It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity Glue....really amazing.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Segenam

Pretty cool. I wonder how many times rocks have fallen and smashed his knees and toes...

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Legman
a reply to: Segenam

Pretty cool. I wonder how many times rocks have fallen and smashed his knees and toes...

Lol, I was thinking the same.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You really have to ask yourself a question here, why would ANYONE at all pretend they could do this?

I mean really, why? How easy is this to disprove? Super easy!

It is just cool stuff with stones, not proof of anti gravity.

Man the wonder of beauty is so lost on some people they see everything as a personal challenge to either prove or disprove.

It is a bunch of stones and it looks really cool!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yeah. It took tons of patience and with the help of a lot of super glue.

Some of those structures wouldn't stand for a minute on their own.
edit on 20-5-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Please, show your video of a wet 5 pound stone balancing on a point with superglue.

Thank you in advance.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Please, show your video of a wet 5 pound stone balancing on a point with superglue.

Thank you in advance.

Damn sight more chance of standing with super glue than nothing !!! come on pleeeease think about what you have said.

By the way there was a point in the second video when he moved the smaller top rock and the lower large rock moved with it exactly as if glued p-ching busted !

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
That should be illegal. He is not buying anything, he is not supporting the economy unless he catches cold from that ice cold water or he drops one on his foot.

I got to try that, I have lots of rocks to work with here. I love building things with rocks.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Thank you in advance.

So that won't work with super glue but a simple balance job will?
Your reasoning is faulty.

As for the "wet" look. A good coat of poly from a a spray can will provide that look.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
That was cool. I wonder what the purpose of throwing water on it was.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Thanks for the Thread S n F of course. I have sent the link around the world to friends whom I know will appreciate this...

The water IMHO is to show that the balance is solid to the viewer of the video and perhaps as Char Lee suggested to enhance the look of the rocks, colour and shape.

What I want to see is the making of the video so see how those rocks are appearing....

Thanks again for this thread and all those who commented....

It was rather sad to see him topple the Balloon pile as that should have lasted until nature or some jerk knocked it over for others to stumble upon and ponder!

Edited to add the last line
edit on 5/20/2015 by IceHappy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Nice find Vasa!
Very cool. I just tried it and managed to get a 3" long, about 1.5" diameter chunk of alum to balance on a piece of a clear quartz geode...but failed at adding a 1.5"x1" chunk of black tourmaline, and a pocket-sized square of polished selenite wouldn't stay put either, but almost.
Been wanting to try this for a while now, so definitely inspired.
I'll try some big geodes after dinner.
Cheers!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
this weekend I'll be at a river. If one man can do it another can. I shall make a rock statue and video for proof that it's possible.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

I call fake...maybe this is some artistic version of art but just because it's on youtube does not make it real...tons of cut scenes....

I have to agree. Finding the center of gravity for each object is one thing, but the way they're stacked without the slightest bit of having the center of gravity destabilized when water is splashed on them make me question if this isn't a hoax. Even the slightest vibration caused by the flowing water from the creak on the base rock, should be enough to destabilize the rocks and make them collapse.

I may be wrong, but it just doesn't seem possible.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I call fake...maybe this is some artistic version of art but just because it's on youtube does not make it real...tons of cut scenes....

I have to agree. Finding the center of gravity for each object is one thing, but the way they're stacked without the slightest bit of having the center of gravity destabilized when water is splashed on them make me question if this isn't a hoax. Even the slightest vibration caused by the flowing water from the creak on the base rock, should be enough to destabilize the rocks and make them collapse.

I may be wrong, but it just doesn't seem possible.

They are heavy rocks, he admitted he only selected stackable ones. This is possible and genuine .

I can tell a lot of you, we'll all of you , don't hike or explore much. This is a common site all over America.
edit on 20-5-2015 by Legman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Well that was fairly easy, and when they topple after 2 or 3, when you go to stack em again, it gets easier.
And I assure you, I didn't superglue my crystals together!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

I take it you didn't check out his other videos, or his website?

And here we are again proving the statement from David Mitchell when talking about Moon Landing conspiracies "we are in trouble as a species if people refuse to believe in things they couldn't actually do themselves"

The guy is using balance, finding the center of gravity of a stone and balancing the weight expertly. It's not magic, it's not trickery, it's really very simple, yet beautiful.
edit on 20-5-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

This is very common actually - there's a guy in my city who does it at the river, and we also ran into someone who does it on the street, busking style. Nothing new here.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Here's another video of his shot from a gopro he's wearing. Sure seems real to me.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm not totally convinced, especially by the fast moving water ones, and the ocean waves ones.....to many natural disturbances in my opinion.

Cool if it is genuine mind.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
I'm not totally convinced, especially by the fast moving water ones, and the ocean waves ones.....to many natural disturbances in my opinion.

Cool if it is genuine mind.

Seriously. Take a hike on the AT and count them. Or snap pics. You'll run out of memory on your cam.

Kick some over and look for glue.

Someone Will come along and restack them.

Check out glacial erratics. Same thing on a larger scale, no glue there either. Well skip the debate on their formation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join