It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Jellyfish (???) UFO

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Now you know and won't make the same mistake again..

At least you aren't sticking your fingers in your ears trying to ignore that it's just a simple lens flare.

Lol...I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong.

But until I see detailed explanation to explain HOW it happened, then it's just a hypothesis...no matter who offers it up. At least that's how I roll....

Honestly, I thought it would be something more along the lines of an atmospheric phenomena related to the storm, so I most certainly DID learn something.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
But until I see detailed explanation to explain HOW it happened, then it's just a hypothesis...no matter who offers it up. At least that's how I roll....

Here you go:

Extracted from "analysis methodology" here

If we apply this to your photo, it's evident that this is a lens flare with picture’s optical center matches its geometrical center:

edit on 24-5-2015 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Lens flare or a remote possibility of an atmospheric effect.
I'm not thinking alien craft at all on this.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

You know, I was going to make a thread on that photo a few day ago... but i didn't . I just knew that i would be wasting my time.Now, I'm not saying that this is a UFO or aliens, but i don't see a lens flare either.To me it looks look like some sort of an anomaly...like a portal of some sort(
). Anyway thanks for posting. S&F for a little bump.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: elevenaugust

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!!

Well done!!! This should remove all hint of doubt and is how deconstructing evidence is really done.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jammer2012

I had serious doubts this was anything alien. I truly thought it would be something more atmospheric due to the storm...perhaps a lightning effect of some type.

At the same time, I fully admit I know very little about photography so I was open to interpretation provided it could be properly explained. Now that it has, I'm satisfied....

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Redmer 20 mei 2015 om 15:42

OMFG OMFG ZE KOMEN HELP HELP

I went to Harry Clipperton’s blog and pulled out some of the responses from our Dutch analogs. I did not know that the Netherlands has the same sort of penchant for “Mysteries” and the “Unexplained” as the rest of us do.

I got a lot of entertainment value out of these, I hope that you all do too.

Clipperton's Blog

gerard of otting May 22, 2015 at 07:00

I've also seen it on the A28 on May 19 between hoogeveen and Assen between 00:00 and 00:45 , it hung in the north west lies a green " light " which hovered below the clouds. We thought a helicopter or something but it hung really quiet.

Johan May 20, 2015 at 13:38

Given the color, instead of the sun , it would not surprise me that it is a green flame , as you can occasionally see at sunset. This is due to the prism effect of the atmosphere , in this case of the water droplets in clouds.

Pinocchio May 20, 2015 at 13:37
Lens Flare. Draw a line through the middle of your image , you will be out in the sun . The reason that this flare is flattened compared to a normal flare is because a part of the sun is obscured by cloud through which the source of the flare is not round.

RobV6 May 20, 2015 at 14:40

Not so crazy with all these earthquakes there in Groningen ... ..daar the atmosphere will also tremble and yes , you get crazy things t ... lol

That one gets me excited.

Here’s Clipperton on the 20th:

Hello everyone,

I am definitely not a UFO believer , as some of you think. Not for nothing, I applied to the song of the Byrds link under the photo.

There was also a drop on my lens, because I have checked, as I wrote. Moreover, lens flare gives a very different, much larger effect - I 'm familiar with it , see here:
groninganus.wordpress.com...

I rather think of a weather phenomenon, namely, that the sun peeped through a crack in that dark cloud that gave the optical effect with that halo. By Theo Jurriëns (RUG) the question now lies at the KNMI.

Yours sincerely,

Harry Clipperton

So, Harry Clipperton has sent the images on to KNMI, which is the Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute

Elinek May 20, 2015 at 16:06

highlighting plasma after an electrical discharge , lightning so . Pretty unique to have a picture of this

Klaas May 20, 2015 at 22:51

I go for the luminous plasma after an electrical discharge, lightning so " Eline. I do not know why exactly, but she does look trustworthy .

And maybe this link explains why Klaas puts his faith in the opinion of Elinek.

zendamateur.elinek.nl...

Fokko May 20, 2015 at 16:07

Funny that you have removed the Telegraph this.
It does not look like a lens flare.
I rather think a weather phenomenon .
A special form as well .

Groningsche anus (Clipperton) May 20, 2015 at 16:25

Exactly, that's my idea

Jorg Schneider May 20, 2015 at 16:23

HAARP ? ?

Monique May 20, 2015 at 16:26

Way too nice for HAARP ... . : )))

Jappie May 20, 2015 at 20:00

…I even know what kind of device which was taken, a Sony...and I do not think this is a UFO ...... we can make only big news of UFOs as they try and show times sig… So now do not be afraid or something…

likes to dance May 21, 2015 at 17:16

Looks strangely out but flare sounds plausible.
It struck me that the light beam is indeed exactly from the direction of the sun.

Groningsche anus (Clipperton) May 22, 2015 at 22:05

The latter I agree with you. But flare is usually round and regard itself a much larger portion of the lens surface, and thus the picture. The Bovendie flare is not articulated like it is here. I think the sun through which charged cloud squeaked through with this as effect.

EC 22 mei 2015 om 16:25

Cheap Sony Cybershot camera produces this kind of LENS FLAIR

groninganus (Clipperton) 22 mei 2015 om 22:03
Learning in first games please. An expensive camera does not automatically good pictures,

And then Clipperton closes the thread on the 22nd. It seems to me there that Clipperton finally capitulates and decides that it’s a lens flare. But I know that he is secretly holding out, like I am, for whatever the KNMI has to say.

Hugo 21 mei 2015 om 13:26

Here is the Byrds song that Harry mentions posting beneath the images: Muziek!

Thanks folks, and thanks to CIAGypsy.

Gelukkige Zondag!

edit on 24-5-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hehe it's a wormhole

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join