It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Programmers...Could it be done in 6 Days if Virtual Reality?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Even so it SOUNDS as though it is referring to the created human environment day.
a reply to: Char-Lee

The Bible was written so that humans could relate.

The start of Genesis says the heaven and earth were created.

It could be argued that this occurred before the creative "days" began.

By the fourth creative "day", starlight reached the earth.

It would take far more that four days for starlight to reach us, demonstrating that the days may not be 24hrs........

I wonder if the let there be light, and day thing was referring to diffused light coming from forming stars.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

originally posted by: Char-Lee
There is the problem, all of this life and world could be looked at as a punishment colony. If we were real people who committed crimes and placed in a virtual world that is in fact a prison for discipline and death coming as the release date dictates per crime..poverty, illness added for worse crime, it would make more sense.

I guess the rich and powerful suffering here would be upper class and political prisoners in the cushy prison environment.

Oh, my! How dismal. Who would pay to play that game?

Mike Grouchy

Hmmm...perhaps not a entertaining game after all. What if we are all prisoners serving out our correctional time via a virtual earthly reality?

It would actually make sense of the horrid and painful in lives, the suffering dealt out depending on crime and the sentence alleviated by behavior here or sentence shortened or lengthened. Thus people who die are being set free in a real way people who live very long lives must be really bad criminals on the outside :-0.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

for billions of stars and planets with no life on them.

I am betting there is life on most all the planets and moons of one kind or another.
I do notice in the game Everquest we have many many lands that just sit there no one even visits them after a bit and many unused things, I wonder why they don't revamp and keep things useful instead of waste, I suppose someone knows.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
a reply to: Thorneblood

You really didn't read my posts at all, did you?

I was responding to your claim that you could program a universe in 6 days. The OP's post made numerous assertions that are pure guesses. I obviously do not agree with the assessment, the assumptions, or how both of you have over simplified what it would take to create something of that magnitude. Again, the topic is virtual reality, not biblical creationism. Care to try again without invoking magic or the bible?

Ever read the kyballion or other hermetic philsophy? Talks about how God is a Mind. It could literally think, or "say", something and have it happen, like we can do in our dreams.

I've created some indescribable worlds in my dreams. I wonder if the people I created in my dreams still exist, and are arguing on an ATS forum regarding their origins. They likely have a book that contains all the knowledge of their origins, but all their scientific analysis of their world around them deluded them from the fact that they were created in my mind. Few will believe the book because of this, so one day I'll go back to that world I created and teach the people about their dilemma, I'll show them miracles and everything, and teach them how to become one with my mind.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dusty1

If the whole of everything were virtual, I guess nothing would be real, so it would all just seem real to us. there would not even really BE time.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

I have, i also encourage people to read the Dreaming Universe by Fred Alan Wolf.

m.youtube.com...
edit on 13-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Think of what we really define as VR, a fully immersive reality that intercepts the signals transmitted by your brain and causes appropriate actions in a controlled environment. If your brain is the controller, the keyboard, the mouse, then all that would be required to program a reality on this level would be your own damn mind.

I have to agree with you, that one needs to exercise their imagination in order to create. Otherwise, you will always be limited within your own known parameters and unable to expand outside.

I have been thoroughly enjoying this discussion, but I am stumbling upon a specific issue of reality. What purpose would our conscious dream states have within this virtual reality?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

What purpose would our conscious dream states have within this virtual reality?

Updates, changes, downloads? Maybe the dreams keep the brain busy as the adjustments are made or maybe we need nightly downloads to go through the next days.

Maybe there are mistakes, I have had a deja vu experience at age 6 I have never been able to forget...that kind of thing and other oddities we all experience?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I have been thoroughly enjoying this discussion, but I am stumbling upon a specific issue of reality. What purpose would our conscious dream states have within this virtual reality?

Life

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

One might also compare dreaming to the concept of "Modding" in video games. By being linked to this virtual reality, players would know on some subconscious level that they too were capable of modifying it. Through dreaming we create the mental workspace necessary to build that framework or pattern in our minds. How that ultimately gets translated back into the waking world varies on the person. Some people manage to make it happen and forge their dreams into reality (whatever your definition) while most believe they simply cannot do it because their rational minds tell them its "not possible".

In the end its a matter of belief.

I think i can, i think i can.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Life

Could you expand on that more? Do you mean my dream state may be creating my life or life in another virtual reality? I quite enjoy lucid dreaming since I can seemingly control my dreams and do whatever I want within the dream. Am I just actualizing my real self abilities within this theoretical virtual realm?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Sorry Kid but if you cannot see how wrong you are then I cannot show you the way. Cheer up, I am sure given as much time as YOU would need the reality you would create would be passable. You just aren't on my level son.

LOL at calling me kid, nobody is upset here except you. You made silly claims and when asked to back it up, you failed miserably and you didn't address a single point I made. You can't blame me for that. You've gotta do better than condescending drivel and invoking magic if you wish to claim that YOU could create a universe in 6 days. That's all. No harsh feelings, just logic 101.

If there is something I am not seeing here, I'm always willing to upgrade my understanding or admit that I am wrong, but you refuse to even show where my misunderstanding is. Why the insulting generalizations? Just break it down for me. Usually when the opponent can no longer address points, the argument is lost. Instead of addressing the points, you make it about me, which is a clear logical fallacy.
edit on 13-6-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Life

Could you expand on that more? Do you mean my dream state may be creating my life or life in another virtual reality? I quite enjoy lucid dreaming since I can seemingly control my dreams and do whatever I want within the dream. Am I just actualizing my real self abilities within this theoretical virtual realm?

Neural imaging tells us that the conscious stream we have in our dream state is the same neural system that is correlated to our conscious stream in our wake state. Both states are just as "real" as the other. But, our wake state has inhibitory (GABA), modulatory (serotonin), etc, effects on top of the conscious stream, whereas our dreams are a pure stream of consciousness (acetylcholine).

Maybe our dream state is purposed to merge with our wake state; where we have the endless possibilities (Mthw 17:20) of our dreams combined with the full control we have in our wake state.
edit on 13-6-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I am betting there is life on most all the planets and moons of one kind or another.

That's good to know. Unfortunately it is a complete guess.

I do notice in the game Everquest we have many many lands that just sit there no one even visits them after a bit and many unused things, I wonder why they don't revamp and keep things useful instead of waste, I suppose someone knows.

Bad comparison. Are there BILLIONS of extra areas that would make the program run less efficiently? Are you trying to say they are NEVER used? I don't buy it, sorry. If the universe is a program then 99% of it is wasted space.

Anyway this thread is starting to really devolve when folks are claiming they create stuff in dreams and that is somehow equivalent to creating your own universe with sentient beings that AREN'T just parts of your consciousness.
edit on 13-6-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
If the universe is a program then 99% of it is wasted space.

or 99% waiting to be explored.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

It would actually make sense of the horrid and painful in lives, the suffering dealt out depending on crime and the sentence alleviated by behavior here or sentence shortened or lengthened. Thus people who die are being set free in a real way people who live very long lives must be really bad criminals on the outside :-0.

Wasn't there something in the biblical texts that 'all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of god'? Why else are we advised to seek repentance and actually look forward to the end of this life and be resurrected?

Hmmm...interesting and more interesting.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
No it could not be done in 6 days it can only be done with an infinate amount of time placed into an instant period.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

In fact, i did attempt to explain it to you but you chose to ignore it in favor of your own belittling line of arguments in which you repeatedly insult me. And yet you believe i am the one losing the argument?

Again from the previous page...

One of the first mistakes I see being made in many of these posts is the notion of programming all of this manually. This form of creation as you seem to see it, well it's extremely limted. As the OP pointed out, using pre-established patterns and god like knowledge there would be no need to enter the formulas into some vast unintelligible language. You just need to know it, understand it and sort of imagine it being where you want it to be.

Think of the Matrix, think of Neo. Think of what we really define as VR, a fully immersive reality that intercepts the signals transmitted by your brain and causes appropriate actions in a controlled environment. If your brain is the controller, the keyboard, the mouse, then all that would be required to program a reality on this level would be your own damn mind.

Over half of you just jumped into the technical definition of a 'programmer" and "vr" instead of using your imaginations just a little.

You chose to ignore, ranting on about how im using magic and creationism to circumvent your agrument when in fact the whole basis of the conversation is magic and creationism as pointed out by the OP's initial post here..

Then having taken him up into the mountain, he hid him in a cloud and took him out of all earthly things... and he gave him a new birth as if he were a child in the womb... and revealed to him all that he had done in making the world in six days, showing him in six other days the making of the world, performing in his presence the work of each day.... (Cosmas 3.13)[30]

When Philo described the apotheosis of Moses on Sinai he said that he entered the darkness where God was; ‘...the unseen, invisible, incorporeal, and archetypal essence of all existing things and he beheld what is hidden from the sight of mortal nature’ (Moses 1.158). This is what the Qumran texts describe as the raz nihyeh, (4Q300, 417), what 1 Peter describes as ‘the things into which angels long to look’ (1 Pet.1.12).

Considering that many of the concepts we are talking about here are most often used in video gaming, and yes that is my field, then to answer your mundane questions. I would use procedural generation for the universe, applying various statistical models and equations that i have learned or have access to. Which, while not complete, is human and obvious. I'm also a big fan of using concepts from Emergent Gameplay to invoke the various creative choices some players make when dealing with how to solve problems.

HOWEVER

I have not been fortunate to experience Apotheosis which is defined as elevation to god like status or deification. This is heartbreaking to admit, but i am not yet a God. Just a good candidate.

As I am sure you are aware one of the big parts of being God, especially in the biblical sense, is infinite knowledge. The all knowing mind. Which, if i possessed, would include such things as the laws of physics, the nature of consciousness and well...everything.

So when God made the heavens and the earth he didn't just throw up some pretty 3d assets (Also one of my skills) he invoked magic and yes IMAGINATION to place the stars in the sky and apply the basic programming for their function. He sparked conscious by giving us not only the light of the stars, but the light of intellect and knowledge, the spark of creation and humanity that makes us everything we are.

His code?

Let there be light.

Instead of completely excluding God from the argument and focusing on the mundane reality of programming in the modern era, try to invoke the sense of awe and wonder you feel when you actually do get inspired by reality or gaming or whatever. Look at the vast emptiness of the universe that you see as wasted space and ask yourself the simplest of questions.

If I were a God, how would I fill the heavens?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Who can say that the so called wasted space wasn't initially used during earlier programs? A programmer could just have modified and expanded upon those earlier programs. They were not removed since it allows for expansion if needed, with only adding a few changes within those parameters.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Are you trying to say they are NEVER used? I don't buy it, sorry. If the universe is a program then 99% of it is wasted space.

No of course it is a bad comparison, but we don't yet know how much space (empty space) in the universe is "used". We are both stuck with guessing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join