It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Congressman says he wants pay raise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It seems U.S. Representative Alcee Hastings (D-FL) wants a pay raise and he cites the high cost of living in Washington D.C.

But it looks like there's a few more reasons that don't reflect any "cost of living". !!

Seems the Congressman is deep in debt over his own head.

No surprise is there.

Rep. Alcee Hastings (D-FL) made headlines this week with his suggestion that members of Congress, who make at least $174,000 a year, need a raise because of D.C.’s high cost of living:

“Members deserve to be paid, staff deserves to be paid and the cost of living here is causing serious problems for people who are not wealthy to serve in this institution.”

BUT...

look at his own problems !!

Robert Catz, $500,000 – $1 million debt incurred from 1981 to 1985

Terrance Anderson, $1 million – $5 million debt incurred from 1981 to 1989

Patricia Williams, $500,000 – $1 million debt incurred from 1981 to 1989

Karr and McClain, $100,000 – $250,000 debt incurred from 1983 to 1989

Mark McDonald, $15,000 – $50,000 debt incurred from 1981 to 1983

Lewis Meyers, $15,000 – $50,000 debt incurred from 1981 to 1983

Bright Star (Mortgage), $100,000 – $250,000 debt incurred from 2009

All told, Rep. Hastings is more than $7.5 million in debt.

It looks like housing’s the least of his problems.

Unearthed Info Reveals a Possible Reason Why Dem Congressman Wanted a Pay Raise So Badly

Tisk Tisk !!!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They aren't there to serve, they are there to get rich.

That is the problem with all of them.

Did you hear the audio of the guy?

I want to throat punch him!!!

Sorry I'm still wound up over the kid who got flashbanged thread.

Don't read it, it will spike your bp.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
he can stand in line with the rest of the americans??
some of whom aren't making half as much as him and haven't seen a significant raise in ages!!!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
A politician wants more gravy for the gravy train? What a surprise.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

This image says it all and could be substituted for just about any of the manufactured outrage photo ops of late.

I can't find Sharpton anywhere, maybe he was sleeping in.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

lol
they are there to serve
themselves
and their MASTERS
note where the money does go....
(even though some of the recipients have non NNPR nukes)
which ilustrates who holds the rains
(debt) slavery still exists
edit on Thuam5b20155America/Chicago11 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

That's right as the old saying goes they don't go to DC to make laws they go there to make money. Besides he should be making more than enough from the lobbyist who buys his vote on policies they want. Also insider trading is legal for members of congress so if he goes to DC and can't make enough to live on then he is an idiot and needs leave office.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

wow if you can insider trade as a politician he must be pretty dam stupid to be in money trouble.

Give me a political position like that $1000 and laptop with trading software and I would make a few million within a year.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
After we get MORE accountability WE'LL see.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You DID see where one of them though GUAM would tip over if the Navy put too many people on it right?www.cbsnews.com...
So that shouldn't surprise us.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
congress critters in debt?
can't even scam good?
how the heck can anyone expect to govern if they can't scam?
lol
now that's incompetant
throw the bums out!
edit on Thupm5b20155America/Chicago15 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

That's right as the old saying goes they don't go to DC to make laws they go there to make money. Besides he should be making more than enough from the lobbyist who buys his vote on policies they want. Also insider trading is legal for members of congress so if he goes to DC and can't make enough to live on then he is an idiot and needs leave office.

Well put, buster... especially the last line!
I would give you multiple stars if I was able.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Yeah, I heard that he was the only one crying about a pay raise in the entirety of Congress.

Possibly $7.5M in debt?! I can't even imagine that...nor do I ever want to imagine that. Maybe he should try living within his means...maybe the Federal Government should do that, too.

But we can't imply it's because he's a Dem...I'm sure that there are plenty of Repubs in the same situation, just not stupid enough (right now) to cry about a pay raise.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Yeah, I heard that he was the only one crying about a pay raise in the entirety of Congress.

Possibly $7.5M in debt?! I can't even imagine that...nor do I ever want to imagine that. Maybe he should try living within his means...maybe the Federal Government should do that, too.

But we can't imply it's because he's a Dem...I'm sure that there are plenty of Repubs in the same situation, just not stupid enough (right now) to cry about a pay raise.

It the people in charge can't live within there means how can you expect the country....

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
IYet another reason we MUST STOP lifer politicians. Nothing, I mean nothing good comes of it.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Do you know how you can tell when those at the top are making way too much money, and others aren't making enough? It's when even the politicians in the top 5% of income earners are struggling financially.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I believe they already make too much. Members of Congress should make the average income from the state they represent. If they want a raise, they should do something to improve the economy in their home state.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewokIt the people in charge can't live within there means how can you expect the country....

I would start with a balanced-budget amendment to the Constitution and go from there--if they were forced by law to do it, it might actually happen, but if left up to their own amazing personal-finance skills, there's no hope at all.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
He could always get a real job.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Alcee Hastings ....

Alcee Lamar Hastings (born September 5, 1936) is the U.S. Representative for Florida's 20th congressional district, serving in Congress since 1993. He is a member of the Democratic Party. He served as a Judge on the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida from 1979 until his impeachment and removal from that post in 1989. He is one of only eight federal officials in American history to be impeached and removed from office.

Alcee Hastings

BaaHaHaHa

And they keep voting him back in.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join