It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could dragons be in our living rooms?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I have contemplated an interesting theory for a while now. Please forgive me if this is better suited for Cryptozoology, I wasn't sure, but because it is purely speculative I thought to put it here.

Anyways, the theory is that dragons did indeed once inhabit the Earth and are still among us. Whether they originated from here as a native species or perhaps came from other realms may be unknowable, but it is interesting how so many cultures on Earth separate from one another independently portray some kind of dragon-like being in their mythology. The best example of this I can think of is dragons from Asia versus European dragons. It could be that the archetypes that form a dragon in the collective unconscious were drawn upon, but I think it's also possible that we did legitimately have encounters with them up until a certain point on Earth.

Edgar Cayce in his accounts of Atlantis also describes great beasts and my initial impression was that these may have been what we refer to as dragons, or perhaps some other creatures of mythology.

So... I have basically wondered if dragons were driven to extinction on this plane. Perhaps that, or if being an inter-dimensional force of some kind, they left because of the violence we displayed against them. I have always associated wisdom with dragons and wonder if they are a form of advanced being. And I wonder if they have now incarnated on our Earth plane in the form of other animals. For instance, I wonder if we base our assumptions of dragons on cats to some extent. When I look into a cat's eyes, see the way they move, there is a quality about them that makes me think of dragons. Perhaps at one time we were friends with dragons and now some of them are our household companions or have become part of an animal kingdom we see today. Maybe they are most able to inhabit the bodies of felines for some reason (although I suppose that could be the case with cold-blooded animals as well).

Anyways, this is one of my strangest thoughts lol. I know it's way out there, and while fun to think about, I don't know if I would put money on it. But I dare you to look into your cat's eyes and not think of a dragon!
edit on 5-6-2015 by Blumenkranz because: Correction.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Blumenkranz

A theory is every 500 years the komodo dragons grow wings and fly to other parts of the world. However the winged form do not breed and so with their passing they become a thing of legend.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Sorry just read this title out aloud and my wife looked at me and said "it depends what time of the month it is".

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I have a notice outside my garage door that says Cats are dragons and in charge here
My cat named Kitty Sue is black with white tuxedo bib and socks. She has very green eyes and looks like
the dragon toothless in "how to train your dragon" movie.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I like the title OP! Catchy

As you said, ancient people spread amongst the globe over, with no immediate physical contact/communication, share a lot of similarities, in the dragon, great snake etc..

Then we know we had dinosaur monsters roaming casually and flying in our space, although a different "time" period.

Focus on, what does every people have in common and share, no matter what region they are inhabiting?

Sub conscious mind. Dreams. Visions. Internal worlds of our possible interdimensional selves.

Everyone could "see" (minds eye, third eye, mystic eye etc) dragons, fairies, elves, trolls, goblins, unicorns, reptilians, greya, demons, angels, whatever - beings from another realm not seen with two eyes.

How all these different cultures throughout time can have so much simular belief structures, idols, gods, magical creatures etc.. is explained internally.

I have seen several of those beings I listed through my minds eye, it's a natural function and ability of the mental faculty everyone has.

So did they leave? No, people stopped seeking internally and got disconnected. Which is very evident if you view the human species from "alien-outsider perspective".

Cool thread

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I recently watched a show on TV where they provided provocative info about dragons now living on our moon...

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I personally believe that dragons do exist in the astral plane.
I have dreamed about them before, and once met something during a reading that was very dragon like and very large, so I am of the opinion that they do exist in some form.

Perhaps they were here at one point and time physically.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
There's the legend about "thunder birds" which are large birds that are only seen during thunderstorms due to the strong thermals. This website has a photograph:

cryptomundo.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Without saying much incase i seem insane, I feel connected to your thought on this

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Interesting theory. On a somewhat humorous note, there are two in my living room right now, if one follows Chinese astrology. Both my second daughter and I were born in the year of the dragon.
sorry, couldn't resist.

So, your idea is that dragons became cats? Or they can take over cats? Not clear on that.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Could dragons be in our living rooms?

ROFFELLL

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
My cat says "Please, we aren't dragons, we have superior intellect, we enslaved the humans instead of retreating off plane."

My Ferrets just look at her and snicker with a wild glimmer in their eye. Clearly the OP has never met a ferret. Bedside I thought we already determined that cats are alien camcorders

edit on 6/6/2015 by calstorm because: (My smilie is broken)

edit on 6/6/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Every time my mother-in-law visits,
and starts breathing fire ,... YES

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: macpdm
Sorry just read this title out aloud and my wife looked at me and said "it depends what time of the month it is".

You should marry her

Cats are alien camcorders. Stupid mobile won't let me link but here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 0620150620151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1 Domo, That thread should have been the first thing I thought of, given that thread is referenced often in my house. I think I was in the process of editing when you posted.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Every time I think of it I crack up.

On topic perhaps the reason cats seem like dragons is because people talking about dragons described them that way. The animators used cats for some of the actions and features of the dragon Toothless in How To Tame Your Dragon.

As I recall people used to say some sort of igneous rock was dragon poop because screw it makes more sense. My teacher might have been full of it and I'm too lazy to look it up on mobile.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
In terms of the thread title - yes dragons could be in your room right now.

In terms of dragons being cats, hell no. Dragons are fiery seraphs or class 1 angels with at least 2 wings and possibly 6 wings.

Cats don't have a choice of eye colour. Dragons (seraphs) do, with black (Dominion level 4), red (Power level 3), white (Seraph/Cherub level 7-8) and blue (Watcher level 1-8).

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

This is an interesting theory. I feel it is quite possible that they were inter-dimensional beings that simply relocated or incarnated as another species. I'm not feeling the dragon vibe from cats though, despite their eyes.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I don't have a cat except for a stray cat that seems to like sneaking into my back yard. I do have a lot of encounters with lizards. I saw a baby lizard when I was staring at something green on my floor. It moved after it saw me staring at it. Lizards remind me more of dragons. I'm a bit concerned I found a baby lizard. Makes me wonder how it got inside and if there are more. I did not kill the lizard. I captured it and put it outside. I don't mind them outside but I prefer they stop sneaking into my house. I can imagine being friendly with a dragon. I have two species of lizards in my yard. I like the smaller green lizards better than the skinks if that is the correct name. I can imagine giant flying lizards would scare a lot of people just like a crawling big lizard scares people.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Sometimes a dragon roars. Sometimes a dragon soars. To gibber as a madman, to be a king. Living is what comes with age. The oldest dragon becomes a sage. Ragged and torn a bloody thing. His brother is conquistador and a king. Life is a funny thing. Dragons is a fairy tale. Keep that in mind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join