It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Exercises with a Helo shooting Blanks on Flint Michigan in a Populated Area

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
First of all, why just have one helo shooting blanks? Are they planning on just sending one helo overseas?

Well, there's a straightforward answer to that.

They're not training for overseas combat.

What you're seeing is NORTHCOM/SOCNORTH training for action against terrorists here.

And you'll likely see more killer eggs being flown than big combat helos. And you'll see them in small groups. Sorta like this.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

"Killer eggs"

So long since I heard that. Made me smile. Thanks man

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

YW! It'll be fun when JH is over and nothing's happened.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

All it'll mean is the plot has been temporarily foiled again.

Next year, amigo. Next year.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

if these exercises are intended for overseas ops, then why the use of only one or two helos in each exercise? I know it takes a lot more personnel to get one or two choppers ready for a military op that people don't get to see. But if you are training for overseas ops, you don't simply train one or two helos and their personnel in a squadron.

Yes, it does take a lot of personnel to get a few choppers ready but you will not see all the personnel in the air with them. What does that have to do with seeing a couple at a time? If you think helos always fly in big groups then you are simply wrong.

The unit I was in back in the 90s carried out several differing missions such as this in conjunction with other units. Units that have assets such as helicopters do the missions they are ordered to. Helicopter units are flexible they work with main forces, resupply, SF, and others. The unit I was in had Apaches, Blackhawks, and 0H-58s. Even though we were designated as an attack unit we worked in conjunction with other units for multiple rolls.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
What's the big deal? Where I live there's a large open field behind a mall. For the last few years the Reserves have done a heliborne assault on that field on a Saturday every June. Blanks are fired, grenade simulators are used and smokes are dropped. The local paper prints a notice about a week ahead of time. We go to the edge of the Mall parking lot, tailgate and watch the show. In the past the Reservists have been known to shut down the helos and give tours of them for a bit.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Michigan is not part of Jade Helm and that excersise doesn't start until next month.
edit on 6102015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I'm not buying that no one was notified. That just would not happen.
Don't believe every stupid video on you tube.
And again it's not jade helm that is July15th to Sept 15th and won't include Michigan.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Funny you should mention that..

The training is being held in designated areas around southeast Michigan, according to city officials. The training will run until June 12.

Helicopters and non-lethal ammunition known as "simunition" will be used.

Dated June 2

www.minbcnews.com...

edit on 10/6/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
City of Flint page..

www.cityofflint.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

"Troops Practicing 20 Story Extracts For Afghanistan?"

I may have figured it out....they're practicing for an emergency evac of the huge, mammoth, US Embassy in Baghdad.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Doesn't count. Everybody knows a YouTube video trumps the official city website.

Duh. God.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Funny you should mention that..

The training is being held in designated areas around southeast Michigan, according to city officials. The training will run until June 12.

Helicopters and non-lethal ammunition known as "simunition" will be used.

Dated June 2

www.minbcnews.com...

Why is it funny?
edit on 6102015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

What's a killer egg?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Because you said..

I'm not buying that no one was notified. That just would not happen.

And they did notify.

edit on 10/6/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Oh, well yeah. I know they wouldn't just show up and start shooting in a real city without notifying city officials. What's really funny is some people believing others when they say they didn't notify anyone they just started shooting and every one panicked.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

OH-6 Helicopter. Basically a heavily armed Hughes 500D

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
There is obviously a lot we don't know here, but the use of blanks is curious. It doesn't really accomplish anything but add slightly to the realism factor. Makes you wonder if one of their goals was to test civilian reaction...

Maybe they were watching for certain people to panic at the spectacle? Like Dearborn, Flint is said to be a hotbed of radical Islamists - some of whom may have seen firsthand why they should fear the sound of an American gunship. This would also explain why they didn't make more of an effort to inform the public beforehand.
edit on 10-6-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

In some of the linked articles that have been posted, Simunition has been mentioned. This is quite a bit different than blanks.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Ok than
Why do they call it a killer egg? Egg beater I could see but killer egg has got me stumped.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join