It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secretary of State John Kerry in hospital after cycling accident

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Of course its right to worry about money!

Many Americans can barely afford healthcare and hes likely having ridiculous amounts of tax payer money spend just getting him to hospital.....over a simple broken leg when he could have just had a normal ambulance pick him up and take him to a normal hospital were HE pays for the healthcare himself out of his many riches.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

you forgot

6. his brother whopped his a@@.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I think the airlift may have been due to logistical reasons , Scionzier is a rural town in the Alps with a population of just over 6 thousand so I doubt they have the medical facilities to host the Secretary of State of the US , the airlift was likely necessary due to Kerry's age as well as his status.

How diplomatically embarrassing would it be to have the 71 year old Secretary of State die on the road journey to hospital , an airlift is the safer more expedient option.

edit on 31-5-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Anyone notice the video clip of him riding his bike with his security team? Several security personal riding their bikes along side him, security in a few cars riding behind him, and a motorcycle police officer riding in front. Ridiculous! If he needs this much security, maybe he should choose an indoor exercise regiment. It's a shame in this day and age, politicians need this much security to ride a bike. Not to mention, the amount of tax dollars being spent on guarding politicians.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I think its stupid they need a whole branch of protection.

In the UK they just get normal police, even the PM.

At the end of the say if you get assassinated you were obviously a # politician if people are that desperate to kill you.

Not as if politicians are not easily replaceable.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Blood doping, no doubt. The sport can't take another scandal. Hopefully he'll live and ride again, as I'm hoping he'll become the Dem nominee in '16 if Jeb gets the GOP slot.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if he blamed Putin for it.

What really happened: wink
'I was taking out Obamas bicycle 'ring ring' for a spin, when suddenly Putin that nasty Russian bear fighting muscle pumping thug ran into me and pushed me down while on his fifty mile hike.'

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Some protocols airlift leg injuries with deformities etc because of the severity and the need for blood which many ground units do not carry. With that being said, I still feel bad for the bicycle.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
He might be setting up an excuse for failure.

The Iran talks aren't going as well as He and Obama want.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That's what I thought,

How convenient during 'heated talks' with Iran's Foreign Minister that he'd have a spill like this and just .. get to leave the talks until a later date without having an immediate epic failure.

Although, breaking your femur bone of all bones is a pretty epic failure. Isn't that one of, if not the densest bones in your body?

edit on 5/31/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm no more a fan of him then any of you...

But really?

The man is 71 years old, and you just don't bounce back from things like that like you once did at that age...

Doesn't change my opinion of the man's politics a wit. But I wish him a speedy, and complete recovery.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I'm no more a fan of him then any of you...

But really?

The man is 71 years old, and you just don't bounce back from things like that like you once did at that age...

Doesn't change my opinion of the man's politics a wit. But I wish him a speedy, and complete recovery.

Will possibly need to use a cane, or have a limp, for the rest of his life, maybe.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
That may be a warning Kerry…

DON’T RUN FOR PRESIDENT

meSSage FrOM
hiLLary

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
First Harry Reid now John Kerry. Who is roughing up our Leaders? Putin?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: gortex
1) Mossad hit squad.
2) His homosexual prostitute abused him.
3) He got drunk and fell.
4) He had a heart attack and the government is keeping him in an induced coma.

OR

5) HE FELL OFF HIS BIKE.

option 1-4 almost sound like the plot in the TV series "Tyrant"!!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
So the Secretary of State whose 71 goes biking in the French Alp gets a boo boo.

I get a 71 going biking on the beach or a park.

But the French Alps ?

Ah the grand ole life of a one percenter.
edit on 31-5-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
First off I don't like Kerry one bit .

But I got halfway down the first page and saw all the cheers that the man hurt himself . Let me remind the idealistic, peaceloving wanting to end all misery compassionate members of ATS .

Old people regularly die from breaks in that area .

Shame on you all.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I get it that people don't like him but take it from me a broken leg can be a huge life changer all it takes is an infection and there goes the leg.

If any of you were in that position you would be begging for the same treatment that he got.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
this thread includes all the worst faults of ATS at the moment - is this really what we have descended to ?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

If any of you were in that position you would be begging for the same treatment that he got.

And we would not get it and be stuck with normal bog standard ambulances and healthcare.

So what makes a politician (A public servant) any more special?

working for and being paid by the taxpayer they should be stuck with the same services we do.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join