It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas To Remove One Billion In Gold From NY Fed’s Vault

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Pft. The Federal Reserve has no gold to give. Smart move by Texas, but entirely too late.

Even Fort Knox has been empty over a decade.

Any blocks delivered will be fraudulent.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Until everyone calls in for their gold, which won't even happen, the US will continue to keep giving the gold they've taken in from others, to those who are requesting it out... Sounds like a Ponzi Scheme to me in a way... Would be interesting to see what would unfold if everyone demanded their gold back. The Fed Govt. would scramble, and soon all would collapse..
edit on 15-6-2015 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Back in early 2013, Texas Gov. Rick Perry was supporting a bill that would return the state’s $1 billion in gold reserves stored by the Federal Reserve (at a vault in New York) back to the state. This move was prompted by the bank runs taking place in the Mediterranean-island country of Cyprus. The sponsor of the bill, State Rep. Giovanni Capriglione said, “For us to have our own gold, a lot of the runs on the bank and those types of things, they happen because people are worried that there’s nothing there to back it up.” ( source: www.wnd.com... )

Texas wants its gold back, and stands ready to start
accepting bullion deposits of its own for safe keeping
as well as gold from foreign nations.

Gold accumulation is happening at a very astounding rate – and the repatriation of gold by foreign nations, and now states, is setting a tense deadline for the most massive currency war ever seen on a global scale.

A game of musical chairs has begun, and someone will be left standing when the music stops.

Texas has just taken it up a notch, with a high profile move to keep its gold holdings at home for safe keeping and strong collateral.
______beforeitsnews/survival/2015/06/the-ultimate-call-will-federal-reserve-be-caught-without-gold-in-repatriation-rush-2572462.html

I'm waiting for TexasCoin (a Bitcoin clone).

edit on 15-6-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka

"TexCoin"

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Answer
Can you blame the state of Texas?

Would YOU trust the federal government with your possessions?

This is the Federal Reserve not the Federal government. The Reserve is privately owned.

Well TECHNICALLY it is owned by both private interests and the government.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
There was a thread back on June, 3rd about this.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
They could ask to get it.....

Assuming the FED has it...

We can assume the FED doesn't have it.

Federal Reserve Admits “We Have NO Gold”
investmentwatchblog.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
During 2011 an endowment which oversees funds held by the University of Texas System and Texas A&M University, had taken possession of physical 6,643 bars of bullion gold, or 664,300 ounces, in a Comex-registered vault in New York owned by HSBC, a London-based bank (as opposed to ‘paper gold’ as in the Exchange-traded Fund, ‘GLD’).

Store your gold here in the Bank of England vaults Texas.
We apparently hold 4600 tons of the stuff here, although only around 310 tons of it is ours (just shy of 10 million ounces), but it's a safe place to put it.

We've got history as well, we allowed more import from you than export after you won independence from Mexico, even if we couldn't really officially recognise your republic because it went against our laws which banned slavery and also threatened our trading relationship with Mexico. We just traded on the sly though, and you were close to getting yourself an embassy in London.

You have roughly a third of our population.
Our GDP is roughly double yours.
Your landmass is roughly three times ours.

It sounds a crazy team, but I think the differences complement each other.
Come join us, ship your gold to the Bank of England for safekeeping and we can conquer the world!

edit on 15.6.2015 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: wasaka

"TexCoin"

With Texas having it's own Electric Grid,
this could bigger than Bitcoin.

rt.com...

Texas Banking Commissioner Charles G. Cooper offered a regulatory guidance memo last week (April 2014), which clarified that cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Litecoin, Peercoin, and Namecoin will not be considered sovereign currency, like legal tender backed by the government and central banks, in the state.

edit on 15-6-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Haven't we already discussed this? So TX is building a gold depository - a place in which they'll store gold for other people/govenments/coporations. So what? Texas is building a bank. You know that the gold they store there does not belong to them, right?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

This is the Federal Reserve not the Federal government. The Reserve is privately owned.

Uh huh...

6 of one, half dozen of the other. If you honestly think the Federal Reserve doesn't answer to the Federal govn't and vice versa, I have a bridge and some water-front property to sell you.

You apparently think just because it has the word Federal it's run by the government. If it were run by the government don't you think we would at least be able to audit them when the government wanted to do a audit.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Would be a sneaky way to clamp down on illegal immigration.
They could just elect Chuck Norris to do his daily jog along the border as a sovereign citizen of the Country of Texas.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I wonder will they build it on Elm street in Dallas

stranger things have happened

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

Actually in addition to the Gold depository and reserve, the bill Gov. Abbott signed also specifically mentions that Gold and Silver are legal tender, and that the federal Government has no authority to confiscate, repatriate, etc. any of said legal tender from us folks here in Texas.

This is a bigger move than "just a bank" - it allows Texas to move further along the road to independence from an inevitable US Economic Collapse...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

What would we call the Texas currency? I like Texcoin for pennies, but what about Alamos or Crocketts in place of 'dollars'...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

What would we call the Texas currency? I like Texcoin for pennies, but what about Alamos or Crocketts in place of 'dollars'...

Sounds good !!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Texas f'd over California in the electrical power supply crime a few years ago, billions were stolen...Texas can go to hell for all I care, i wish the feds would go in there and confiscate all the oil wells for "national security"....

this is one of their congressman, and his page of intelligent Quotes.....this is what gets elected when you have STUPID VOTERS.
www.google.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Uh huh...

6 of one, half dozen of the other. If you honestly think the Federal Reserve doesn't answer to the Federal govn't and vice versa, I have a bridge and some water-front property to sell you.

You apparently think just because it has the word Federal it's run by the government. If it were run by the government don't you think we would at least be able to audit them when the government wanted to do a audit.

Wording has nothing to do with it. Control of the U.S. government by the mega banks and the entanglement of money in politics is what I'm talking about.

Both entities are answering to the same power structure.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Yep, we have similar types in the UK, come join us Texas!
Store your gold in the vaults of the Bank of England, we'll have free trade together so you can access the EU when we screw a better deal out of them and we can access the USA as you screw a better deal on your side of the Atlantic, the US can hate you and the EU can hate us. Perfect economic sense.
...maybe we can advocate a new gold standard?

*Edit*
No sarcasm/irony in this post at all, I would chase Texas as an ally over the EU if it was the more beneficial option, every time.

edit on 15.6.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

I'm sure they can request it, but it doesn't mean they will necessarily get it, right? Didn't Germany try to get some of their gold back recently too? By recent, I mean last couple years..

You are correct and why would they have to wait? I don't think the NY FED has it! I think the Germans have been ripped off and Texas too!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join