It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens exist: Here is the proof

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The Problem
This post is to prove aliens exist outside of our planet. You might be asking yourself, how can you, of all the people on the planet, prove aliens exist? Well, I am just trying to look at this problem from the way I solve any other problem. Observation. But you are still asking yourself, how can you solve an unknown without a sample size to study!? Easy, us. Humanity is the sample size that answers this problem. First we need to do some simple math:

Number of living species on Earth

About 8.7 million (give or take 1.3 million) is the new, estimated total number of species on Earth -- the most precise calculation ever offered -- with 6.5 million species on land and 2.2 million in oceans

Source

How many habital planets are in the known Universe?

There are roughly 500 billion galaxies in the universe, meaning there is somewhere in the region of 50,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (5×1022) habitable planets. I'll leave you to do the math on whether one of those 50 sextillion planets has the right conditions for nurturing alien life or not.

Source

So....if we have that many living things just on this tiny little blue dot in space, and all those 50 sextillion other habitable planets in the Universe, isn't it safe to assume that at the minimum, one of those planets has life on it?

Evolution
Now that we are assuming that at least one of those planets has life. Could one be as evolved as us? Could they possibly be more evolved than us?? Let's look at the sample size again!

We will look at our own development as a single species over just the past two hundred years for time and simplicity purposes. In 1815, not too much was happening compared to today. People didn't take airplanes to get to work, there weren't people in a space station doing science things, and they sure as hell did not have iPhones.

1815 Humans

2015 Humans

My God that is a lot of development in such a short amount of time!! Now, just imagine for a second, that just one of those other planets out there, just one. Just so happened to be similar to Earth, same resources, maybe even more. And say that they also had a billion year head start of us on the galactic time scale. I know you are saying this has all been said before, but I am just hear to prove a point. If you think, that we are the only one's in this Universe, and the most advanced ones. Ask yourself, are you the best at what you do on this planet? There is always someone who can do something better than you, this rule applies to our species in this Universe as well. I would love to hear your thoughts as well, thanks for reading!
edit on 10-6-2015 by Emerys because: (no reason given)

+50 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Your argument supports there being a high likelihood that aliens exist, but in no way does it constitute "proof".

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I was waiting for one of you to post! Let's define "proof"

proof
1. evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement

I think I have established an argument helping to establish a fact?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Triple. Sry
edit on 10-6-2015 by Legman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Triple ats didn't like greater and less than
edit on 10-6-2015 by Legman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Emerys

Take your argument in reverse....

There 5*1022 inhabitable planets. In billions of years available for an alien species to develop evolve and create new travel technologies we have seen zero proof.

Therefore I conclude earth is the exception to the rule that there is no life in the universe.

Bad Proofs are easy without math and evidence huh?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Great thread. Well said. You put it much better than I usually do.

Mathematically, it would seem probable that there are billions of planets with life on them and Mathematically it would seem probably that millions of those planets would have evolved life. It would also appear mathematically probable, that of those millions of planets with evolved life on them thousands would have had a head start on us and it would then also appear probably that hundreds of those could have avoided catastrophe and have civilizations millions or billions of years old.

This would then lead us to speculate that it is highly likely that these advanced civilizations with their technology millions/billions of years ahead of us could know we are here have sent robotic craft out for centuries if not millennia and have telescopes and other technology that would appear as magic to us. They could see and go anywhere given enough time.

Hypothetically it's highly possible that these advanced civilizations have come to earth or at least know of our existence.

Fascinating!

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Legman

So 70,000 annual reports of UFO sightings are not evidence?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Your premise makes reasonable sense. Your illustrations, showing the material progress, in the last few hundred years , is interesting. They show , a species leaving life in a naturally formed biosphere , to one of its own making. So basically, a species conditioned and programed to live in its natural niche, with all the senses tuned for survival in this set of circumstances, would it necessarily be able to identify an extra terrestrial life form?. anymore than say any of the great apes, are able to define us, outside of its niche.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
You could look at the first 50,000 years of humans and see no change whatsoever, wandering nomads of hunter gatherers using chipped stones to poke things with, instead of your two pictures of cities.

Then you could factor in the Earth being here for 5 billion years and modern man using electronic communication only for 100 years...... what are the chances of two planets inhabitants crossing signals in an expanding universe of 13+ billions of years?

Pretty damn close to zero.

edit on 10-6-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emerys

No, they are not. Most of those are misidentifactions, and the remaining few that are actually 'unknowns' are not conclusive. If there were actual, conclusive evidence, it would be on every television station and the front page of every newspaper on the planet.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

You are assuming that the alien life form shares all the requisites from our own developmental niche . You are looking for something that is like us but not quite the same . The only thing I suggest that it shares is a reasoning ability, from the view of perhaps being self aware. But it might have a hive structure where it just looks like each is an individual, in fact at some level the human race might share the capacity for a hive structure, as each individual cannot exist without help from other members of its own species.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

While I agree most of those are crap reports. We cannot just discount every single case. If the courts use eyewitness accounts, why can't we?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm sure there is life on every planet out there. The question is, "is there intelligent life"? Who cares if we find a few living bacteria's or even water, I would not be impressed by such finds. Intelligent life would be the gold mine. It's clear to me that there is no other intelligent life out there like us, otherwise the evidence would be overwhelming, but it's not. My theory is that if there is intelligent life out there like us, they are most likely in the same position as us, stuck on their planet. The distance is just to far for any creature to travel. I know some like to throw the idea that they would be using worm holes or time travel or bending space and all that crap, but none of those are possible. There is no shortcuts if your going to travel through space. Where ever you plan to go in space your going to be in for a long journey.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Have a look at the Drake equation and its arguments for and against. There are simply too many variables to make a concrete determination either way until it lands on the front page news the world over.

The counter arguments have merit:
1. We have no idea what the prevalence of sentient tool using species is (other then our own species and its cousins).
2. Self annihilation (do civilizations tend to blow themselves up after a certain level is reached).
3. The vastness of Space and time vs how many civilizations exist at any one point in time (it may well be we are just too far away to ever find out).
4. if they exist, why so silent out there?

Its my personal belief there are several space fairing species in our universe (hopefully in the millions). Yet I've never seen a UFO or had an experience that I would consider other wordily, so YMV on what some peoples opinions are.

edit on 10-6-2015 by sirChill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

that is the accepted theory today, probably much bigger than that and stranger in many ways, some of the advanced aliens are described as telepathic and much smarter than average humans here on our planet
edit on 10-6-2015 by blacktie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirChill
Have a look at the Drake equation and its arguments for and against. There are simply too many variables to make a concrete determination either way until it lands on the front page news the world over.

The counter arguments have merit:
1. We have no idea what the prevalence of sentient tool using species is (other then our own species and its cousins).
2. Self annihilation (do civilizations tend to blow themselves up after a certain level is reached).
3. The vastness of Space and time vs how many civilizations exist at any one point in time (it may well be we are just too far away to ever find out).
4. if they exist, why so silent out there?

Its my personal belief there are several space fairing species in our universe (hopefully in the millions), and this just discusses our own universe, not even touching on the other potential universes that are theorized to exist.

Drake's equation was merely to start conversation on the probability of more developed civilizations ion the Universe. It was not meant to be a mathematical fact or proof. These days some scientists have injected as many factors into the equation as they could. The results : We may well be unique to this Universe.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Actually you're wrong. It doesn't have to be on the front page of every news paper etc. Look at the biller berg group for example, we KNOW 100% that they exist, and even call the shots. Are they on the front page of every news paper?

No, they are not. Most of those are misidentifactions, and the remaining few that are actually 'unknowns' are not conclusive. If there were actual, conclusive evidence, it would be on every television station and the front page of every newspaper on the planet.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
A Bunch of creatures on a planet flying through space wondering if there are creatures on a planet flying through space.

Think about it.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

That's actually very untrue, just because they're not on the front page of newspaper articles etc.? Look at the biller berg group, we know for a fact they're real. Maybe even calling the shots. Are they ever front headline?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join