It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana's Church Of Marijuana Granted Tax-Exempt Status From IRS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
might i ask in whose name they enjoy their herbal sacraments? out of curiosity.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Mother Mary of course.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: TzarChasm

Mother Mary of course.

hail mary, full of grass - i mean grace...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Good for him!

For all we know this guy might actually have it all figured out.

I mean honestly...

Moses had a conversation with a burning bush on Mount Horeb.

Eta. There is a real strain called Kosher Kush.

edit on 3-6-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The Church of Marijuana, and only 1 of the 12 rules are actually about marijuana, and it's not about worshiping the plant, but using it in a relaxing and healing way, the rest are of the rules are about being healthy, happy, and loving thy neighbour as thyself.

I don't see anything negative about this religion, but unfortunately, most will probably just see it as a joke.

a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Bad vibes? How is that possible? The rules tell people to be happy, healthy, and to follow Jesus' teaching of treating others as you would like to be treated (Matthew 7:12). It's not saying people should be stoned to death or that women are inferior to men; those type of rules, would give me bad vibes.

edit on 3-6-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
The Church of Marijuana, and only 1 of the 12 rules are actually about marijuana, and it's not about worshiping the plant, but using it in a relaxing and healing way, the rest are of the rules are about being healthy, happy, and loving thy neighbour as thyself.

I don't see anything negative about this religion, but unfortunately, most will probably just see it as a joke.

a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Bad vibes? How is that possible? The rules tell people to be happy, healthy, and to follow Jesus' teaching of treating others as you would like to be treated (Matthew 7:12). It's not saying people should be stoned to death or that women are inferior to men; those type of rules, would give me bad vibes.

if anyone sees it as a joke, that should make it right at home among modern religion.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

This is my favorite tenant from the twelve:
"2) The day starts with your smile every morning. When you get up, wear it first."

I wonder if they play the "Everything is Awesome" song from the LEGO movie at their services. I love that song, it annoys everyone around me...and for that reason, I love it.

Everything is awesome, everything is cool when you're part of a team...

I can't get on YT at the moment to link to it...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

This is my favorite tenant from the twelve:
"2) The day starts with your smile every morning. When you get up, wear it first."

I wonder if they play the "Everything is Awesome" song from the LEGO movie at their services. I love that song, it annoys everyone around me...and for that reason, I love it.

Everything is awesome, everything is cool when you're part of a team...

I can't get on YT at the moment to link to it...

for your viewing pleasure.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

a reply to: SubTruth

Answer? Answer to what? What's wrong with this guy taking advantage of a law to start a religion and gain tax exempt status? I don't even see how a religion having tax exempt status is a violation of separation of church and state provided that all federally recognized religions can have it.

FEDERALLY RECOGNIZED? That's the problem why does the Fed need to be involved at all? The Feds did not recognize the Mormons position of multiple wives so Utah had to change their laws to become a state. The indigenous peoples of the US had to fight like hell for the right to consume peyote for religious purposes from the Feds and they are a separate nation. Abolish the income tax and go to a consumption tax and get the Fed out of our lives.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I can't help but wonder if the world would be a better place if everyone embraced the religion of cannabis... at least every now and again.

Reminds me of this Robin Williams bit.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I know it and I love it too! I sing it every time I watch the movie.

"I could sing this for hours!" *5 hours later* "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!"

I love that movie. Very well done, and a great movie to watch at one of these church services. Haha!
edit on 4-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

It should be legalized and this wouldn't even be a discussion.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
might i ask in whose name they enjoy their herbal sacraments? out of curiosity.

For the source in the OP:

While some may question the true intent of a church that includes marijuana use as part of membership, Levin isn't joking around about his new faith. He says it's founded on universal principals of love, respect, equality and compassion. And similarly to other religious movements like the Rastafarians in Jamaica who see cannabis use as a sacrament, Levin said members of his church -- which he calls "canatarians" -- will adopt a similar belief in the plant. But unlike the Rastas, there is not a traditional deity at the top of this faith.

"It has nothing to do with God; I don't have the balls to describe a god to anybody," Levin told HuffPost in March.

Levin explained that his belief is that the human body is "hard-wired" for cannabis consumption for "health benefits." He believes that the plant helps to heal damage from processed and heavily sugared foods and drinks.

To be honest, I REALLY like this religion.
edit on 4-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I am not sure why, but up until this very moment, I was against religion. Now, I'm starting to see things a bit differently

I love those sacred tenants lol.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

then how exactly are these herbal practices considered a sacrament if no god or divine figure is recognized in the act?

to be clear, i dont have a problem with it. im just curious about the finer details. jotting down notes in case i decide to open my own church...

edit on 4-6-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Annunak1

I find the haste made in granting this to be odd, obviously there is an agenda to legalizing marajuana beyond getting high. Am I thinking too much into it? I totally endorse legalizing weed, but I find the recent hype about it to be odd. It seems tptb are deciding to endorse weed. Is this to keep us dumb? Before tptb hated it because it expanded the mind, but it also sedates you. Perhaps they found the effects of marajuana weigh to their benefit. Has mansanto perfected their gmo breed yet?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join