It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Exercises with a Helo shooting Blanks on Flint Michigan in a Populated Area

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

1) They use blanks because it's training. An excersise.
2) They gave notice. If someone didn't see it or pay attention that's their problem. They weren't obligated to get permission from every citizen in Flint.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
a reply to: JIMC5499

Ok than
Why do they call it a killer egg? Egg beater I could see but killer egg has got me stumped.

It's sort of egg shaped. And most of them has guns on, some more than others.

There is a flying radio killer egg, too, the Echo Hauler, which carries SIGINT types rapidly over the countryside. Sadly, there weren't but about four of them so your chance of playing with it was quite low, but non-zero.
edit on 10-6-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Since you want to make it sound like military training is so uncommon off base that it almost never happens, can you cite all those times it didn't happen?

Off base military training doesn't equal to military training in large, busy cities. This type of "training" is new, and it hasn't been going on for ages.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
They're not training for overseas combat.

What you're seeing is NORTHCOM/SOCNORTH training for action against terrorists here.

And you'll likely see more killer eggs being flown than big combat helos. And you'll see them in small groups. Sorta like this.

So, in the end you have to acknowledge that these training exercises are not for oversea ops as the military and U.S. government claims they are. That first.

It's kind of strange that after so many times in other threads you claimed these exercises are for oversea ops, you finally agree that these are tactics to be used in U.S. soil, and in busy cities.

BTW, if the U.S. government and military is afraid of "radical islamists", or other types of radicals such as MS-13 gang members coming into the U.S., then the best idea is for them to stop bringing them here and close the borders instead of leaving them wide open and allowing more people than ever, who can't be verified, to enter into the U.S.... Just an idea...

edit on 10-6-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

In the training that happened in Houston in 2013, and in Miami Florida also in 2013 there was no warning made. Which is why I went by the word of the woman in the video. BTW, if the military is going to hold such "exercises", then it is their obligation to make sure they inform as many people about these exercises as possible. Was this announced on the radio as well? Was there only one time mention in the local tv news station, or was it mentioned several times?

Then again, there is the fact that it is now obvious these exercises are not to prepare for oversea ops, but to prepare for military ops in U.S. soil, which brings up a lot of concerns about the safety of civilians.

Not to mention that since the government has made sure that more and more illegal immigrants, including from the Middle East, enter the U.S., they are the ones puting us in this situation in which they, once again, are the ones bringing in some really bad elements and the backup plan they have is to use armed helicopters shooting suspects/possible terrorists in packed cities?...

edit on 10-6-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

It's the military's responsibility to coordinate with local government.

Which they did.

It's the local government's responsibility to inform its citizens of what is taking place in their area.

Which they did. In multiple ways.

You're making a lot of assumptions about what the actual training op was for and what was being done. It was a craptastic cell phone video. We have no idea what was going on in the building. We have no idea what the helo was doing. We have no idea who was on the ground, what the scenario was, what the result was, any of it. So as much as you want it to be "zomg their only plan is to fly helicopters around cities shooting at things!" it could just as easily be "element in danger of being overrun, they're on level 19 of this building, bad guys are on level 18, go save the day."

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I think that like you say these exercises are nothing to do with Iraq or Afghanistan.
I think they are conditioning the American people to see this as the norm.
The militarization of the police around this time is no coincidence either along with many other things....checkpoints,gun control,DHS etc,etc.
Nazi Germany didn't become a Police State overnight....It was a process of taking liberties away slowly piece by piece.
I think it could be that the US Economy is nearing collapse and if that happens it will have a domino effect around the world and we will have a Global Economic Collapse.
If that happens then I think the Military will probably take over to a large extent and the same will happen to countries around the world as Governments try to maintain control over their populace.
I think this is also why the US,China and Russia are preparing for confrontation because History tells us that when a nation is starving for resources it will war with other countries to try and get those resources.
I Hope I'm wrong!

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The helo in the Flint Michigan exercise did land on top of the building, you can still see that the shots were fired from the top of the building and it seemed to come from the right side of the helo.

As for making assumptions what the training op is for? The military and U.S. government has been claiming these exercises are for oversea ops, but if it was training for oversea ops then the strike team would have air support from other rotary wing aircraft. it wouldn't be just one helo. Since in oversea ops the enemy is well armed and has the capacity to bring down a helicopter. Obviously in these exercises the military is not expecting any major resistance, at least not from the air, as you would see in oversea ops.

The main point i have been trying to get to is that these exercises are meant to train the military for U.S. soil missions, and not for oversea ops.

edit on 10-6-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon25

I do agree with you, and like you hope to be wrong. There has been a conditioning going on for citizens to see as "normal" the militarization of the police, and now the use of even the military in U.S. soil in combat scenarios.

BTW, just to make my point, does anyone remember that it was in 2008 when for the first time an Army infantry division's combat team was stationed in U.S. soil permanently for ops in the U.S.?

Since then it became the first "Homeland Brigade" in the history of the nation to be set up permanently in the U.S. for missions in U.S. soil.

Army Combat Brigade 'Going Domestic'

Strange things are afoot in America, according to military sources that paint potentially ominous developments as "business as usual.".

By Mark Anderson

The Army Times newspaper reported that the U.S. Army has a battle-hardened "homeland" brigade that, having spent considerable time in Iraq, is "going domestic" as "an on-call federal response force for natural or manmade emergencies and disasters, including terrorist attacks."

www.americanfreepress.net...

archive.armytimes.com...

Now, what happened in the video in the op in Flint Michigan wasn't isolated.

This is part of a series of other military exercises they were/are performing and which residents state they were never properly warned about.

www.dcclothesline.com...

edit on 10-6-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct link and add comment.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
It's kind of strange that after so many times in other threads you claimed these exercises are for oversea ops, you finally agree that these are tactics to be used in U.S. soil, and in busy cities.

Go look again, the ones where they're tooting around US cities I've been clearly stating are SOCNORTH since they were attached to NORTHCOM.

eta: you'll have to look at what I said in context too, not "somewhere on the thread you said x, so you meant that about every subsequent post".

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

First of all, remember that most ATS member were not, and are not part of the militiary, so they wouldn't know exactly what this means. Not to mention that we had several people, including some who were/are in the military who kept claiming these training exercises were meant for training for oversea ops, when in fact they are meant for training for homeland ops.

Second of all, SOCNORTH was approved in December of 2012, and it was expected to reach operational capacity in 2014. But there were exercises done in 2013, which made it operational in 2013. Which means, all these exercises are new, and they are not "same old, same old" as some members have kept claiming.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Second of all, SOCNORTH was approved in December of 2012, and it was expected to reach operational capacity in 2014. But there were exercises done in 2013, which made it operational in 2013. Which means, all these exercises are new, and they are not "same old, same old" as some members have kept claiming.

That doesn't mean they didn't carry out exercises as assets were attached to NORTHCOM after December 2012. You wouldn't typically sit around and play spades for two years whilst everything was slowly built up.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I don't remember any news from before 2013 of military helos shooting blanks in busy U.S. cities. Or training with simulated explosives and special ops within city limits.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Jade Helm is supposed to be training for overseas, because that's in the literature and statements that have been put out.

I haven't seen anything at all about what the Flint training is for specifically, and only ran with the afghan angle because another comment had been made about. To put a point on it, one of the training areas was a national guard unit training in their vehicles to get their licenses for those vehicles.

There's a lot of supposition and speculation about it. And instead of reading what military members are saying about various aspects of it, those who have never been in the military can't wait to tell us how wrong we are about what we've said.

Eta - "in fact" nothing. There's not one shred of absolute definitive proof that any of this training is for operations on U.S. soil. We have what the government is saying it is, and what everybody else thinks it is.
edit on 10-6-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
BTW, as for operation Jade Helm, I don't believe the military will take over during these exercises. But it sure is part of the conditioning to make Americans accept the use of military forces in U.S. soil including to fight "terrorism here".

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Jade Helm is supposed to be training for overseas, because that's in the literature and statements that have been put out.

I haven't seen anything at all about what the Flint training is for specifically, and only ran with the afghan angle because another comment had been made about. To put a point on it, one of the training areas was a national guard unit training in their vehicles to get their licenses for those vehicles.

First of all, I was in the U.S. military in the 90s.

Second of all, you are certainly wrong.

In another thread I posted the following Army training manual defining what this type of training is for.

LESSON 1

PLAN OPERATIONS TO CONTROL A CIVIL DISTURBANCE

OVERVIEW

LESSON DESCRIPTION:

This lesson is designed to describe the nature and causes of disaffection and social unrest; define the potential for social unrest in the United States; identify the types of confrontations; define crowd behavioral and psychological influences; identify patterns of disorder.

PART A – PLANNING

1. Mission of Military Forces during Civil Disturbances. The mission of military forces during civil disturbances, both in CONUS and OCONUS, which cannot be overly emphasized, is to help local and state authorities to restore and maintain law and order. This mission may be accomplished by breaking up unauthorized gatherings and by patrolling the disturbance area to prevent the commission of lawless acts.
During operations to restore order, military forces may present a show of force, establish roadblocks, break up crowds, employ crowd control agents, patrol, serve as security forces or reserves, and perform other operations as required. Successful fulfillment of the missions will depend to a large extent upon sufficient planning,training, police information, and coordinated actions of individuals and units.

2. Planning and Preparation. To be most effective, planning should be coordinated with local civil authorities to provide a complete coverage of all matters pertaining to operations and ensure that areas requiring joint efforts are properly considered.

info.publicintelligence.net...

Not to mention the fact that this training being done in "coordination with local law enforcement agencies" verifies the fact that these exercises are meant to train for military ops in U.S. soil.

You don't train military personnel alongside local law enforcement agencies to send them overseas.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Yeah, I've heard those too, but what I get from my business contacts at MacDill is that it's an infrastructure sabotage exercise writ large.

As in 'the US is real big and all the infrastructure is essentially unguarded, how would you propose to stop a few hearty bands of intrepid saboteurs (hence the shoe) who entered the US, scattered, and made their merry way across country screwing up said infrastructure'. Not that there might not be other phases of it, mind you. Like, say, a radiological weapon set loose in some large city in effigy.

I can envision some happy Charlie standing atop the Empire State Building, with a ceramic cup full of wood chips and a railroad flare screaming "WE WIN!" as he lights up the chips...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Uh-hu... meanwhile the borders are wide open and the Obama administration has been hard at work to let more and more illegal immigrants into the U.S., which we can't verify and find if there are criminals or other types of radicals amongst all these people...

Heck, the Obama administration is knowingly letting in criminals into the U.S. and border agents are told to treat any criminal minor as if they were regular people and allowing them into the U.S.

Report: Obama Admin Knowingly Letting Illegal Immigrant Gang Members into US

White House contorts to justify letting millions of illegal immigrants stay in U.S.

Not to mention the refugees from Syria which are being dumped in U.S. cities, and which again we can't verify all of them whether or not there are groups of extremists/radicals amongst these people...

Syrian refugees coming to Kentucky, elsewhere in U.S.

It looks like we are being set up to getting attacked by some radicals and extremists, including gang members from MS-13 among others...

And the response/backup plan?... To use military forces in U.S. soil.

edit on 10-6-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct error and add comment.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Uh-hu... meanwhile the borders are wide open and the Obama administration has been hard at work to let more and more illegal immigrants into the U.S...

Preachin' to the choir, bro.

However, even if you had better border control, you've still got an ungodly amount of it, and there's no way to secure it all. Thus the need for some sort of ability to respond inside the borders.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

Who's saying that because they were informed on Jun 2nd.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join