It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof - new TV series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
There's a new show starting on TNT June 16 called Proof. I'm going to watch the pilot and see if I like it.
It's about life after death.
From what I've seen, a woman's son dies (not sure how) but apparently she takes part in a medical experiment to try to connect with or find him on the other side.

Looks like it might be worth a watch.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: maybee

Here's the trailer for anyone interested.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Thanks. Looks spooky and full of "people you're not suppose to talk to" types.

I'm a Christian and just really interested into how biblical and science will be taken on in this.

Not going to get too excited though cause I don't watch a lot of shows and the ones that I really like seem to get cancelled. Lol.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Could be fun, I wonder how they'll manage to prolong the show when it's based around one premise. To have it stretched through multiple series might lead to a 'Lost' type situation.

Will be checking it out though.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Discussions or TV shows of "life after death" seems like a closed loop. And it is when view in those simple, start and stop words we use to judge the Universe. Suppose neither descriptive term is correct and only stem from what we believe looking from the trapped position of life?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Thanks for the trailer.

Looks interesting. I hope they don't get too far out there. It's always nice to see shows like this take a more scientific approach, and then extrapolate the fringe possibilities from there. Though I'm always willing to entertain the out there possibilities too. Our sciences have a long way to go in areas like this, but I think with time, we'll understand a lot more than we do now.

edit on 6/15/2015 by klassified because: need to re-read before posting more often

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I think it's impossible for the mortal mind to actually grasp eternal life. I also think it's like that for a reason. That being, it's so amazing that we might try to exit this life before we are suppose to.

I do think even with all our faults, God created us in such a way that prevents this knowledge.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Looks really good!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I saw some sort of inside-look trailer that said it was going to explore many different beliefs and possibilities and let the audience decide for themselves.

Very cool! I'm glad you posted this. Looks like it's tomorrow and I forgot all about this!

I'll see if I can find that other video I was referring to!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Here it is!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: maybee
Thanks. Looks spooky and full of "people you're not suppose to talk to" types.

I'm a Christian and just really interested into how biblical and science will be taken on in this.

Not going to get too excited though cause I don't watch a lot of shows and the ones that I really like seem to get cancelled. Lol.

G,day sport
have not heard the show mentioned down here.
but then again i dont watch much.
although in saying that i have enjoyed several cancelled shows
due south
eureka
northern exposure
but the only two shows for your loc. i enjoy watching at the moment is
last man standing
and i get a buzz out of the ending of NCIS L.A.
why. well you get to hear the old aussie bush call cooee
have taught my 2 and a half year old grand daughter to do cooee
she does it and does a little giggle
take care pronto

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Looks ok worth a watch at least, Decent concept.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: maybee
This ended up being a decent little pilot. I have no idea how they're going to get past the first season, though. You can only run the cast through so many cases before you run out of material. Thanks for posting it.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Going from the interview with the show producer, it doesn't seem as if the show itself is going to ever come to a conclusion about the other side, always leaving it up to the audience. Not so sure that's wise.

There are certainly some interesting cases to draw from though. Certainly enough to have convinced me that whatever is next, it isn't just "poof".... even science, if we consider Conservation of Energy, etc. Heaven or Hell, reincarnation, etc., etc. or maybe even just the way our own souls deal with it (if we even have them).... A lot of possibilities, but not going with one seems to be a bit of a cop out for a show.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Going from the interview with the show producer, it doesn't seem as if the show itself is going to ever come to a conclusion about the other side, always leaving it up to the audience. Not so sure that's wise.

It's fictional....

There are certainly some interesting cases to draw from though. Certainly enough to have convinced me that whatever is next, it isn't just "poof".... even science, if we consider Conservation of Energy, etc. Heaven or Hell, reincarnation, etc., etc. or maybe even just the way our own souls deal with it (if we even have them).... A lot of possibilities, but not going with one seems to be a bit of a cop out for a show.

It's a TV show, do you have to push your beliefs here too?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Decaf maybe?

Pushing belief? My comment listed possibilities and speculations... Relax man, all good here.

Totally get that it's a TV show, but just seems like a cop-out to leave it to the viewer to decide vs. establishing a mythos for the show is what I meant. Still, it is all in the depiction, so who knows, it may just work. Can't really make a call on it until seeing the first episode.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok
Gazrok, do you realize you are, like, my television guru? Honestly, I've always had some kind of weird relationship with TV programming; and never know what to watch. Except for news and documentaries, and a few sit coms. I'm somewhat challenged for some reason, in television world.

People had to tell me to watch "Lost", and then I saw a thread about it you were posting on about it, and you became my instant guru. Such in-depth analysis!

Friends had to make me watch Lost!, and then I loved it. People had to strongly recommend "Breaking Bad", which I became addicted to. Same with Dexter, and my fascination with that show was almost limitless. I would never have thought to watch any of them without those rather strong and encouraging suggestions.

Honestly, I wish you'd keep a running thread on what you are watching to give those of us without direction, some direction and recommendations. Now I want to watch 'Proof". So, check.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
LOL, thanks. I'm not sure what makes me more qualified than anyone else (actually nothing, lol).....but could just be that I'm such a stereotypical geek/nerd, that it's pretty much guaranteed a lot of my favorites are going to be the same as others'....

Some shows I watch now:

The Whispers
Wayward Pines
Orange is the New Black (mostly, I'm a pig, so for the lesbians, but it is an interesting show)
Defiance (just tricky, as nobody else in the house is a big fan)
The Last Ship

Some shows that were good, that just ended (for good, or for season):

The Following
Dexter
Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
American Horror Story (any of them, different theme each season)
True Blood
V (the reboot and the old mini-series)
The Strain
Under the Dome

Ones coming up, that I'm excited about:

Fear the Walking Dead
Wet Hot American Summer (loved the movie, now a small series)
The Muppets (nostalgia)
American Horror Story: Hotel
Scream Queens
edit on 25-6-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

join