It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am fuming right now!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Alright, I've been stewing on this for 3+ weeks, and still haven't gotten a resolution. It all started when I decided to quit my job as a cable technician for a very large cable corporation here in America (greatest decision by the way). When I resigned and filled out a bunch of paperwork my last day, one of the forms was for the complimentary cable services that I was receiving to be downgraded to internet only. I was receiving the "Gold" package, w/ a dvr, plus their internet for free*(minus the dvr rental fee, taxes, and other fees). I was forced to have the dvr and "gold" package, because if there were any issues, I could check any channel if needed by an on-call technician.

So, I fill out this form saying I only want internet. I have my signature and my supervisors on it. I also have my signature on a checklist for all the forms that I filled out which includes "internet only" next to where that forms check is at. So I turn in all my gear, say thank you, and all that jazz, go home and unplug the dvr, because I hate cable and had cut cable outta my life 6 years before I started the job, and start my new job the following Monday, going forward with life and think nothing of my previous employer.

Fast forward a couple months, and yes this is my fault for not checking my mail more often, but I get a letter saying I'm going to be disconnected for non-payment. No biggie, its a $100 and some change for a couple months of internet. I jump onto my account to setup the auto-payment system, and that's when I see $365 or so that I owe. And I knew instantaneously why it was so much.

So I run down to the local office, and tell them the situation, including the forms that I filled out two months prior. The front desk lady is real nice and says something along the lines of, "oh we've seen this before with some of the former employess, there's nothing I can do, but I will send an email to employee services to get this resolved." Sweet, I think, sooner the better, I can get back online with the real world. Well 1 week goes by, and after receiving phone calls 5-6 times a day, all saying I was disconnected, I needed to pay, and explaining each time that I was a former employee and I was told employee services is the only ones who could help, I decide to run down to the office and see what is up.

She gives me the same thing this go around, but instead said, here's the email address, you should send them an email regarding this. I said thank you, then asked her kindly how I can send an email, with no internet services, she replied with an oh, I guess I'll send an email for you. If you can imagine, I wasn't very confident with what was going on. So I ran back to my old supervisors office and had a chat with him about it. He said that there has been issues with former employees in the same situation as me, and gave me a bit more information than the front desk lady had given.

So bound and determined I got a wireless hotspot, and shot an email to employee services, three times. A week later I finally received some correspondence from employee services. And it was a two sentence reply saying as of Jan 16, 2015, the company has changed policies and upon separation from the company, the former employee will be switched to the "silver" package with all equipment and rentals moving to full price without promotions. Any changes need to be made with customer services after the seperation date.

I'm so pissed right now. I never saw anything about a policy change within the company. And why is my former supervisor having me fill out an obsolete form, that leaves the employee under the impression that the company would downgrade your services when you left, because you filled out a form that said they would downgrade your services.

I know its my own fault for not checking up on everything. I should have known. Never had an issue with the cable company before I started and now I'm getting bent over by them for an additional $250. Whats even more infuriating, is after turning in the dvr, explaining to the front desk, the people on the phone and sending countless emails, I still haven't been downgraded to internet only. Just got another bill for the time my services have been turned off, for you guessed it, "silver" package w/ dvr and internet. Another $180some tacked on for something I haven't used.

Gah....

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Well, that sucks man. Its like not only did they slap a fast one and charge you for services you didnt need, they also let you resign with a big underlaying F#@% you. Its like no appreciation for firmer employees. At this point you might wanna just get different internet services by some other company, and let the bill just float away and never pay it. Unless youve been with the company for a while and have inner connections, which i doubt by still having to go through the everyday customer process. Seems like they dont want to give you anything for free. In America, you get what you pay for, and sometimes more (bullsh#%).
edit on 9-6-2015 by BeyondBlessed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
get another provider for a few months.

After a while your old company will call and offer to forgive the amount owed if you restart your service.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: saabster5

Welcome to my world! While I am not a employee they still have tried a few times in the past to stick it to me! I had a knock at the door 2 years ago on memorial day. It was the cable guy and he was drunk and out of his mind. I explained to him he had the wrong street. He went and sat on a bench across the street on his phone and past out nearly landing right on his face, he caught himself just before he hit the pavement and finally he got to his van and left.
So a month later I get a bill saying that he came into my home did some work and gave me new equipment and I was being charged for the whole lot. It took me over an hour of talking to this one and that one explaining the story over and over and also giving them the address that he was looking for when he showed up here. I hate our cable company and look forward to the day I can tell them where they can go!
BTW - this is just one of the very long list of shady things they have done.
I look forward to this!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

No, that does suck!!

my life you are describing..

I am sick of it!!
edit on 9-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: saabster5

I know its my own fault for not checking up on everything.

I don't think so! You filled out all their crap, you did everything you were supposed to, this is totally on them!

This is the kind of stuff that makes me lose my mind with rage! I am really very careful and attentive to details, and deadlines in my dealings, and it makes me furious when I have to reap the consequences of others' failings, after all that effort.

I sometimes wonder if I am too nice when dealing with stuff like this- I know people who scream and pound and they actually get results.

Do you think you might have been too cooperative? Seeing as it is your last employer, I can understand you'd want to be concilitory.
I ask because I have seriously been wondering if I don't have some form of Stockholm syndrome, because no matter what they do to me, when I face my employers, I suddenly become this polite, non-judgemental, loving person towards them, eve if they have just royally screwed me. I'm always concerned with the well being of the larger organism over myself - I blame myself for everything, regardless of all evidence that I did the best I could and somebody else screwed up!

I guess that is why your comment spoke to me.
I have often had co-workers comment on how passive I am and how I let myself get fugged by the organism I work for (a hospital) - and it really does seem that the crap that happens to me doesn't happen to anyone else! - "Oops, we forgot to enter your pay this month into the computer- it will come late, with less than usual and you'll have no payslip to explain that, and there will be no records ever that we paid you anything."

Me- "Okay, I understand. # happens. I should have contacted human resources near the end of the month to remind them to include me in the computer entries this month. It's only been a few years, I understand how they could forget me...."

I'm always the nice but stupid american around these parts.....

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I can completely relate to your job. Somewhere along the line, people in general decided kindness is a form of weakness, and should be preyed upon.

It is very frustrating at times, to hear me say almost completely the opposite thing I'm thinking I should say, to appease the overlords for some reason. One day I'll stand up to the tyranny and right the wrongs. Haha, and yet I still never see that happening.

I plan on calling the HR department tomorrow, and letting them know the situation, because I think if anything, it should be on the one who handles the region I worked in. I say this, because I distinctly remember my boss saying he was waiting on the paperwork from them, and was a bit worried he wouldn't have had anything for me when I finished my last day.

I really wish there was an alternative for internet services in this area. They have the fastest most reliable service hands down. I really grew accustomed to the 66 mb/s service, and am not ready to let it all go just yet. There's still a chance I think, and I'm gonna fight this one because for once I think I did everything right!

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

I am that cat! I think I might have a few more furrows in my brow though. And I certainly am not that cute!

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

Well I can guarantee it wasn't me! Never was drunk/hungover/rude(well maybe a few times) during work.

Showing up to the wrong house has happened before, but I never billed that person for my mistake, at least that I'm aware of doing.

I really hate saying I hated my job, but it was a struggle everyday to keep a positive attitude knowing the corporations interests aren't my happiness nor its customers (at least what I could sense). As long as the money is flowing, life is good I guess.

I have a feeling its only a matter of time with the satellites. Don't get me wrong though, the cable industry is not going anywhere as far as fast reliable data transmission goes though. The properties of cable and data transmission is pretty cool. We're really still scratching the surface on fast data transport, and could work out for satellite transmission as well. So, I'm with you and hope it does make it to something like that, because we shouldn't be hijacked for access to information. At least thats my feelings.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BeyondBlessed

Amen!

And I still keep up with a few of the guys, but the way the whole corporation is setup, its impossible for them to do anything. Very compartmentalized corporation, that is quite efficient at making sure no one knows what the other is doing. So yeah, that's the frustrating part is knowing all my former coworkers are pulling for me, and they can't do a damn thing about it, except learn from my fubar, and not have it happen to them if they quit.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Well I can guarantee it wasn't me! Never was drunk/hungover/rude(well maybe a few times) during work.

well maybe a few times)
lol how else
meh why not..
at least i did my work..unlike..

lol

no drama

new topics

top topics

join