1 billion worth of bullion from the Federal Reserve in New York to the new facility once completed.

The writing is on the wall – institutions are losing faith and trust – and are transitioning or converting into ‘physical’ ‘real’ money, before it’s too late…

Friday, June 12, 2015 • Austin, Texas • Signature Statement

Governor Greg Abbott today signed House Bill 483 (Capriglione, R-Southlake; Kolkhorst, R-Brenham) to establish a state gold bullion depository administered by the Office of the Comptroller. The law will repatriate $1 billion of gold bullion from the Federal Reserve in New York to Texas. The bullion depository will serve as the custodian, guardian and administrator of bullion that may be transferred to or otherwise acquired by the State of Texas. Governor Abbott issued the following statement:

Governor's website confirmation

Trust No One !!

edit on Jun-15-2015 by xuenchen because: [__ /- __]

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm sure they can request it, but it doesn't mean they will necessarily get it, right? Didn't Germany try to get some of their gold back recently too? By recent, I mean last couple years..

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Time for a regime change! We need to liberate those unfortunate, oppressed Texans from their tyrannical government. I heard a nurse say that the Texas National Guard was going around to hospitals and killing babies. We have evidence that the governor of Texas has been stockpiling chemical weapons. Signs of mass graves have been spotted near the Rio Grande.

We need to do something! We should start with a no-fly zone over Texas.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Don't forget the Sanctioned Sanctions...

You have to try to starve dying babies so they know which side is good for their future..

We must not let people escape our own influence so easily.

ha.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Time for a regime change! We need to liberate those unfortunate, oppressed Texans from their tyrannical government. I heard a nurse say that the Texas National Guard was going around to hospitals and killing babies. We have evidence that the governor of Texas has been stockpiling chemical weapons. Signs of mass graves have been spotted near the Rio Grande.

We need to do something! We should start with a no-fly zone over Texas.

This sounds like a satire. Do you have any links or data to back up your claims?

Des

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
They could ask to get it.....

Assuming the FED has it...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well, if they can actually get it, this would be the first steps in Texas becoming a sovereign nation.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Yeah des it is.
Turning the what we say to start a war over in the middle east on Texas.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

you are right...I think they signed an agreement to get it all back over a period of several years...and last thread on it I remember I thought said they only had about half of what they were supposed to get or something...Ill try to find the threads.

to OP: great find. I actually think this is a huge sign of the times. There was some banter awhile back with Texas politicians talking about seceding. If they were to indeed try something like this theyd have to first get everything order. Gold would be one of those things. Interesting to watch and keep an eye on. Although the odds of any real secession are slim to none.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Can you blame the state of Texas?

Would YOU trust the federal government with your possessions?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
They could ask to get it.....

Assuming the FED has it...

Exactly. Rumor has it, the vault is void of gold.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

This is the Federal Reserve not the Federal government. The Reserve is privately owned.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

Exactly. Rumor has it, the vault is void of gold.

Rumors they have it vs rumors they do not..
It really makes someone wonder where the gold IS.. Or if it ever was..
To me stories of asking for gold are just for the effect of not being able to get said gold.

I have trouble caring except for the fact almost everybody relies on the economy to eat.

I'd imagine I would hide all the gold having taken it in trade for renewable resources like humans/time/labor/paper....
Then I would introduce it again after a worldwide crash as to be the sole powerhouse in the world, thus controlling everything until such a time humans don't find value in gold.. By then I would have everything else they value most..

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

This is the Federal Reserve not the Federal government. The Reserve is privately owned.

True, Buster. Federal Government, Bankers... only thing they have in common: Can't trust 'em.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Uh huh...

6 of one, half dozen of the other. If you honestly think the Federal Reserve doesn't answer to the Federal govn't and vice versa, I have a bridge and some water-front property to sell you.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm sure they can request it, but it doesn't mean they will necessarily get it, right? Didn't Germany try to get some of their gold back recently too? By recent, I mean last couple years..

Germany did try, and got nothing at first, but I think they are now getting some but not all, in long stages. It looks like Texas is copping on now too.
edit on 15-6-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Uh huh...

6 of one, half dozen of the other. If you honestly think the Federal Reserve doesn't answer to the Federal govn't and vice versa, I have a bridge and some water-front property to sell you.

No doubt they're in bed together! I remember finding out that the Federal Reserve was not a government agency... that the name was likely chosen to give people that impression, and hence a false sense of security. HAH! Like that makes any sense, LoL. Maybe that was true at it's inception, but I think we're all past that delusion by now. Ama right, people?!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I find the timing of the mini series "Texas Rising" about the Texas Revolution, interesting. Tensions are brewing in Texas, there is no doubt.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightFire
Well, if they can actually get it, this would be the first steps in Texas becoming a sovereign nation.

G.day mate/
would this not put Texas back where she started from.
what would ROY ROGERS and GABBY HAYES say
crikey what will the RANGER say
on a serious note from someone outside looking in
your Union appears to be in the same broken down leaking boat that the Aussie Commonwealth is in
Good luck Texas

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: knightlight
The gold has been handed over to the ETs. Soon all of the rest will be confiscated and handed over.
Once all of the gold that could be mined and collected has been, Project Humans will be complete.

At that point we will no longer have the protection that we've enjoyed for the past 200,000 years or so.

Game over.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join