It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! The Taste Of Humble Pie Is Terrible!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
Bummer. I thought this was going to be about one of your other threads...

Do tell, which other thread would you like to throw under the bus? Feel free to share it here.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Me too!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
I love spell check , more so since the letter n started needing a real tap to work . Apart from that though it doesn't matter a real lot as being Australian i have a right to butcher the English language .

Aye mate g'day!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: spiritualKat33

Why didn't you post this in the other thread?

That is a fair question and the answer is forthcoming. That other thread was a rant and this is not. That other thread got derailed. I wanted my apology to be seen by all, not just those that entered that thread. Any more questions?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Well said. Not really! And what is your excuse?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaxnmarko

I am very sorry to hear that you weren't embraced for your point. I find the poor spelling, punctuation, and grammar here to be atrocious and a shame. I'm not sure if it is a reflection on our school systems or the lack of education, but neither of these are an excuse as people can continue to educate themselves their whole lives.

Without good spelling, punctuation, and grammar, communication breaks down and gets confusing. I find a certain book about this problem quite amusing. Titled Eats, Shoots & Leaves. Or is it... Eats shoots, and leaves? Or Eats shoots and leaves.

Or Eats. Shoots. And Leaves. Eating something, then shooting something, then heading out. Or eating the shoots of plants then taking off. Or eating the shoots and leaves of plants.... all the same words, just the punctuation that matters. Yet people here seem to care little and would rather belittle people for promoting how to communicate well. Shove the humble pie aside and take pride in your attempts to HELP others.

Nope. The humble pie was necessary. Running sentences with no end in a paragraph are annoying to me too. Not sure what excuse can be used there. Is that an issue with being on a phone? Is that a cultural issue? Is that a lack of education? Or is that just being lazy and not caring?

I do owe an apology to those that I judged without taking certain factors into account, but it doesn't mean that I won't point out obvious moments in lack of preparation from replies to OP's or the OP's themselves.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I, now, realize that even grammar enthusiasts are not that great at punctuation.

Here, let me get that for you!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BentBone

I am far more interested in whether you are a Neo-con Zionist warmonger or a good person, rather than grammar.

And it is my opinion that it would be better for the OP if some time and effort went into presentation, rather than just distracting from what was being put forth. If I want to draw attention to misspelling and poor grammar or ill placed punctuation then I could do so. I happen to take pride in trying to be correct in how I present my ideas.

Again, I apologize to those that are using their phones and I apologize to those that are from other countries and I apologize to those with education deficiencies, but I do not apologize to lazy people who have the intelligence but refuse to take the time to fix things when they are so obvious.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: EnochRoot

Me too. I am not one to just harp on the occasional misstep in a presentation or reply. I can usually let it slide when someone at least makes an effort. I am far from prrrrrrrrrrfect, but at least I do make a concerted effort, which is more than I can say for quite a few.
edit on 6 1 2015 by spiritualKat33 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6 1 2015 by spiritualKat33 because: OKD...obsessive Kat disorder! See, I just did it!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

Does it taste like crow? Minus the feathers I hope.

It tastes like sh*t and molasses as my mother liked to say. Usually, that was her response to the question, "Hey Mom what's for dinner?"

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualKat33
Again, I apologize to those that are using their phones and I apologize to those that are from other countries and I apologize to those with education deficiencies, but I do not apologize to lazy people who have the intelligence but refuse to take the time to fix things when they are so obvious.
Lol, how can any of us know which grouping ATS members may or may not fall under?
The closest I ever get to pulling someone up is if I don't understand what they are trying to say, then I usually reply "I'm sorry, I don't understand your message, are you able to clarify...".
...or I just ignore it

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Sorry to hear that. I hope you are getting help for that. Yet just one more thing for me to add to viable excuses that people have for not properly formulating sentences with the correct grammar, punctuation and spelling. Good luck to you and I hope you feel better soon. If you don't mind me asking, what is the source of your PTSD?
edit on 6 1 2015 by spiritualKat33 because: OKD...obsessive Kat disorder! See, I just did it!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You are right. I just thought for those that could grasp the concept and handle the constructive criticism would benefit greatly. Or just get ignored.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I do that too and I think that is what really gets me irritated, hearing their annoying voices, LOL!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

They're/Their/There does mildly annoy me though, but hey, I keep it to myself where I see it.
The UK/US differences in English are enough to keep up with.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

It tastes like sh*t and molasses as my mother liked to say.

I've never had it myself. It doesn't sound appetizing. You want some gum to get rid of the flavor?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I am sure your humble pie will taste great with ice-cream.
Everything tastes better with ice-cream with little sprinkles.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualKat33

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Why didn't you post this in the other thread?

That is a fair question and the answer is forthcoming. That other thread was a rant and this is not. That other thread got derailed. I wanted my apology to be seen by all, not just those that entered that thread. Any more questions?

Yeah - just how is this an 'exercise' in humility?

You are not humbling yourself before those you offended.

You are acting in a prideful manner in front of others by boasting of your 'new found' humility. This separate thread "to tell everyone" how you had this humbling experience is self-aggrandizing.

edit on 1-6-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Rape, domestic violence, witnessing suicide, children were killed by their fathers drunk driving without a license due to DUI, the usual fun stuff. But of course I just need to pick myself by my bootstraps right? I mean clearly my issues are mind over matter and due to an attachment to the material world, as some ATS'ers have told me.

Sorry if I come across as a bit bitter, but it never fails that every time I mention here I get someone tell me that it is because I am weak minded and need to toughen up. They aren't the ones that screaming in the middle of the night without ever being aware of it on the night you are actually able to get a little bit of sleep. My deepest apologizes to my husband for his sleep deprivation due to that. I seriously did think I slept a solid 5 hours, I didn't realize I was thrashing and screaming in my sleep I swear!

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

I have replied to this thread

I didn't see anything else

the reason why I replied is because you started a game
and clearly asked participants to check the grammar

I love that game and wanted to keep it flowing
I had to use the word series as in TV series but I wanted to turn it away from TV
I came up with a sentence but wasn't sure if the grammar made sense I was pretty sure it did
but the again you put so much efford into OP and I didn't want to screw it up
but then again I thought I am not going to bother u like that so I just posted it

yes my Mac auto correct grammar and spelling
my phone auto corrects too, but for some reason not here on
ATS and that is kind of bizare

lol btw you went offline and I though u hate us now
I like your style here on ATS u are funny

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join