It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were to win $50 MILLION, what would you do?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Put the majority in savings, let it incrue interest.

Tithe appropriately to my Parish.

Rent a car and go see my Father.

Get two small 49cc Scooters for my husband and myself and a heavy duty chain lock. Donate a nice selection of craft supplies to our Mental Health clinic for their art therapy program. Continue working on what I've been working on my whole life on a moderate allowance. Not starve two weeks out of the month anymore.

Pretend the savings doesn't exist and never speak of it to anyone.

edit on 5/31/15 by GENERAL EYES because: freaking formatting

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Build a fund for my children, buy my mother plane tickets to travel the world, find myself a cosy little place close to my kids and enjoy the rest of my life with out working for the man.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Found a non-profit organization devoted to building the single most comprehensive live, open source medical database of digital anatomical images ever created.

Embed everything and scan all of you.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Found a non-profit organization devoted to building the single most comprehensive live, open source medical database of digital anatomical images ever created.

Embed everything and scan all of you.

Illuminati confirmed.

Jokes aside.... hmmm... make sure family is comfortable then spend my days helping homeless, kids in the hospital of disease, make people happy, cheer people up as much as possible. Give when and where i can.

edit on 3152015 by southernplayalistic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
First I'd take care of the important things like have all the sinks and bathtubs carpeted, get a brand new state of the art electric cat washer, some x-ray glasses and a few pair of identical brown shoes. get my mom her own tube, and get a hair cut like that guy that likes Lamborghini's and knowledge. And pay a crack team of Doctors to bring Hunter S. Thompson back from the dead so he can tell us how he really died. Hire my own private Zen Buddhist priest. And perhaps go to rehab again.
edit on 31-5-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: southernplayalistic

Ah your funny. Yeah, that sounds scary, huh? It's good though, we would be creating a sort of anatomical "golden mean" that would help to greatly enhance medical diagnosis and surgical accuracy.

But yeah, I'm trying to pull legs.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Yeah here's the thing. Where are you going to live? Buy a house in a rich neighborhood. Then what do you tell your hard working neighbors what you do for a living. Then at that moment you take a gulp and realize just before you draw a breath to say...I won the lottery...maybe you better just not tell anyone. Speaking of not telling anyone, a guy recently here in BC won 50 mil and waited to the last day to claim it. A whole year. Now that takes stamina.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Build a series of B&B's down in Texas Hill Country, and retire my wife and i to a life of Hospitality Lodging.

Buy an RV and just start driving where ever i am going.

Build a log cabin in the Colorado mountains and watch the seasons change

Drop a line in the lake off the back of my houseboat, and crack open a few beers

Lord, I could think of tons of retirement options that would be nice, and wouldn't use but a portion of that amount of cash. Leaving plenty to help folks along the way as appropriate.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Probably sleep around.... a lot.... get really drunk on obscenely expensive liquor... smoke fancy cigars...

Probably try to buy something no one has thought of buying yet. (amputated leg? I dunno... and dip that # in gold.)

Make my already very fast mk2 gti, the fastest street legal car in the world... Then proceed to drive it so fast on a city street it makes the news and get's confiscated... then build another one.

I would most likely be a #ing dick to every human being around me because I've spent years in the service industry being treated like the lowest # there is(undeserved I might add.)

Now I'm drunk so I'm being obnoxious. I'd make sure my family is set for their for seeable futures. I'd set up college funds for my to young to understand family members.

I'd tell a few other obnoxious family members what I really think of their bull#.

If I won 50 million I'd do all the impossible things I could never do.

I'd go travel to australia. I think that's the farthest one can go before turning around... I'm probably never going to be able to afford to go there, so yeah I'd go there.

I'd buy a homeless man a house. I probably wouldn't have any specific criteria if i had 50 million... it'd just be the first homeless guy i met and something moderate he could live in... I hope.

I'd have to give most of it to family and those in need because if i kept it I'd die in a wreck, or get corrupt and lose who i am.

I actually almost wish I never win that amount of money... some of it would be great and myself and love ones would go to school at the very least but... wow. yeah 50 million... that's disgusting.

Oh and this is currently the worlds fastest golf.... it's not street legal as far as I know though.....

edit on 31-5-2015 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Leaving plenty to help folks along the way as appropriate.

That is the real problem right there . Just last Thursday 50 mill was up for grabs . While telling one of my workmates what i would do with it when i won he said " i hope you do , then you can pay my car off ." . It was like he was entitled to a share just by knowing me . I am sorry but it would be family first . Sure there will be people that you might give a little help to get them back on their feet , but if they get the idea that their problems are over just because you got lucky then it becomes a big problem .

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

- Immediately tell my husband he could retire.
- Move somewhere less stressful and with less crime.
- Tell my daughter she could go to college for as long as she wishes and get as many degrees as she wanted to.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I manage money for a living....and have no problem at all giving a middle finger when relevant.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Tex... i only manage the making of someone else's money for a living and I happen to give the middle finger here and there as well.

Tips to you my friend. I'll say eff the man here, but only because i know he will never read it.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
!.) Set up college accounts for the kids through grad school if they so desire education that far. I'd see about having any remaining balance locked until retirement age or for a home purchase for them if they don't use the whole sum for education.

2.) Immediately plan out a year or two of world travel, modestly, and set aside that amount in an account specifically for that.

3.) Pay off any & all debts.

4.) If we don't own a house yet, buy one. Cash.

5.) Go back down to FL & visit old friends. Then surprise every one of them that ever helped us out in a crunch with a check. It's the least we could do, even though we owe no one.

6.) Divvy up the rest between savings accounts, and possibly CDs or bonds. Likely just savings accounts, though, I think the return on high balance account is significantly better still. And just live off the interest & pay monthly bills, and designate an account for charity giving.

7.) Make sure in our wills, that upon death, the remainder of the winnings is divided between the kids, and charities. Everyone gets an equal sum.

There's pretty much nothing materialistic I can think of that I want. I'm as low-maintenance as women come, & a tightwad as it is. $50 mil, managed right, would last a very long time & help more than just the winning family on a consistent basis.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I would buy or lease a small private jet and enjoy traveling again---after taking care of family, of course. I'd also buy the farm that my grandfather once owned so I could live in a place where I can't see my nearest neighbor's lights.
Along the way I would have a ton of fun handing out cash and playing Secret Santa year round!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I would buy a modest house for myself , go on too see the world for about a year , then i would go to Africa to use my money in own funded projects to build schools and housing complexes , also i come from a country with a great agriculture , i would hire experts to teach the people how to work the lands.

I would not give them money as it would end up in corrupt officials pockets , i would give them houses and knowledge to be self sufficient.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I have dreamed of winning a lot of money...I guess many of us do.

One of the things I would really do is make sure in all the local schools where I live...the poor children would always be able to have breakfast and lunch for free; I would pay for it...I would oversee this breakfast and lunch program to make sure the funds are used correctly; and then so the children would have food on the weekends too...I would provide a food voucher for each child's family so they would have food on the weekends. This is one of my dreams.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I would buy a moderate house of my own, and i would stock it with years worth of food.
Stock up on gold and silver and ammunition and firearms.

I would make the money last the rest of my lifetime so i dont have to work for it.

I would also be very charitable to my friends and family members

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Galadriel

When your campervanning around nz you could stop by my house and have coffee and great food, maybe help me fix my rotten bathroom floor so we can use the shower again, and I could take you to my dads organic farm in the coromandel its beautiful in that area. In fact nz is beautiful all over.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I'd help out a lot of people

At least 200 people.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join