It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patient with Ebola-like symptoms taken to Johns Hopkins hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Another Ebola possibility here in the US. That makes 3 in as many weeks. It's being reported in the MSM again. I think more has been learned about the hemorrhagic virus and that raises the concern level higher than ever. Fear mongering or credible threat? In my opinion, the press was gagged. Ebola did not leave the U.S.. Having said that, this is likely to be something other than Ebola and this is another cautionary tale.

Emergency workers in hazmat gear visited a Baltimore neighborhood Sunday to transport a person showing Ebola-like symptoms to Johns Hopkins Hospital for testing, city officials said.

“The testing is being done out of an abundance of caution,” Baltimore health commissioner Leana Wen said in a statement. “All protocols have been followed for safe transport of the patient and the system is working as intended. There is no danger to the public at large.”

The person was collected by emergency personnel wearing hazmat gear near the intersection of West North Avenue and Maryland Avenue around midday Sunday, according to a police report. Described as severely ill, the person was said to have recently returned from Sierra Leone.

So what is this patients status?

Hopkins spokeswoman Lisa Broadhead refused to say whether a patient showing Ebola-like symptoms was being treated at the hospital. She also declined to say whether the hospital had reported any such treatment to the federal Centers For Disease Control (CDC) or whether the hospital was taking steps to protect staff and patients from potential Ebola exposure.

“Due to patient privacy policies we cannot answer these questions,” Broadhead said. “The safety of our patients, their families, and other visitors to the hospital is our top priority. Broadhead would not say whether Hopkins received a patient Sunday who was said to have recently visited that country, where there were more than 12,000 suspected Ebola cases and about 4,000 deaths from the illness.

Privacy and Ebola. Oxymoronic in nature. How well did that work in Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Guinea at the onset of the initial outbreak?

Wen, however, confirmed that the patient was being treated in an isolation room at the Hopkins hospital. She said an initial evaluation suggested that the illness was something other than Ebola, but that additional testing was being conducted to confirm that.

I sincerely hope this person does not have Ebola.

Source

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Baltimore huh? I'll have to look, but wonder if that was anywhere around the rioting. Idon't sign on to the whole government will infect us thing. Curious though.

Inb4 yes I know about MK Ultra and what they are capable of, but don't think they would experiment on citizens with Ebola.
edit on 31-5-2015 by Passive because: Spelling

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Passive

Many think they are behind the murder of 3000 people on 9/11 and funded by Saudi Arabia.

Just how far would our government go to retain power? Could they be capable to weaponize Ebola against their own?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I work in a hospital admissions unit.

Let me tell you that patients are coming in with "Ebola like-Symptoms" into our unit I would say at least once a month or ever six weeks. Its almost always malaria or some kind of tropical flu, the number of these patients with ebola like symptoms in hospitals all over the world is under reported in the press because it happens so much its pretty much a "non-story".

Come back and tell us if its confirmed then we have something to get excited about.

To be clear, I am not saying this poor dude does not have Ebola just that having "Ebola like symptoms" is not really newsworthy unless its confirmed, all it is is scaremongering.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Admissions unit that takes insurance info, etc? Do you get involved in the exam and diagnosis of the illness?

I indicated in the thread it is likely something else but this IS newsworthy to CBS. And to other people than you.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Must be the racist police.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Am in the UK, no need to worry about insurance

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Well then that explains why you are unaware why this is newsworthy!

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Not really, what I am saying to you is that there are lots of conditions that have people admitted to hospital quite regularly that present with "Ebola like symptoms" none of them are ever newsworthy.

If this was a patient admired with confirmed Ebola then yeah you would have something newsworthy in my view. Otherwise no this is just a non-story for me because I see this type of stuff quite bit day to day.

I don't know, perhaps for those who are unfamiliar with this stuff its exiting and news worthy.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

"Patient privacy and ebola" and having a problem with it is moronic. It's called HIPPA and it's stuff of that nature, individual rights, that ATS has a tendency to be for. You can't have it both ways. To compare burial traditions in other countries, as they aid the spread of ebola in a community, to a patient in a hospital, they are completely different in nature. If you are going to take a jab on a soap box to get props, least make sure it's legit. Far too often people do that, getting a one up on something, and it amounts to something someone with a pitchfolk would say. But that's another topic, or many.
edit on 2-6-2015 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

A non story for you. Get it?

I do know about these things, which is why I posted the thread and why, in my OP , I stated it is likely something else.

I am okay with your knowing how to admit people in hospital in another country, so you say, but that is not relevant to this story.

If there is the remotest possibility that Ebola lives in my country (outside of its isolated research facilities)...I want to know.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ghaleon12

Feel better? Hope so. I won't waste energy to offer much response.

Thanks for posting though.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Here's what I get. You get mad because we don't panic when you say, EBOLA. currently it is a nonevent. Ebola has been around for decades. No need to run for the hills screaming!

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Here's what I get. You get mad because we don't panic when you say, EBOLA. currently it is a nonevent. Ebola has been around for decades. No need to run for the hills screaming!

Exactly...First of all, until it's verified as actually being Ebola, it's a complete non-story. Even if it were verified as being Ebola, it still wouldn't be as large of an issue as you think. Remember, our healthcare system is fully equipped to deal with Ebola if it were to present itself. Lastly, just so you know, "Ebola-like symptoms" are pretty vague and non-specific. Many infections begin similarly to Ebola--Malaria being an example.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

A non story for you. Get it?

I do know about these things, which is why I posted the thread and why, in my OP , I stated it is likely something else.

I am okay with your knowing how to admit people in hospital in another country, so you say, but that is not relevant to this story.

If there is the remotest possibility that Ebola lives in my country (outside of its isolated research facilities)...I want to know.

What is relevant is that you have a health care professional who has cared for individuals with suspected Ebola telling you that this happens all the time and its almost never actually Eboal, Ebola like symptoms can be caused by quite a few conditions.

Now in my opinion, unless this is confirmed Ebola then its a non-story.

If you disagree that's fine but do go getting those panties in a twist because nobody else is going to start panicking.

top topics

join