It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are the leader of our future interstellar race...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'd like to find out what each of us would do, if we were able, having found a habitable planet that is likely to be occupied by unknown advanced creatures. Here is the scenario:

Some time into the future hunger and poverty are distant memories, we have explored and conquered the depths of our oceans and the outer reaches of our solar system and made some fantastic discoveries. Only one remains; proof of life out there.

News soon emerges of a planet much like our own, and not too distant – we could travel to it in less than one lifetime. Indications from the chemical structure of the atmosphere suggest it is inhabited by oxygen-breathing creatures unknown. Our new space telescope has pictured what it thinks are constructed satellites orbiting the planet. This could be the moment mankind has been waiting for.

The technology exists to get there, an army of volunteers await the astronaut induction program, and the world wants answers.

So, Mr/Mrs President, what do we do next?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 321Go

Any future President would have probably launch a Manifest Destiny should they find intelligent life in other planets.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Ill rephrase it, if everything is allright why settle on a planet somewhere else? You move to survive as a animal if not you become a parasite, like today we move to parasite not survive

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
maybe we're actually all thru the universe already.
space parasites.
killing, eating, raping and pilliging every perfect planet we come accross.
just a thought.

link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

are u Israeli?

link   

originally posted by: 321Go
I'd like to find out what each of us would do, if we were able, having found a habitable planet that is likely to be occupied by unknown advanced creatures. Here is the scenario:

Some time into the future hunger and poverty are distant memories, we have explored and conquered the depths of our oceans and the outer reaches of our solar system and made some fantastic discoveries. Only one remains; proof of life out there.

News soon emerges of a planet much like our own, and not too distant – we could travel to it in less than one lifetime. Indications from the chemical structure of the atmosphere suggest it is inhabited by oxygen-breathing creatures unknown. Our new space telescope has pictured what it thinks are constructed satellites orbiting the planet. This could be the moment mankind has been waiting for.

The technology exists to get there, an army of volunteers await the astronaut induction program, and the world wants answers.

Send a probe with two way communication abilities. Sending people would likely not end well. If it takes a lifetime, then by the time the probe reaches and sends info back we could have trained for the mission and what we would encounter. Once the knowledge of the indigenous people is gained and the probe is able to allow our communications and we agree on what will happen next, we make it happen.

I would say something more along the lines of a co-op program for both sides to send "ambassadors" to each others planets.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Kill everyone, take everything, burn whats left.

(sarcasm off)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Kill everyone, take everything, burn whats left.

(sarcasm off)

This would be the most likely scenario, sadly.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well in answer to your post my first reaction is "why the F*** should Mr or Mrs President decide who does what"?
I want the Earths representative to come from Jamaica or New Zealand or the Outer Hebrides.
If they have constructed satellites in orbit then they are technically advanced and they would have to "talk" to the satellites so we would have discovered them way before we would see them. This then opens the door for "why have we not communicated with them before now"?
Now that depends whether the new species wants to communicate with us or not. It's talk,talk first before physical contact.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Depends do they taste nice?.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
A probe is launched, and when it sends back its data it has confirmed that the planet is inhabited with a humanoid race, much like our own. They have communities and advanced infrastructure. The atmosphere is largely identical to ours.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

The weird thing is you made a joke, i actually think your statement is a real case scenario

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Depends do they taste nice?.

I can't say I have ever tried them.....

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

we would probably kill them and /or enslave them, and take all their technology

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Well in answer to your post my first reaction is "why the F*** should Mr or Mrs President decide who does what"?
I want the Earths representative to come from Jamaica or New Zealand or the Outer Hebrides.
If they have constructed satellites in orbit then they are technically advanced and they would have to "talk" to the satellites so we would have discovered them way before we would see them. This then opens the door for "why have we not communicated with them before now"?
Now that depends whether the new species wants to communicate with us or not. It's talk,talk first before physical contact.

I didn't say where the president was from, just that he or she was the Earth's president. Their nationality is irrelevant.

We may not have discovered their radio comms if it is not powerful enough, that's assuming they are communicating with radio, it could also be light.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Temudjin

No my name means Star Wars Is Real because some people here mentioned in a few threads about Star Wars being real so I used that as a user name.

On topic:

I forgot to mention that if you watch District 9 that's what happens when humans meet aliens.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

i wish that the idealists could see what a piece of # the human race actually is

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Firstly, I would legalize marijuana.

Everything else is mere details...

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 321Go

I posted a very similar thread once upon a time and a member gave me a very interesting proposition. He suggested we just observe and don't' make contact at all. The reason being, even though they may SEEM similar or less in advancement level, they could just be a small outpost from a much larger civilization.

I'd feel bad for the Civilization that goes to conquer a small outpost planet of a much larger Galactic Empire.
edit on 6/12/2015 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Temudjin

What If they did? what If they were chicken people? and they tasted sooooo good.
Or Panda people I bet they would taste good.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join