It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Frequencies Discovered on the Radio Waves: Can You Make Sense of this Bizarre Recording?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
To me this sounds like a performance piece, but why it was on a NYC station WKCR in night in the 80s or 90ss .... no idea.
I'm glad I haven't watched the Ring in a while as I don't want to keel over within 48 hours of listening to this.

You can hear "frank Oppenheimer" brother of Robert. He was one of the top scientist on the Manhattan project and names of people who died on a Pan Am flight in the late 80’s...weird?

In one of the weirdest mysteries ever, a man records his local radio station as it's overcome with a broadcast of shrieking, tribal chanting, and a strange list of names from the Manhattan Project and a flight crash The recording begins innocently enough, with classical music coming over the crackling airwaves. The happy tune doesn’t last long however, as the radio fades out into shrieking, whispering, chanting, and what sounds like meditation bells. It’s one of the creepiest audio snippets that I’ve ever heard.

Not a whole lot of information about this strange recording exists, who recorded it, or what it’s authenticity is,

weekinweird.com...

oh and when I played my dogs went nutso

Any guesses?
edit on 10-6-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
If the f-uckers could say what they really mean, without restoring to old cliches, they might be able to shake some people.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PrinceJohnson

Am I meant to have any clue what you are saying?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
All my lights are off and getting ready to tuck myself into bed. Wrong thread. Creepy!

I agree with performance of some kind, the violen/chimes thing was weird I thought maybe a water heater or something. Than the women spouting of names and dates seemed rehearsed.

Now off to bed.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Obviously we have the first hard evidence of ghosts here. Good job.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Is it okay if I follow along - without listening? Too dang creepy! Bad ju ju.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I too think it was a performance piece. Moderately avant garde, purposefully mysterious, made by undergrads sitting around the studio lab playing with stock recordings and found sounds. We did the same sort of thing making our "experimental art" pieces in the AV communication/video courses at Cal State East Bay.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

LOL did you have to turn it off straight away :O

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Yes. Can't even handle it. May need therapy....

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Quite creepy. Got my dogs attention as well, and I think he was asleep.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Weird.

If you bounce between the 3 minute mark, and 5:20 you can compare the radio show announcers voice to one of the women repeating names. Maybe it is just me, but they sound similar, might just be accent, and I dunno, for some reason I associate the sighing voice to the radio show host too, I think she is in on it...lol

But that is just my opinion.

(maybe they were airing some weird healing or prayer ritual they were doing and felt it needed to go "on air)
Sounded very cult/coven-ish.
Strangeness.
edit on 10-6-2015 by Darkblade71 because: typonese kicking in

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I want to say it was staged as well, since the random sounds you hear on top of the women's voice seems to be filler / cover up sounds.

And at one point the women's voice gets clear like the broadcaster's voice and then flashes back to the dual voice thing.

Seems engineered, very interesting non the less.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Any guesses?

Enigma trying to make a comeback?

You should listen to it after a session of da kind....trippy indeed.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
definitely creepy but I think this comment from the site explains what it is

An electronic composition or performance would be my take. WKCR is a student-run radio station based at Columbia University. The wind effects at the end continue under the announcer’s voice which suggests the sounds were part of the radio show.
It’s fun to imagine witches and aliens etc and give in to the weirdness that this piece has been given but an investigation into what WKCR was playing at the time (it currently gives some air time to avant-gardist music) might well reveal some interesting audio works.
A compelling few minutes of college radio helped by some atmospheric context creation. Sent a shiver down my spine even after I’d worked it out.

The wind at the end is an effect

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Whatever it is, it could sure be used in a horror movie.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Gotta be a joke or a prank. Or... *panic emoticon here*

For some reason, it made me think of this movie...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

musique concrete

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Needs more cowbell.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Digital effects for sure, good mix, but sure it is a performance.
Something that could be done by a really good multi-track synth musician. The likes of Röyksopp come to mind when I listen to it. Whatever the source, it was done very well.
edit on 10-6-2015 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Ok, I could be wrong, but I think I've heard this before. It's a track called "Sandstorm" by Darude, I think. You should go look it up and download it. The full version is much better. You have to listen to it all the way through, cause I don't remember where this bit from the OP is included... if it is included. It might just be something very similar... or maybe they "stole" this and put it in their song.

If you don't hear it the first time through, give it another play through, and try turning it up louder... I swear you will hear it in the background if you listen carefully. You don't forget these things...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join