It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meanwhile..... In the South China Sea.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: the2ofusr1

They haven't shown interest in talking to anyone. It's been more, "These were ours in the past, they're ours again, stay out". This has been going on for years and I haven't seen any interest in talking.

All they've managed to do is push people towards the west.

I think their leadership is too used to getting their way at home and forget how the world works.

They assume they can just do whatever they want when they want.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Zaphod58

China and trademark infringement, and assorted other economic theft? Say it ain't so, Zaph...say it ain't so.

Ya...it is kinda their thing to rip others stuff.

Knockoff was coined because of them.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Then they stood there on the deck of the carrier they got from Russia, in front of the aircraft they copied, down to the fire control system they were supposed to have never seen, and told Russia they didn't copy it and had no idea what they were talking about.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Unless the Chinese plan on using these facilities soon, they will inevitably become some of the best artificial reef breaks in the South China Sea.

Super Typhoon

edit on 20-5-2015 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

See, that's the great thing about geopolitics...

You can lie like that, and there are no consequences. At least none worth talkin' about.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seasoul

Huh, I'd actually forgot about that...

That's a major storm track...at least I think it is.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: johnwick

I'd say so.

Thanks, sir.

No thank you!!!

I served to serve my people!!!

You allowed me to do things this country boy could never imagine in his tiny small town in rural Indiana.

It was my pleasure!!!

Thanks for paying the bills for the good times!!!

My service was the lesser of our 2 commitments.

I served happily, and got to help many in their times of need.

I know without a doubt, the world is better because I served and did my part.

Few are so lucky in life as to know they mattered!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

The reason we are there is because if we are not China will do more than warn, they will attack and sink vessels from other nations. They refuse to allow the Philippines to resupply it's own territory.

In 1995, Beijing upped the ante by erecting a structure in Mischief Reef, which is located in the Philippines’ exclusive economic zone, calling it a “shelter for fishing boats.”

ajw.asahi.com...

They are stealing land and using military force to do so.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Thank you you're about the 12th person to tell me something I already knew.
edit on 21-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

So why didn't you just title your thread,Tell Me Something That I Don't Already Know About That Is Currently Happening in The South China Sea then?

Red China would rape the entire Pacific if they were allowed to do so. Course I am sure that you're already aware of that as well. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Besides the fact that I mentioned in the OP I already knew about the current conflict. For some reason everyone wants to keep repeating them. While ignoring one of the major factors that was brought up in this thread. There are two distinct theaters in the Pacific right now.

Those are the South China Sea were Japan has no claims and the East China Sea where Japan has claims. For some reason despite the thousands of miles difference everyone has those confused.

All these post instead of repeating information would be better served pointing out the incorrect information. I have pointed out the two distinctions repeatedly in this thread only to be ignored or met with excuses.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The two aren't being confused. Japan is trying to create allies in the South China Sea that could help them. They don't have a physical claim there like the others, that doesn't mean they don't have important interests there.
edit on 5/21/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Well since you titled it, Meanwhile.....In The South China Sea, people figured they would comment about what is occurring there.

Tell you what I think we should do, I think we should immediately send an Aircraft Carrier to those fabricated Islands.

No need to play games, they are testing our resolve, and we need to give them an answer.

Though I doubt the dunce Obama would make such a bold move against his Mandarin friends. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Yes many nations in the pacific are starting to form alliances. But there are two separate and distinct zones. I've searched for any information about Japanese Navy or air assets in the Spartley Islands and have found none.

But as bullheaded as you're being about the subject, I may have overlooked something can you supply links to your claims of Japanese patrols?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
There has been discussions between The U.S & Japan about future patrols in the South China Sea.

Japan has an interest in protecting the shipping lanes that are used for its Imports, as well as other interests. ~$heopleNation
edit on 21-5-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

They're still building alliances in that area. They're preparing to begin naval and air patrols and have been talking with the US about support for them, as well as the other nations there to prevent misunderstandings. They've come a long way in the last two years in their dealings with that area.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Yep I understand and know about the future plans.

I'm still taken aback by your claims in your first post.....................

Japan flies in the area, China warns and intercepts them.

It seems that even you were confused about the two theaters initially.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Yep, I made a mistake to begin with. I was thinking of the Senkaku region.

The rest of my points stand though. Japan is taking the lead in the region and the US is assisting.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

So if you know all the reasons we are there, why are you asking "why are we there"?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

If you would've read the thread you would see that my main question is why are we leading the incursions.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join