It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New theory, addition on why we haven't found advance alien life .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think earth is rare, that it has only one sentient species. I think most planets, that can sustain life, has more than one sentient species.

If you look at wars and fighting we have done as the human species. Could you imagine if two different mammals and a reptile, all evolved into sentient species at the same time
The would spend all resource for war,and all science for better weapons! They would destroy themselves and the planet.
Never having time to consider space!

Just one theory I have . Would like to hear your thoughts , if it's likely or not?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
So you think the aliens all killed each other off?

I think we're just too far to tell.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

I think distance ,time ,natural disasters and others too!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DEANORULES24

What if extraterrestrials didn't visit our world due to it being a sacred area(I'm referring to the paranormal events happening in our world)?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I have thought about that, because sometimes I try to write good science-fiction and I try to imagine credible aliens which would have taken a different evolutionary path than us, because of their environment or genetics. For instance, I thought about 2 different species who would have evolved to the point of intelligence, and I like to imagine that those 2 species would be interdependent, like a parasite and his host, but both providing to the other some evolutionary advantage, a bit like mitochondria in our cells. I have a hard time imagining 2 species evolving to sentience at the same time without interdependence of some kind.

edit : I have also imagined that at some point, their technology would make one species 'useless' to the other. For example, let's imagine that species A is the "eyes" of species B, but then at some point species B develops a technology that makes it able to 'see' without the help of species A, then what would happen ?
edit on 4-6-2015 by gosseyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The only issue with this theory is that a we can base our evidence on is the singular events that have taken place on earth and to humanity itself.

As of yet, we are the only species that is capable of making "advanced" technology.

We cannot form very accurate statistical values with such little to go on unfortunately

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
What if two species lived in a simbiotic relationship? What if their survival was only successful on their two seperate inputs into the whole?
I've had certain feeling in the past that we, as humans, are convicts. Let me expand. I think we live on a prison planet. We are the few that causes trouble in the civilised universe and have been exiled to this world.
They know we cannot get off this planet for generations and in that time period the violent nature we carry could be erradicated.
Probably all the ufo s are the wardens coming to check to see if we have lost the violent streak. You know we have not so therefore they do not want to know us. We are not ready to join the civilised universe. Or not.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Or, there aren't any. At least not close enough to find US, or they aren't inherently curious. Or friendly. Or social.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Would have to agree, there may be proof in the end of Neanderthals. a reply to: DEANORULES24

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
According to 70,000 credible (Millions more are not that credible), so sticking with the 70,000 credible MUFON reports, alien sentient life has already found us.

What we are left with is watching people try to force this to be on their own terms, which is to say society isn't ready or allowed to acknowledge this, so we get to watch the denial and the ignorance continue on as if this question has not been answered already.

Some of us choose to accept the reality.

Don't forget the arrogance of our academia and scientific community which also attempts to control this reality and make it into fiction. A rewriting of reality to suit our current social condition.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
According to 70,000 credible (Millions more are not that credible), so sticking with the 70,000 credible MUFON reports, alien sentient life has already found us.

What we are left with is watching people try to force this to be on their own terms, which is to say society isn't ready or allowed to acknowledge this, so we get to watch the denial and the ignorance continue on as if this question has not been answered already.

Don't forget the arrogance of our academia and scientific community which also attempts to control this reality and make it into fiction. A rewriting of reality to suit our current social condition.

70,000 and not one good clear undisputable photo or solid piece of evidence.
Not very credible after all.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DEANORULES24

Thats a very limited and dim view of something so advanced you wouldn't notice it if it was standing next to you. You're expecting little green men...we wouldn't even know.

You are stating here they'll be something to fit your concept. Mine is they are here, been here, and we havent a clue what they are or where.....and I'm just dumb enough to realize they aren't....dumb or maybe not recognizable even.

Quit looking up waving when we haven't any idea
edit on 4-6-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
1. ET does not want us to know yet, or we'd know. We're still being programmed or tested, or something that I don't approve of, unless its rescued.

2. Our leaders do not want to share, reveal clean technology or give up their domination of us, and our world. They would rather destroy everyone.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

70,000 and not one good clear undisputable photo or solid piece of evidence.
Not very credible after all.

It is perfectly credible. Maybe not to those without the ability to make logical deductions. A common frame of reference is required first, in the form of aptitude.
If you don't have the aptitude to connect the dots, then you won't connect the dots and will be left guessing. Like yourself from the looks of it.
Don't worry about it. Let others who understand this problem do the work.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
i believe the answer we're looking for is distance, it's all just too bloody far away.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I was diggin ya Bro, right until

Let others who understand this problem do the work.

not cool.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

i believe the answer we're looking for is distance, it's all just too bloody far away.
a reply to: scubagravy
Wow, that's freaky. I think the answer is to stop calling something "distance." Every answer and any position is right next to us...

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DEANORULES24
I think earth is rare, that it has only one sentient species. I think most planets, that can sustain life, has more than one sentient species.

If you look at wars and fighting we have done as the human species. Could you imagine if two different mammals and a reptile, all evolved into sentient species at the same time
The would spend all resource for war,and all science for better weapons! They would destroy themselves and the planet.
Never having time to consider space!

Just one theory I have . Would like to hear your thoughts , if it's likely or not?

Very likely, I'd bet...Keep in mind Earth has had one or more sentient species alive at the same time in the past. Neanderthals, and Homo Sapiens for instance (not to mention those 'Hobbit' people...Homo Florencis maybe? Not sure if that's the right name)

For quite a while the Earth was home to multiple human species, that were all probably sentient.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You can't find something that doesn't want to be found. I love the idea that there might be other's out there, but as it stands right now Earth is the only advanced planet out there. The idea that ET is here but hiding is ridiculous, the evidence should be overwhelming but it's not. All we ever get is blurry photo's and crappy video's. I'm still waiting for that so called mass visitation.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
What if humans did venture out into space and got into a war with all the other races at once cause we're generally dicks. We ended up kicking every species ass cause we're virtuosos of violence but in exchange they unleashed as one last desperate attempt to stop us a genophage that made all humans stupid. So stupid in fact that we destroyed ourselves afterwards cause we were board and now all the life in the universe is dead except for us and we're too stupid to realize it and will never make it to the galactic glory we once were.

Now all across the galaxy new alien species are being forged and are puzzling over ancient cave paintings depicting humans killing everything they see and worship us like some satanic diety?

That would make an excellent movie.
edit on 4-6-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join