It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Year Did You Stop Your Cognitive Dissonance Towards The 9/11 OS ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

That doesn't make sense if the story is that 9/11 was planned to be a reason to invade Iraq. I still think it would make far more sense to craft a story of Iraqi nationals.

I'd agree that 9/11 allowed for Bush to get the green light to invade Iraq, but it being planned as a catalyst will never make sense to me.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

The " False-flag wasn`t about Iraq or Afghanistan.
It was about a war on terror, which means......no one is safe...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
a reply to: the2ofusr1

That doesn't make sense if the story is that 9/11 was planned to be a reason to invade Iraq. I still think it would make far more sense to craft a story of Iraqi nationals.

I'd agree that 9/11 allowed for Bush to get the green light to invade Iraq, but it being planned as a catalyst will never make sense to me.

Iraq was easy. Nobody needed much convincimg that Saddam was a bad guy. 9/11 got access to Afghanistan, no questions asked. Iraq did not need 9/11, it just needed the atmosphere of "America is in danger" to make any BS excuse count for something.

The real genius of 9/11 though...
... look around you. What part of our lives is how it used to be before 9/11? It changed the course of human history. Centralized global govornance is within grasp as well as criminalization towards anything anti-establishment.

Try and find a way that wont be considered domestic terrorism, to explain to government that there needs to be an avenue left for common people to take back control of the government if becomes tyrannical and out of control.

This is it. The "Kraken" has been released and all the pieces are now firmly in place. There is now officially zero need for Americas 2nd ammendment. They were the only ones that could feasibly get back control of their government if needed. Now they are just a bunch of terrorists if they dare try.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I actually went the other way. I was immediately convinced the Bush Administration had done it and was adamant about it for years.

However, after reading online debates for a long time I changed my mind. And at this point I dont think it's possible they could have kept it secret for this long.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

911 was used to invade Afghanistan . It was WMD's and biological weapons that were used to go after Iraq . eta ..the part about "shock doctrine " was that every one would be in shock and unable to respond rationally for a time . The people behind the scenes knew this and so they had to act quickly .
edit on 7-6-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I like humans and stories,

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I never did, because there isn't and never has been a conspiracy to begin with.

I find it sad that there are those who believe there ever was a conspiracy regarding 911.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
I actually went the other way. I was immediately convinced the Bush Administration had done it and was adamant about it for years.

However, after reading online debates for a long time I changed my mind. And at this point I dont think it's possible they could have kept it secret for this long.

But it's not a secret, to those of us on ATS, there is basic knowledge that we can either accept, or employ cognitive dissonance, to protect ourselves from a terrible truth.

I don't blame any person for doing that, there are times I wish I had done exactly that.
It's just easier, because there is nothing we can do about it.
edit on 7-6-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The reason why people took years to start believing in the conspiracy theories, is because it took them a few years to actually forget everything that happened that day, and in the days and weeks that followed........it is only after people have forgotten the details that they say stupid sh*t like the following.....

" I did not know about WTC 7 until years afterwards"

Really? Every frigging network had cameras on that building that day because FDNY had been saying most of the afternoon that 7 was going to fall because of the damage it hyad suffered and the fires burning in it. Most of the news stations were live when it fell and all of them cut to the cameras trained on it. What 7 did not have, was people jumping from the building. It did not have a FDNY Priest killed on the sidewalk next to it by a falling person. WTC 7's collapse did not kill anyone, so it wasn't talked about much in the days and weeks following it.

"Osama was immediately named as being responsible"

Nope. Yes, he was immediately thought of as a suspect because of who he was and what he had already done. However, it took four days of round the clock work by FBI/CIA/NSA/MI-5 for him to become the prime suspect.

"There was no airliner wreckage in Shanksville or at the Pentagon"

Utterly idiotic.....again, days and weeks afterwards were news stories showing wreckage.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

originally posted by: DelMarvel

But it's not a secret, to those of us on ATS, there is basic knowledge that we can either accept, or employ cognitive dissonance, to protect ourselves from a terrible truth.

I don't blame any person for doing that, there are times I wish I had done exactly that.
It's just easier, because there is nothing we can do about it.

Well, actually, it was to a great extent reading ATS that made me change my mind so it's not "basic knowledge" to everyone here. And I don't really need to psychologically protect myself from a "terrible truth" I believed in for years. There are horrible things going on in this nation and on this planet some of which appear to threaten the existence of the human race and I don't have any problem believing in that. I just don't think the 9/11 conspiracy theories hold up to scrutiny. I'm not 100 percent convinced but close.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
From day one it never made sense to me how the three towers fell like that, and also how a hijacked airliner managed to get into restricted airspace around the Pentagon and White House, so long after the initial attack. As soon as the second tower was hit by the plane there was no doubt in my mind WW3 had begun and the attack would be used as a catalyst to take away basic freedoms across the world. But the human suffering of the day was also very traumatic to watch and difficult to see beyond. I'll admit I was quite swept up by the initial "who dun it" media narrative.

However it wasn't until 2004 and Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 that I first began to question the official story of that day, which quickly led to further question the Anthrax attacks and then the invasion of Iraq. I was predisposed to conspiracies then though, as I had been introduced to JFK assassination conspiracy at a very young age, and had actively marched against the first Gulf War for Oil as a teen. And so while I wasn't surprised, it was still a betrayal. Regardless of any version of events ... there can be no doubt our emotional empathy towards the suffering and lives of those people that day, were used to manipulate our good intentions against us.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MsVen The airspace around the Pentagon isn't restricted. The Pentagon lies in the approach of Reagan National.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
When I read an online UK article with the headlined that Bin Laden claimed responsibility for 9/11 but when I clicked their source it linked to an Afghan newspaper interview with Bin Laden where he claimed he had nothing to do with 9/11, said it was done by people within the US.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: cardinalfan0596

Ok and thank you for the correction. I perhaps chose the wrong wording in using 'restricted airspace' to describe my meaning, as at the time I was not really aware of any such restrictions or not. It would have been a more naive thought-expression along the lines of, "I cant understand how a hijacked airliner was allowed, or able, to get so close to such an important building - the HQ of the Defense Dept of all things - so long after the first hint of attack."

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
For me it was when a colleague at a huge American bank, earning loads of money, left his job as he had to handle a very large and dodgy payment from the bank to someone linked with Al Qaeda. He left his job instantly.

This was before 9/11 - so not exactly relevant to the OP but info that I haven't previously shared on here.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

So there was never a conspiracy?
There was a conspiracy, regardless if you are in the Official-Story camp or the Conspiracy-Camp:

Definition:
Conspiracy (criminal), an agreement between persons to break the law in the future, in some cases having committed an act to further that agreement
Conspiracy (political), an agreement between persons with the goal of gaining political power or meeting a political objective.

So if we assume the OS is true: 19 Hijackers with ties to AQ carried out the attacks.
Which means it was "an agreement between persons (in this case the Hijackers) with the goal of gaining political power or meeting a political objective."

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I remember how it all started for me. It was 2003 just before the onset of the Iraq war. I wasn't into politics or much of anything but rave parties, yet, I couldn't wrap my mind around how we went from hunting OBL and the Taliban to WMD's in Iraq especially after I remember all the hoopla about how successful desert Storm was.

Not really sure why but it got me thinking, than reading. By 2004 i became a member of ATS. IT ALL WENT DOWN HILL FROM THERE.

As it stands now, so long as they'll have me, I'll likely be a life long member.

edit on 8-6-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: glend You do realize that the "interview" consisted of a list of questions given to the Taliban government and not someone actually sitting down with Osama right?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MsVen. The first hint of an attack was the second tower being hit, it was 35 or so minutes later that the Pentagon was hit. Not enough time to do anything about it, especially after Flight 77's transponder was shut off for the majority of that time.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Embarrassingly, a couple of years (hangs head in shame). Pentagon got me started. Then i dug deeper. And deeper. Until one day I finally applied Occams razor - the ONLY POSSIBLE explanation which fits all observations is 100% total inside job no Muslim terrorists. Didn't sleep for a few days - kinda rocked my world. Now I don't flinch when hoaxes like Sandy Hook are carried out. The day one of the falls - well it will start a collapse so big I almost don't want to be around. But it would be justice for the 9/11 perps to rot in jail for a few years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join