It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With Power Tools and a Ruse, 2 Killers Escape New York Prison

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Duping guards with dummies fashioned out of sweatshirts and using power tools to drill out of their cells, the men made their getaway late Friday or early Saturday, emerging on the other side of the prison’s 30-foot-tall walls.

With Power Tools and a Ruse, 2 Killers Escape New York Prison

I can't believe that these guys actually got out using POWER TOOLS in a maximum security prison. You would think the guards would have heard them us it or something. Wonder if its an inside job or something. Hopefully they catch these two without anybody getting hurt.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
According to Gawker's article on the escape, the prisoners are a couple of trolls. The left a politely racest note on the pipe they escaped out off.

Those silly murderers....I tell you whut...smh

Hope they get caught soon and put back where they belong.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The news is saying it's the first escape from this Maximum security prison, ever. Maybe they became too complacent?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting
That's one of the things I was wondering.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TwiztidRoman

The governor marveled at the particulars of escape, in which the two inmates had cut through a steel wall of their adjacent cells, shinnied down a series of internal catwalks, and burrowed their way more than a city block away before emerging from a manhole. Mr. Cuomo said that there had been a number of contractors working in the facility, and that the escapees’ work may have been safeguarded by the silence of other prisoners.

I smell a movie deal

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

haha yeah,

this reminds me of part shawshank redemption, and part escape from Alcatraz.

now all we need is a crooked warden, and them to be proven innocent by dna.

.......i always root for the crook.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

If they escaped from their cells using power tools, there's no way that they weren't heard by the other inmates, especially those nearest to their cell.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's interesting because a guy from that town named Robert Garrow that was a murderer as well escaped from the fishkill prison. Not really related to the story, but an interesting tidbit.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger

If they escaped from their cells using power tools, there's no way that they weren't heard by the other inmates, especially those nearest to their cell.

We know darn well they were heard.
However, according to the article. There were contractors on site. So they were masked by the construction noise. Not to mention that a certain contractor needs to explain missing power tools.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Wonder if we are going to hear something like one of the contractors is a friend of one of the escapees or was bribed/threatened to help.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

So far I got nothing. I was trying to see if these 2 escapees had Mafia ties. Really, you just don't sneak power tools into a cake.
Like you said. Was the contractor bribed/threatened...
Or just plain afraid to fetch up to the tools going missing..

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Maximum security?

Really?

Ok, so here is the rub. The fellows got their hands on power tools. This cannot have happened by sheer chance in my opinion. If the prison had contractors in, I would imagine that the contractors themselves would have to have been checked over before being allowed to work on the site, and must have come up clean. This means that either someone on the outside wanted these men out badly enough that they threatened one of the contractors, OR that the contractor wanted the contract so badly that their tools going missing, failed to stir them to report the loss to the prison authority, for fear of losing the contract all together.

What I do not understand, is why it is that contractors would have been in a position to leave anything, in any spot, without being overseen in the doing of it, by a prison guard. Unless one of those guards was ALSO crooked or being influenced in some way, then I cannot see how the tools got to the prisoners, if the contractors were their source.

Further to that is the sheer amount of material these guys must have moved, in order to affect their escape. Drilling through the metal walls referred to must have taken some serious doing, given the nature of those walls themselves. Incidentally, a ferrocrete clad metal wall would have shrugged even a powered assault off completely, so the next time they put a prison up, they might want to consider choosing materials more wisely!

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I do love a good prison break.. can't help it.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
for that steel you would need a 9 inch grinder, about 15 cutting wheels and an extension lead at least, noit to mention the fumes that cutting gives off.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
We know darn well they were heard.
However, according to the article. There were contractors on site. So they were masked by the construction noise. Not to mention that a certain contractor needs to explain missing power tools.

Oh, they were certainly heard. Betcha "snitches get stitches" or similar comes into play for the inexplicable hearing, nasal & visual issues that suddenly prevented other inmates from knowing what was going on

You gotta admit, they do deserve at least some props for having nards the size of China to go through with it. I also foresee a bunch of brand-spanking-new openings there, "Prison Guard position open, inquire ASAP".
edit on 6/8/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Wait what ?...are you suggesting that the system may be a little crooked

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well, I ALWAYS suggest that, but in this case it seems that there must have been significant interaction between the prisoners and other individuals, in order to pull this disappearing act off cleanly. As scubagravy pointed out above, the equipment requirements of this feat must have been extensive. We are not talking about a pair of prisoners who came upon a little cordless drill, a junior hacksaw, and a packed lunch lying around, and thought to themselves "Right, well, this has been charming, but I am bloody well offski!".

Getting the job done required multiple spare bits and discs, power on tap, and cannot have been pulled off without SOME inside help. Whether that came from a member of the contracting team, or a selection of individuals including actual prison staff is hard to say for certain, but my money would be on at least one contractor, and one guard AT LEAST being culpable for an element of this escape.

The only other scenario in which I can see this having been pulled off, is if EVERYONE, and I mean every last employee of the prison itself was totally, utterly, FANTASTICALLY incompetent, and for all that it would be nice to have a laugh at the correctional institutions expense, I somehow doubt that this has been the case, otherwise things like this would be a regular occurrence, rather than a once in a blue moon event.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Never underestimate someone with nothing but time of their hands. They could collect the materials needed over a period of time and fashion some sophisticated cutting gear and escape tools. And never underestimate how complacent or easily corrupted a guard on a crap wage can be.

Remember, The British Built a glider in a loft that was constantly searched during the second World war. Not only did the German ferrets miss a whole bloody plane, they missed the fact that the loft space got shorter by around 30 feet.
edit on 8-6-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
How the hell did they get power tools?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
How the hell did they get power tools?

My guess would be from a Guard. £1000 will get you a Mobile phone into just about any prison in the UK.

<<   2  3 >>

join