It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philae is alive , has called home from Comet 67P

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Neat that we shot a bullet at a golfball and got the bullet to land on the ball.

That is the best description I've seen of this amazing accomplishment. Good to hear the thing woke up. As for the Electric Universe fans, put a sock(et) in it.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Can't beat a bit of Philae Collins to celebrate the occasion.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: 0bserver1

Can't beat a bit of Philae Collins to celebrate the occasion.

That, plus a nice Philae mignon and a class of cabernet sauvignon.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: occamsrazor04

Because so far the Rosetta mission has completely debunked and invalidated the Electric Comet theory.

How?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Wonder what the meaning of the glyphs are in the tweeted image? Seems an odd thing to include in the picture.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Here's a closer look , I noticed them yesterday but thought perhaps the lander was marking time , but it's been asleep and the closer look seems to discount that.

I agree it is a bit odd , there must be a meaning.

edit on 15-6-2015 by gortex because: forgot pic

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Wish there was a hi-res pic of that to see what they are drawings of. The dark grey one on the bottom looks like a QR scan code.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is great news. Now, please start sending back some pictures!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I found a better one on the ESA website , here's a closer look at that one.

I think they're awards.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Yeah...appears so. Just found this in their video about the landing:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
That's right. .

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This is such great news. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Two pages of one line exclamations lol could someone take a quick sectioned to explain to a non science person Luke myself what philae is, electric comet means, what is going on, and what this means? I mean real simple...or if it's too complex I'd be happy with that answer

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: occamsrazor04

originally posted by: GaryN
a reply to: grainofsand

I wonder if any of the 'electric universe' people smiled or were disappointed at hearing that we may learn some more evidence based information about comets now?

Why would they be disappointed? Anyone, 'electric universe' or 'old school' should be happy and hoping for much more scientific information to be returned.

Because so far the Rosetta mission has completely debunked and invalidated the Electric Comet theory. More evidence will further debunk it. Already numerous threads going into that issue.

I was actually looking up Philae yesterday, no news, and today .. NEWS!

So,is it a snowball or is it solid rock?Seems to me the snowball theory has been debunked.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

Not according to the team studying it:

blogs.esa.int...

Looking at the results of the thermal mapper and the probe together, the team have made the preliminary assessment that the upper layers of the comet’s surface consist of dust of 10–20 cm thickness, overlaying mechanically strong ice or ice and dust mixtures.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
Two pages of one line exclamations lol could someone take a quick sectioned to explain to a non science person Luke myself what philae is, electric comet means, what is going on, and what this means? I mean real simple...or if it's too complex I'd be happy with that answer

Philae is the landing module of the Rosetta space probe. It is the first spacecraft to make a soft landing on a comet.

Electric comet (universe) proponents are a bunch of cranks claiming that physics has got all wrong, and everything is ought to be explained by electromagnetic fields.
In their view there is no gravity. The sun is not powered by nuclear fusion. Craters and canyons on planets have been created by electric discharges. Comets are pieces ripped out of planets and not dirty snowballs.

Rosetta and Philae have shown that 67P has a very low density and almost no magnetic field, neither have there been any electric discharges.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

Philae is the landing module of the Rosetta space probe. It is the first spacecraft to make a soft landing on a comet.

Electric comet (universe) proponents are a bunch of cranks claiming that physics has got all wrong, and everything is ought to be explained by electromagnetic fields.
In their view there is no gravity. The sun is not powered by nuclear fusion. Craters and canyons on planets have been created by electric discharges. Comets are pieces ripped out of planets and not dirty snowballs.

Rosetta and Philae have shown that 67P has a very low density and almost no magnetic field, neither have there been any electric discharges.

There is so much wrong with your assesment I think you must clearly be ill informed.

EU does not claim there is no Gravity
Craters and canyons MAY have been created by an EDM process. There is no requirement that they MUST be so.

No comet has been shown to be a "dirty snowball' . They are all rocky bodies with craters. While the low density does imply that the rock is porous that is not inconsistent with the electric comet theory.
No magnetic field on the comet has no bearing on EU. The electric comet theory is not based on the magnetic field of the object only its charge density. Funny you should mention the magnetic field because the findings are not consistent with what the ESA team expected to see either..

More evidence that the process is electrical and not simple melting of ice as the standard model predicts

"A close-up of Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko by NASA's ultraviolet instrument surprised scientists by revealing that electrons close to the comet's surface -- not photons from the sun as had been believed -- cause the rapid breakup of water and carbon dioxide molecules spewing from the surface."

edit on 16-6-2015 by Dragoon01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

originally posted by: occamsrazor04

originally posted by: GaryN
a reply to: grainofsand

I wonder if any of the 'electric universe' people smiled or were disappointed at hearing that we may learn some more evidence based information about comets now?

Why would they be disappointed? Anyone, 'electric universe' or 'old school' should be happy and hoping for much more scientific information to be returned.

Because so far the Rosetta mission has completely debunked and invalidated the Electric Comet theory. More evidence will further debunk it. Already numerous threads going into that issue.

I was actually looking up Philae yesterday, no news, and today .. NEWS!

So,is it a snowball or is it solid rock?Seems to me the snowball theory has been debunked.

Neither. It's not solid rock, it would actually float if it landed in a lake. It's not a snowball, that is never what the standard theory said. It's a conglomerate of rock and icy material. Guess what. They have discovered exactly that. Rock and icy material.

EU theory said it was the same as a meteor, it's 100% false and proven so. As I said, it would float in water.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Philae "waking up" is certainly a nice surprise. What's more surprising, however, is that there are actually still people arguing in favor of EU. I thought everyone had moved past that joke of a "theory" by now.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dragoon01

originally posted by: moebius

There is so much wrong with your assesment I think you must clearly be ill informed.

EU does not claim there is no Gravity
Craters and canyons MAY have been created by an EDM process. There is no requirement that they MUST be so.

No comet has been shown to be a "dirty snowball' . They are all rocky bodies with craters. While the low density does imply that the rock is porous that is not inconsistent with the electric comet theory.
No magnetic field on the comet has no bearing on EU. The electric comet theory is not based on the magnetic field of the object only its charge density. Funny you should mention the magnetic field because the findings are not consistent with what the ESA team expected to see either..

More evidence that the process is electrical and not simple melting of ice as the standard model predicts

"A close-up of Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko by NASA's ultraviolet instrument surprised scientists by revealing that electrons close to the comet's surface -- not photons from the sun as had been believed -- cause the rapid breakup of water and carbon dioxide molecules spewing from the surface."

And if you had some basic physics education, you would know that an observer moving relative to an electrically charged body (like Rosetta and Philae on its descend) would measure a magnetic field.

Gravity in EU by Thornhill himself:
www.holoscience.com...

and here, starts at 31:00:
www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join