It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minister Jailed and Fined Over Gay Marriage! (Jail reduced to Probation)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It finally happened. A minister has been jailed and fined over Gay Marriage. Oh the persecution!!!

Wait a second. Before you all start with the "I told you so" comments, there's a twist.

Turns out this was a minister who chose to marry a same sex couple, which is legally allowed by the federal court of Alabama. She has been jailed for 30 days and fined $250 for exercising her "Religious Freedom". (Update: The 30 day sentence was reduced to probation.)

This happened in February and yet complete silence from the "Religious Freedom" activists who are all crying about how Gay Marriage will lead to them being persecuted and the destruction of Christianity.

How could this happen??? Well, first of all, this minister is from a nondenominational church rather than being Christian. Second, because the a local judge has apparently ignored the federal courts ruling. Funny how that works isn't it. Doesn't get much more hypocritical than this folks.

I guess in Alabama, Religious Freedom mean only for Christians while everyone else has a different set of rules. Once again proving that the whole Religious Freedom thing is noting but BS Christians illegally and immorally snatching control over peoples lives and freedom to serve only themselves. They don't believe in Religious Freedom except for themselves. They aren't being persecuted, they are doing the persecuting. How much more evidence do you need before you admit that it's all a scam and a lie??? They are using this to create "special treatment" for themselves so they can punish whoever they choose.

WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Two things:

1. Alabama's Supreme Court overturned the Federal Court's ruling.
Source

2. Non-denominationals are Christians. AKA "full gospel" rather than Baptist or Catholic, etc.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
"According to reports, DiPrizio, a Unitarian minister, offered to marry a lesbian couple on Feb. 10 in the Autauga County Probate Office and wouldn't leave the office when asked by probate office officials.

Probate Judge Al Booth had stopped holding marriage ceremonies in his office on Feb. 9."

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: stopbeingnaive

As usual, liberals can't just shoot it to you straight.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

edit on 29-5-2015 by stopbeingnaive because: (no reason given)

Just to be clear I'm for legalizing same-sex marriages. I just believe in getting all the information out there. She was arrested because a moratorium had been issued on all marriages.
edit on 29-5-2015 by stopbeingnaive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

This is an example of small government though right?

The man is on probation for marrying some one...Pretty sad if you ask me.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Two things:

1. Alabama's Supreme Court overturned the Federal Court's ruling.
Source

2. Non-denominationals are Christians. AKA "full gospel" rather than Baptist or Catholic, etc.

1. That ruling is for March. This happened in Feb.

2. Whatever. Can't Christians just decide on something without all the confusion?? Ok, so that was my bad on that one.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

a reply to: stopbeingnaive

As usual, liberals can't just shoot it to you straight.

Yeah, that's it.

So what about her "Religious Freedom"????

(post by Bone75 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

So what about her "Religious Freedom"????

What about it? She wasn't arrested for exercising her religious freedom.

She was arrested for disorderly conduct or contempt of court (depending on which libtard you ask).

Basically the judge said "No one performs a marriage in this office but me" and she said "Oh yeah, well I'm doing it anyway".

Hence the charges. It had nothing to do with the fact that she was marrying 2 lesbians.

edit on 29-5-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: stopbeingnaive

Just to be clear I'm for legalizing same-sex marriages. I just believe in getting all the information out there. She was arrested because a moratorium had been issued on all marriages.

On January 28, 2015, the Southern Poverty Law Center filed a judicial ethics complaint against Moore, stating that he had publicly commented on pending same-sex marriage cases and encouraged state officials and judges to ignore federal court rulings overturning bans on same-sex marriage.[29][30]

Moore issued an order to probate judges and state employees on February 8, the day before a federal court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage in Alabama was set to take effect, ordering them to disregard the ruling and enforce the state's ban under threat of legal action by the governor.[31]

On February 9, after the US Supreme Court allowed the federal court ruling to take effect, probate judges in Birmingham, Montgomery, and Huntsville disobeyed Moore and issued marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

Looks like there are folks on both sides of this issue and Roy Moore isn't God of Alabama even though he would like to be. I guess he's got his minions and he's got his opposition as well.

He's ordering other judges to disobey the rulings of a higher court. His leading by example is encouraging judges to disobey rulings. That's what this minister was doing. But Moore only wants them to disobey rulings he doesn't agree with. Like I said, HYPOCRISY at it's finest.

What happened to her "Religious Freedom"??? Why isn't anyone answering that question???

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Basically the judge said "No one performs a marriage in this office but me" and she said "Oh yeah, well I'm doing it anyway".

Hence the charges. It had nothing to do with the fact that she was marrying 2 lesbians.

Have you been following what's been going on in Alabama??? This may be a poor example as well as bad reporting, I'll admit that. But this does have something to do with the fact she was marrying 2 lesbians.

This state is very divided on the issue, with a some judges opposing rulings and demanding that others follow and other judges doing the opposite. It's coming down to a showdown depending upon the Supreme Court Ruling. That's when things will get interesting.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Being from the south, my advice would just be to just drive around Alabama if you're not a white Christian.
They don't seem to take kindly to dope-head hippies or queers in that neck of the woods.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Have you been following what's been going on in Alabama??? This may be a poor example as well as bad reporting, I'll admit that. But this does have something to do with the fact she was marrying 2 lesbians.

Perhaps it does... perhaps it doesn't. I don't know.

This state is very divided on the issue

No, the state and federal judges are divided on the issue. Let the people vote on it and you'll find that the state isn't divided on it at all.

The options should be:

Gay marriage Yes

Gay marriage No

Gay marriage Yes
(with the option to not participate)

Almost everyone would choose the last option, but that's just not good enough for the liberals because their true goal behind the movement is to decimate Christianity in the process.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

No, the state and federal judges are divided on the issue. Let the people vote on it and you'll find that the state isn't divided on it at all.

Yeah right, as if any state is 100% aligned on anything. Not even Alabama, although I'm sure it's leaning in a majority to one side.

The options should be:

Gay marriage Yes

Gay marriage No

Gay marriage Yes
(with the option to not participate)

Almost everyone would choose the last option, but that's just not good enough for the liberals because their true goal behind the movement is to decimate Christianity in the process.

That 3rd choice is the same as the 1st one. This is so obvious to every sane person on earth. You've provided even another example to prove this in that you can't even write it above without making them identical but just added a little caption on one like it changes the meaning of the word "Yes". That whole argument is so tired. Anyone who doesn't want to participate in it shouldn't provide services for weddings then. Otherwise, suck it up and do your job. Ever wonder how many gay people all of the "persecuted business owners" have done business with and didn't realize it??? Come on....

If they hire your services, you're not a guest, you've been hired to do your job. How pretentious to use the word participate. About as much participation as the guy who drops off the keg or the janitor who cleans up after the reception. It's not like any of these complainers were asked to be part of the wedding party or even a guest. They offer a service like the guy who washes dishes and would simply do their jobs but they're bigots who can't stand gays. If you can't see that you're blind.

BTW Christianity is destroying itself. It's been completely hijacked by Evangelical Dominionists pushing for dominance in both the legal and moral/social platforms. The paranoia and delusions of persecution is just putting all Christian Craziness into high gear and high exposure as they display just how nuts they really are for the world to see.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Well I'm a commie, so you're barking up the wrong tree with that one.

No, the woman is on probation because the judge told her told her to take it outside instead of in his office and she refused. At least that's what I've gathered so far. Filtering out the libtard garbage to get to the facts is a tiring process.

The word libtard is offensive and childish. I don't make up funny names for you. I bet you make up funny names for the President, too. Grow up.
edit on 29-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

(post by reldra removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: stopbeingnaive

Just to be clear, a moratorium on all marriages is not legal, and this judges decision is a crime. Just because some asshat employee elected to serve the people, read employer, gets an itchy finger and suddenly demands power over others and wants to write laws, acts, statutes and all sorts of nasty things up, doesnt mean ANYONE HAS TO LISTEN OR OBEY. Those kinds of things that violates individual infinite rights and are unconstitutional ARE NULL AND VOID AT CONCEPTION.

This judge made a mistake.

By the way, everyone should have been marrying homosexuals all along as well as those laws violate the constitution.
Marriage is not on the table, its one of the infinite rights we have. They never had any right to make laws about it. Relating to child and relating to incest, for protection of individuals and even the nation under common law, and species such as your pet, that is positive because common law deals with the litany of not harming others. But based on sexual preference, nada. Not even common law or constitution has any right interfering with human decisions of that sort AND AS SUCH NULL AND VOID.

In addition, in their huge bible of laws and precedents, some of them obviously crimes and null and void items as well. Any other laws or acts or statutes or traditions that would give them momentum to carry through in violating human rights, would also be null and void at conception.

That term legally means, these things do not exist at all.
edit on 29-5-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Of course "religious freedom" always meant Christian religious freedom. Just look how upset Christians get when Satanists try to do the same things that Christians do with the government. This has ALWAYS been a hypocritical argument. Though it is always nice to expose the hypocrisy for what it is. So there's that too.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Well I'm a commie, so you're barking up the wrong tree with that one.

No, the woman is on probation because the judge told her told her to take it outside instead of in his office and she refused. At least that's what I've gathered so far. Filtering out the libtard garbage to get to the facts is a tiring process.

The word libtard is offensive and childish. I don't make up funny names for you. I bet you make up funny names for the President, too. Grow up.

Don't worry, when people use derogatory words like that to talk about another political affiliation, it just shows that the person is full of rhetoric and fluff but not much content.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join