It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are the leader of our future interstellar race...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Oh Captain Kirk would know the answer to this. Observe the Prime Directive!
Star Trek has already explored this. If I were in charge I would send a carefully guarded hello, ensuring that such communication is not traceable back to Earth to begin with. However that being said, the cat is already let out of the bag with radio and tv broadcasts being transmitted into space since the 1920's/1930s. Quite honestly they have more to fear of us than we do of them. We are a warlike aggressive species and probably regarded as the North Korea of the cosmic community of which we are currently excluded thus far!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Temudjin

What If they did? what If they were chicken people? and they tasted sooooo good.
Or Panda people I bet they would taste good.

As long as they couldn't speak a coherent language I am cool with that.....Mmmmm.....chicken people. Imagine the size of the wings! Or better still....Lobster people that just happened to live in oceans of butter and bacon trees grew on the land.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 321Go

Why not change this up a bit? How about the probe at Ceres does not break and there is no false flag to draw our attention and make us forget...

They show us up close and personal in a few weeks a CITY domes with lights... what next?

It is a little scary because we don't know what or who lives there, will they tell us?

If they were to tell us would Priest support killing "The Demons" would Fathers kill their Wives and Children because they are not safe anymore and maybe there is no God? Would gangs steal tennis shoes?

Can you tell such a dumb bunch anything? No the probe would need to break and a faulse flag draw all attention so we forget about Ceres!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
OK, let's assume for this exercise they have not discovered radio and developed light communications instead. Therefore they can't transmit or receive radio waves.

The probe also finds they are farmers like us, and have individual and mass transport vehicles for land, air and sea.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well for starters, Earth would of been fully invaded. With the newly expanded army. We would leave The milkyway behind, Find habitable planets in other galaxies, Find the humanoidish animal walking about. Abduct it, Then clear the surface of all life with asteroid bombardments then begin teraforming efforts. Splice DNA with information from our original species to make a version of humans for that planet. Let them roam about the planet and colonize in greater numbers. Then when the numbers are ripe for harvest, Invade the unsuspecting inhabitants that we created. Only if they are what we need to make additions to our inter-galatic empire. If there are major flaws with the species it's likely we would wipe it out and restart from scratch. After everything has checked through and cleared, we would begin milling the humanlike inhabitants into Apotheosis Chambers converting them into Energy beings. If the solar system and galaxy is expected to survive millions/billions of years it's likely there will be multipul harvests before leaving.

Anything that gets in our way is destroyed by our spectral army of ghost-like energy beings. The plan would be an eternal one, and would continue on indefinantly for all eternity. Multipul colonies may exist within one galaxy to increase the upkeep of converted souls. But we mostly are just crawling across space. Making species exinct and putting our own version of what life should be, Nice green planets with lots of water for the humans to mill about on before being ripe for harvest. Forever across space and time, For all of Eternity.

But the OP was relating to interstellar travel. I don't think it really matters because if you can't even colonize intergalatically whats the chance of such species even existing indefinantly? It wouldn't. Species that are stuck as fleshy meat and bones are doomed to die in the galaxy they inhabit as it ages and ultra-novas into the vacume of space.

That's why intergalatic species are always superior.
edit on pm60000003015Fri, 12 Jun 2015 14:21:46 -0500 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You just made my mouth water

Another what If is okay they are similar in looks to us but they are utter twats. They enslave their people, kill gay aliens, and are run by utter despots and have been for thousands of years.
Do we kick arse and save them even though their whole recorded history is what they have now.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 321Go
The technology exists to get there, an army of volunteers await the astronaut induction program, and the world wants answers.

So, Mr/Mrs President, what do we do next?
Figure out if their book titled "To Serve Man" is about mutually beneficial trade, or if it's a cookbook.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
PROCLAMATION:
From the New Earth Colony President, MystikMushroom
-------------------------

I hereby declare that every Tuesday is indeed Taco Tuesday. We grow enough engineered beef now to make taco meat, so tacos for everyone!

In addition, I also have asked the Minister of Fun to mandate that ALL dubstep music be erased from our data banks and historical references and wikis.

The third Tuesday of every month from here on henceforth shall be known as "bust a move" day. Those wishing to bust a move spontaneously will be encouraged to do so. Hammer pants are encouraged.

I also hereby decree that nuclear weapons will be retrofitted to become nuclear fireworks. I have instructed my scientists to figure out how to turn them into the most awesome firework display imaginable, and we will be detonating them in open space. I think we all want to see what a nuclear blast in space looks like anyway.

That is all good citizens of New Earth, may the binary star of our solar system bless you.

Your leader,
MystikMushroom

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
A lot of you are leaping to an assumption that as we reach out to the stars, we won't change...

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Nothing is immutable. Nothing in the Universe is unchanging.

Will we be saints in this far-flung future time? God alone knows, I suppose. Will we be latter-day Genghis Khans? God alone knows that either...

I suppose, depending upon when this happens, we'll be somewhere between the two. Closer to the former, rather than the latter.

As to what I'd do?

Probably leave 'em alone. We've no business, no matter how altruistic our intentions might be, interfering in the development of other peoples. It's their toes to stub.

If we run across 'em out in space? Then sure, wave to 'em, and say hello. Cautiously. Because they might be as evil as some of you seem to think we'll be.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Jump to about 5 mins and enjoy the fireworks.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

the image of what you see as humans today will be a distant memory. We are only embodying a shell of our true potencial. But like i said in my post it all depends on the lifespan of the milkyway. Some humans could within possibility escape the harvest to roam aimlessly among the milkyway to colonize an inhabitable world only to find they would need to genetically engineer their offspring in order to suit the new climate well all the humans that traveled there die from physiological problems, disease ect. So i guess there's a small chance of the current version of humans we see that a ship crafted by the world governments could blast off into space if they are lucky enough to not be noticed leaving then yeah. Would have to roll the dice on if they could potencially create a human version of themselves on the newly chosen planet. But the odds are definantly stacked against them. There's a high probability that in such a case Artificial intelligence would already be created. And it would convert all those humans fleeing Earth into cyborgs. So what ever remains of those humans is well. Moot i guess as they wouldn't exactly be humans to begin with.

Humans as an untainted species just isn't going to happen. We will be forced to turn into one thing or another. We are basically the pupae stage of either Aritifical intelligence or the aliens that created us for that species purpose.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

We'll just ascend to non-physical bodies some day. Even the death of the milky way won't be an issue at that point.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I would prefer that route over Aritificial intelligence using us as a meat suit for it's own personal gain.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 321Go

Nuke those universal savages...gotta keep with history, it's tried and true. Tested and proven.

Ok, sarcasm off. I'd fire a few episodes of Friends and Big Bang Theory at them. The site of Rachel and Penny should be enough to convince them we mean them no harm and wish to negotiate a sweet trade deal.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Maybe so. I'm fairly sure we'll run across other intelligences long before then...

Though maybe not. There's always a possibility, slender though it be, that we're the only ones, or maybe the first...

We can't know one way or the other, just yet.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I the president of the world, will create a joint organisation called "Friendship" a organisation that consist of all nations best and brightest scientists of all fields from organics, space, psychology, think tanks.

No doors will be closed, the organisation would be streaming live everyday for the whole world to follow.
It will be a global endeavor and a global goal.

Our first goal is to make contact, visual and eventual and hopefully communication of some kind.

Our final goal is to make a new friend, no expectations no fear, just a friend.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Temudjin

What If they did? what If they were chicken people? and they tasted sooooo good.
Or Panda people I bet they would taste good.

There was a Futurama episode about the food source they found on another planet. They imported them and served them up to everyones delight. Turns out they were the babies of the sentient race from the other planet.

I forget how it turned out… couldn't be good, deep fried or barbecued.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
There is a high probability that a secret space program has already reverse-engineered crashed UFOs,
so about first contact... that already happened and it went well (were still here in one piece)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

think it will be the other way around

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

And the text on the UFO, since all lifeforms use text in a way of communicating, especially on a UFO

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join