It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the orbs? My UFO story.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
After reading a lot of great information here from Zaphod and Astr0, I've moved over into the "legit UFO's are mostly advanced black projects" category of belief. I was previously in the agnostic crowd and basically accepted that I have no idea what they are.

I have a question based on the following personal sighting:

My girlfriend and I were driving on a very rural stretch of 4-lane highway shortly after dark. The specific area has mostly soybean fields and catfish farm ponds. We made this drive often when I was in college. There was about 40 yards of grass between the highway and the tree-line. The skies were clear and the temp was around 75 degrees F.

A green ball of light appeared about 20 feet above the treetops. When I say appeared, I mean it wasn't there and then it was there. It floated straight down toward the trees and as it got closer to the trees, it arched into a horizontal flight path and floated past the tree tops out of sight. Size, I would guess 2-3 feet diameter. The ball was not reflecting light, it was glowing with its own light source and the light was consistent over the whole shape. It wasn't emitting a glow around it, that I could tell. The edges were crisp like it was a solid round shape, not just a blob of light. It looked like this glow in the dark bouncy ball:

We were both quiet at the time and a few seconds after we passed it, my GF asked "did you see that?" I said "yep". "What was it?" I replied "I think we just saw a UFO." We both saw exactly the same thing.

The flight characteristics suggest that it was under intelligent control. Its movement seemed very deliberate. I've seen plenty of photos of ball lightening, and it was not that.

My question is, if UFO sightings can mostly be chalked up to secret military aircraft... what the hell are the balls of light?

edit on 6/12/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

My question is, if UFO sightings can mostly be chalked up to secret military aircraft… what the hell are the balls of light?

If its military it wouldn't be "lit up" like that. They run silent, they run dark. If its military. Your own subjective conclusion about the source not withstanding, did it just float or drift with the wind? Did it make right angle turns, shoot off in some direction faster than earth tech possible?

When you could't see it anymore, was that because you lost sight or because it left?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I've long thought they were recon drones.

For a while I thought maybe Chinese or Russian when I saw a whole fleet fly over the River Thames.

Now I think they may be Western.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

First off, you self-limit the answers/explanations that you are open to accepting. You report your sighting in honest earnestness but ignore tons of genuine UFO data made over the decades by people just like you and your GF. See the hypocrisy?

I don't know of a single aviation authority on ATS that has done much but offer mild suggestions about triangles. They don't for a very good reason, such devices are atypical to any form of aircraft that we use or have in late development (as far as the public is concerned). But as I argue day in and day out and will continue to do so--having seen a triangle myself--the triangles are real and they are ours, but their parentage goes back to genuine alien UFO power plants. That fact is why they can't tell us about their development. That situation explains why the Russians, Chinese and any other country can be and probably are well aware of our triangles, and the American public isn't. I have a thread on ATS relavent to the isssue: Black Triangles: The Worst Kept Secret.
edit on 12-6-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

My question is, if UFO sightings can mostly be chalked up to secret military aircraft... what the hell are the balls of light? 

I wander around with the same question. I've seen those light balls several times and I couldn't understand why UFO'S would betray themselves with the amount of light they show in the night sky. Now recently someone put a thread up about a midair lazer that could project text or other symbols into mid air.
After seeing that I began to think that maybe these UFO'S work on the same principles only more advanced. Some replied that this could lead to a Precursor of a some kind of shield and right away I thought this could be it.

So I think it's some kind of surrounding shield build up from a advanced midair laser.
That's why they show so much light , the shield produces the amount of light.

If they takeoff the light stops and they're gone imo. .
edit on 0b49America/ChicagoFri, 12 Jun 2015 16:56:49 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 12 Jun 2015 16:56:49 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

We see an anomalous event. Each event could have many explanations. They could all be from different sources . To assume, that a ball of light , in an obscure rural place .Is a military experiment, seems a bit out there, as why would they conduct an experiment in the sticks without backup. The only thing that comes to mind, if it seems under intelligent control ,it probably is, so its some sort of vehicle for conveying intelligence around.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
lots of those in east texas.....3 am was for sure getting an eyeful.....with binocs even
edit on 12-6-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

My question is, if UFO sightings can mostly be chalked up to secret military aircraft… what the hell are the balls of light?

If its military it wouldn't be "lit up" like that. They run silent, they run dark. If its military. Your own subjective conclusion about the source not withstanding, did it just float or drift with the wind? Did it make right angle turns, shoot off in some direction faster than earth tech possible?

When you could't see it anymore, was that because you lost sight or because it left?

I agree that it wouldn't be lit up if they're trying to sneak around.

It floated... it was definitely moving under its own power. It didn't flutter around like a balloon or some other lighter-than-air object.

It didn't make right-angle turns, it made a gradual sloping descent to level-off with the trees. Imagine an aircraft that's doing a vertical dive and arcs into a horizontal path level with the horizon... that's what it did but not at an insane speed. It moved around as though, and this is just the distinct impression I got, it was "observing." Not ridiculously slow but not so fast that it would miss what it's looking for.

I lost sight of it because it moved far enough away that the tops of the trees blocked my view of it.
edit on 6/12/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

First off, you self-limit the answers/explanations that you are open to accepting. You report your sighting in honest earnestness but ignore tons of genuine UFO data made over the decades by people just like you and your GF. See the hypocrisy?

I don't know of a single aviation authority on ATS that has done much but offer mild suggestions about triangles. They don't for a very good reason, such devices are atypical to any form of aircraft that we use or have in late development (as far as the public is concerned). But as I argue day in and day out and will continue to do so--having seen a triangle myself--the triangles are real and they are ours, but their parentage goes back to genuine alien UFO power plants. That fact is why they can't tell us about their development. That situation explains why the Russians, Chinese and any other country can be and probably are well aware of our triangles, and the American public isn't. I have a thread on ATS relavent to the isssue: Black Triangles: The Worst Kept Secret.

I didn't say I would only accept a military/earthly explanation. I said that I'm leaning that way with the majority of sightings but it doesn't explain the ball of light phenomenon unless the military has some very wacky surveillance drones that they use in random places.

If you've only seen mild suggestions about triangles, you haven't been reading the same threads I have.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I have footage of these things , I filmed last year at 50 fps on my canon550D
im in the process of stabilization atm, *tripod fail* but this thread seems on topic enough to post it into

it may take some time though, busy this weekend, but I will post a still in a mo

it shows characteristics of which you describe

a sneek peek

fullsize

camera settings:~

Aspect ratio 3:2
Image Quality RAW
Flash Off
FE lock OFF
White Balance Mode Auto
AF Mode AI Focus AF
AF area select mode Automatic selection
Picture Style Auto
Sharpness 3
Contrast 0
Saturation 0
Color tone 0
Color Space sRGB
Long exposure noise reduction Disable
High ISO speed noise reduction Standard
Highlight tone priority 0
isable
Auto Lighting Optimizer Standard
Peripheral illumination correction Enable
Chromatic aberration correction Enable
Dust Delete Data No
File Size 20413KB
Drive Mode Single shooting
Live View Shooting OFFAspect ratio 3:2
Image Quality RAW
Flash Off
FE lock OFF
White Balance Mode Auto
AF Mode AI Focus AF
AF area select mode Automatic selection
Picture Style Auto
Sharpness 3
Contrast 0
Saturation 0
Color tone 0
Color Space sRGB
Long exposure noise reduction Disable
High ISO speed noise reduction Standard
Highlight tone priority 0
isable
Auto Lighting Optimizer Standard
Peripheral illumination correction Enable
Chromatic aberration correction Enable
Dust Delete Data No
File Size 20413KB
Drive Mode Single shooting
Live View Shooting OFF

I was in a hurry so many of the setting would have not been so automated , ill have some video ready by next weekish

funbox
edit on 12-6-2015 by funbox because: balloon?!? riding wolves

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I don't know if there is a manmade version of this. But in the ufo department, orbs are many things.

Sometimes they're the entity or being in person, and a large one would be on angelic higher level proportions. Golf ball size may be more expected.

But there are probes, or technology that assists in checkups and abductions and also monitors everything, ie the exact number of fish in the stream, 10 minutes ago, now and 10 minutes later. Detailed data taking.

If that was connected to a real ufo, and without knowing of a manmade version, I would guess it was, you guys were probably aboard a craft. When UFO's are involved, though often most people don't remember details, they have missing time, but there is always more to the story and its personal. There are no accidental sightings, except for the rare occasions of a ufo over a stadium, over the white house, where it may be trying to garner attention and wake some folk up. But even over a stadium, would suspect they all got missing time or time splices, and they all got checkups. They can give planet earth missing time or time splice if needed. And they do. Because everyone gets checkups, and usually from various sides and groups.

edit on 12-6-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Hello i have seen orbs too at close range maybe about10 metres in front of a parked car in a very remote place. The ball was the size of a large football and yellow in colour. It gave off a blue glow that lit up the area for a couple of metres in each direction.

It was following the road up and came infront of the vehicle and took a sharp turn over to the hills. It had a lovely gliding movement to it.

Second time an orb was at the same place it made my eyes seap water and my sinisus hurt. Both times my girlfriend was with me. Theres more to the events than the above but thats it in a nutshell.
I think i saw a living thing and it made me think we share the planet with things we are not aware off...

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
So, guess what?

This thread creeped me out completely.

I have seen the same exact thing.

I never thought anyone would ever produce a picture that resembles exactly what I saw. I lived at the top of the street and my tomboy girlfriend at age 14 lived at the bottom. We were walking to my place one night when we noticed this perfectly round green sphere accelerating away from us in the sky. It has been my one and only truly unexplainable sight which led me to the whole UFO conspiracy.

EDIT: This is the picture I posted in a previous thread.

edit on 12-6-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
I don't know if there is a manmade version of this. But in the ufo department, orbs are many things.

Sometimes they're the entity or being in person, and a large one would be on angelic higher level proportions. Golf ball size may be more expected.

But there are probes, or technology that assists in checkups and abductions and also monitors everything, ie the exact number of fish in the stream, 10 minutes ago, now and 10 minutes later. Detailed data taking.

If that was connected to a real ufo, and without knowing of a manmade version, I would guess it was, you guys were probably aboard a craft. When UFO's are involved, though often most people don't remember details, they have missing time, but there is always more to the story and its personal. There are no accidental sightings, except for the rare occasions of a ufo over a stadium, over the white house, where it may be trying to garner attention and wake some folk up. But even over a stadium, would suspect they all got missing time or time splices, and they all got checkups. They can give planet earth missing time or time splice if needed. And they do. Because everyone gets checkups, and usually from various sides and groups.

No missing time or weird experiences for us that night. It was about as eventful as seeing a deer on the side of the road. We definitely didn't get worked up about it because the whole "sighting" was very matter-of-fact like "oh look, a flying green ball... that's different." It happened 10 years ago.

I had an experience a month or so ago which seemed very much like an abduction but it was unlike any abduction story I've ever heard.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I saw something similar over Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado Springs 2011. Both Red and Green. If I knew what they were or could tell you what they were, someone would probably shoot us both! Ha Ha! Oh, and they were not the red and green flashing lights like you see on an slowly moving airplane in the distance, believe me I'm not that stupid to confuse what an orb looks like as opposed to 767 making an approach, or even an f-22 for that matter. And I'm not the only one who saw it!
edit on 12-6-2015 by TheChrome because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2015 by TheChrome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

You saw an unidentified flying object or maybe unidentified aerial phenomena is a more close-fitting term? Your description reminds me more of anecdotal accounts of ball lightning than anything else. I wrote a thread about ball lightning and UFOs that wondered how many UFO reports were actually ball lightning.

I would love to see what you saw.

When people see an example of ball lightning, they can interpret it through their own natural filters of perception. That floating orb is a demon, a spirit, a nature faerie or an alien device depending on how our mind is set up. I won't push too hard on the BL explanation because it's still a rare phenomena and there are probably more annual reports of disc-shaped objects than BL. One is taken seriously and the other is pushed away...

Still, here's a video showing ball lightning footage with standard silly soundtrack. The clips are intriguing and have all been on UFO and ghost documentaries which kinda supports my point that we impose our beliefs on something we don't understand.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I've seen a few UAPs myself (unidentified aerial phenomena - a more accurate, all-encompassing term). Only on video though, unfortunately, and only tiny ones. Which leads the skeptic to the inescapable conclusion that they 'must' be dust, or bugs, or else some sort of photographic anomaly.

If that's the case...why aren't they more abundant? Why don't we see them all the time on video footage, or at least more frequently than we do? After all, dust and bugs are everywhere! I believe orbs are a real phenomenon for this simple reason. What they are I don't pretend to know, but the alien UFO theory is a bit of a stretch for me.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I watched the video and compared it to what I saw, and it is not even close. The lights at 1:17-1:39 seem like they could be an airplane in the distance. I did see an extremely bright white orb race across the sky (moving upward instead of downward) from behind Cheyenne Mountain in a matter of seconds which was probably similar to the brightness of the object at 3:46, but at the speed of :09 (moving left to right) in the video. What I saw was two to four objects colored green and red moving at a much more rapid pace, in many more directions than this video. My roommate who is a veteran, got scared and said "whatever it is, I'm not supposed to know about it" and went inside.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
What are the orbs? Phew............. There's been quite a bit of theory on that one. I really don't go down the military route, at least not the conventional military operated by us. Nah, they are seen from now back to the earliest recorded time. What we do know, talking from experience, is they are out there largely in white or amber orange types, lesser seen in metallic, green, blue, yellow, red (lighthouse type with the laser beam facility). They come on size mostly the size of a basketball, down to golf ball size, up to cow size. They can morph into other shapes than orbs, they can fuse together and create a bigger mass, they can not just float along but travel at very fast and straight paths and can stop in an instant a few inches in front of your eyes after travelling towards you at the speed of a bullet. They can change into angle grinder white types with molten metal pouring off them and then turn into a white orb that isn't normal white but the whitest most radiant white light that is almost undescribably amazing and beautiful. Can organise above your heads into a perfect circle of twenty or so pairs, each pair an orange, a red , a green, a yellow. Are connected with massive radiant white motherships that literally roar like an animal and circle you and as they depart leave a cotton wool/angel hair type substance that slowly descends from the heavens. They also leave you full of wonder and actually enlightenment and change you for the better seeing Planet Earth and all its majesty as one incredibly beautiful thing and see through all the materialism junk that is thrown at us and see love in everything. The orbs are good

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Imagine an aircraft that's doing a vertical dive and arcs into a horizontal path level with the horizon…

Thats called (pushing in radius of turn). Earth tech uses aerodynamics, they must tilt the wings (or thrusters) to begin turning in atmosphere. These other type things don't.

So, military (or hobby), it sounds earth tech. But I wasn't there, cool to speculate with unknowns.

When you see the real deal you will know it, trust me. The reveal themselves to those they want to, imo, the reasoning behind it I can only conclude is purposeful and not just "showing off".
edit on 13-6-2015 by intrptr because: spelling, change

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join