It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meanwhile..... In the South China Sea.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

India is expanding and modernizing faster than almost anyone else.

They have plans to design and build a bigger aircraft carrier, and the US Navy has announced they're developing a group to discuss technology sharing with them to do it. That could include nuclear reactors for power, and EMALS for catapults.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Lol

To use that you really have to apply yourself. My next favorite word is foppotee !

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

You got it!

Most people forget their were artillery duels between Taiwan and China. If you are close enough to fire the 155's at each other you are way too close.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
a reply to: Greathouse

The US is an ally of other nations in the region, and much of what China "claims" is actually international waters or the exclusive economic zone of another country. The US has every right to be there under international laws, unlike China which seems to want to simply ignore international laws and norms to snatch up strategically important islands and ocean.

And why shouldn't this be reported? Or would you prefer to only find out about this dispute when China launches an attack on one of their neighbours and the US base there is destroyed in a surprise attack?

Like it or not, the US has an interest, we all do.

I really don't get this attitude of "keep your nose out", we did that in the 1930's remember? That all turned out rosy. When a nation is being threatening and attempting to steal land and resources from other countries, we need to be informed, we need to be vocal and we need to assist our allies and attempt to stabilize international relations.

Ignoring this and letting China walk all over its neighbours is certainly not an acceptable option.

Ready to pick up that rifle then?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Lol

To use that you really have to apply yourself. My next favorite word is foppotee !

OK, I have a pretty good vocab, but I have never heard that word.

Use it in a sentence.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Even the Americans have had a go with Japan so it's not like they have a history of spreading friend ship around the world . Thing is now after being put in their place of submission of the USA they will become a proxy for Washington as best they can . China is making lots and lots of friendly deals and has been for some time now . I cant see Japan catching up to China when it comes to making new deals in the region .Most are well aware of the IMF system and would like the option of the alternative or so it seems .

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Friendly deals? Like telling the Philippines to stay out of their own EEZ? Or shooting at Vietnam flagged vessels that were in an EEZ they have claim to? Claiming an ADIZ where they have no right to?

Yeah those are friendly deals alright.
edit on 5/20/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

There are many people on this site that are only pitful foppotees.

Not you!

edit on 20-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Well if you think about it they're already ramming each other. I actually don't see gunfire is being that large of a step.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

They already have economic ties with China so they don't want to bite the hand that is feeding them and then there is the fact that would they sooner side with a close neighbor or with one that is far away . Seems that if the become China's partner then they have a bigger closer brother and one that they share much history with . True it has not always been good but the history they had with Japan was brutal . If it's about picking sides then I think the new silk road is one they may want to be a part of .

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

And yet they're making deals with Japan, and looking to become closer to the US because of China. The Chinese activities in the entire region are making a lot of countries nervous and are pushing them into relationships with countries they have a bad history with. Even the ones that have traditionally had close ties to China.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

You got it!

Most people forget their were artillery duels between Taiwan and China. If you are close enough to fire the 155's at each other you are way too close.

I was in artillery on the 19er8 155mm towed howitzer.
Cannon fire direction control expert 13-E
Trained at A-2/80th field artillery battalion fort Sill OK, every single person with my MOS went through "Alphatraz".

If you are getting 155 fire....

It is no bs, 100m radius 100% casualties if not in cover.

From one round, if it is "for effect", you get many rounds, just to make sure the "steel rain" gets you.

There is a reason the artilleries moto is "don't run, you will just die tired".

And they are known as the "king of battle".

I don't ever want to be on the receiving end of it.

I saw it once when observing the impact area....

Somehow hell on earth doesn't come close to accurately describing it.

If you haven't seen it, I recommend looking it up, it is very much like being "godsmacked".

We don't wear ear plugs, because the force of the shockwave travels through your bones directly to the ear.

When one tube fires, it is like being hit in the chest, really hard!!!

When a battery is firing "time on target" and all 8 go off at once......

Then the smell, known as the "Wolfe's pussy"....

Of the breach gases when they open it to load another round....

Sorry, went off on a tangent, i could almost feel the guns firing again, my blood pressure spiked, and my heart rate increased dramatically just thinking about it.

Its in my blood now, even damn near 10 years out.

God I miss those guns, the rush when you hear "FIRE MISSION!!!".

The shear glorious machine like precision of the gun crews and the fever pitched flurry of activity in the FDC" fire direction control" where I worked, helping to aim the worlds largest sniper rifle!!!!

I'm breathing heavy now just remembering, heart thumping,pupils dilated, mind racing.....

OK back to reality, sorry for derailing!!

edit on 20-5-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I had though that these are what is being brought into dispute . Kind of like the disputes we hear surrounding Israel and the Palestinians . Disputes like Kashmir . China may be forcing a issue to be resolved by dialog . I think that Pakistan and India are also being forced in to dialog as well but not with physical force but by the chance for economic growth . That silk road and the gas pipe lines are going to work wonders to build a Asian group of nations working together .

I think that Washington has figured it out and have come up with the TPP deal . A big fat carrot that they cant show us in the west or we would have them hanging from the light poles before dawn .

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

No problem man very descriptive reply.

I know you're speaking 100% truth. Because there's two people on this thread in if you're only speaking 99% truth they will be sure to correct you on the 1%.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JSpader

originally posted by: Rocker2013
a reply to: Greathouse

The US is an ally of other nations in the region, and much of what China "claims" is actually international waters or the exclusive economic zone of another country. The US has every right to be there under international laws, unlike China which seems to want to simply ignore international laws and norms to snatch up strategically important islands and ocean.

And why shouldn't this be reported? Or would you prefer to only find out about this dispute when China launches an attack on one of their neighbours and the US base there is destroyed in a surprise attack?

Like it or not, the US has an interest, we all do.

I really don't get this attitude of "keep your nose out", we did that in the 1930's remember? That all turned out rosy. When a nation is being threatening and attempting to steal land and resources from other countries, we need to be informed, we need to be vocal and we need to assist our allies and attempt to stabilize international relations.

Ignoring this and letting China walk all over its neighbours is certainly not an acceptable option.

Ready to pick up that rifle then?

I already did, from nov2 99 to nov2 05.

Does that count?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Because ties with China become snares...

Economically. Militarily.

China isn't a big "brother". China is a big "bully".

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

They haven't shown interest in talking to anyone. It's been more, "These were ours in the past, they're ours again, stay out". This has been going on for years and I haven't seen any interest in talking.

All they've managed to do is push people towards the west.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Exactly. What seem like friendly deals suddenly become traps of some kind.

Even with Russia, who they've largely relied on for a lot of equipment. They managed to piss them off by copying equipment without buying it, and costing Russia a lot of money.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I'd say so.

Thanks, sir.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

China and trademark infringement, and assorted other economic theft? Say it ain't so, Zaph...say it ain't so.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join